How the fark does Smith get away with it .... again?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True, but he left out the part where the refs allowed Melbourne to skip to an all but unassailable lead in the first half. Not just the big cells either. Sutton turned a blind eye to numerous Melbourne high shots and allowed them to hold down in the ruck when Penrith has all the momentum.

Whether they copped stuff decisions it not, players are not allowed to insinuate refs are cheats and numerous players and coaches of “lesser status” have been punished for doing it. Why is smith exempt from the same rules that apply to everyone?
lollllll who let Phil Gould on to this forum ...

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What a fu@)ing joke when you consider both James Graham (captain) and David Klemmer both had 3 match suspensions for onfield dissent against the same referee, in similar circumstances when the other team got a run of favourable decisions and got back into the game.

on an additional note ... the suspension was even more disgusting when you consider Klemmer had already sought Chloe's permission and was cleared by her to speak directly to the ref.

What did Graham and Klemmer actually say?
I can’t stand smith but his approach to a ref is always pretty spot on. I do remember Graham barking at Sutton and making the dirtbag feel threatened where smith never does that. Smith May say worse things to the ref then a James Graham did but it’s the manner in which he does it and that’s how he seems to get away with it.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Quality comment. The refereeing in that first half was a joke.
LOLLLL quality indeed when Penrith were leading all the stats too! Possession alone was 60/40 in favour of the Panthers at half time.

POSSESSION

PANTHERS 52%
STORM 48%
COMPLETED SETS
PANTHERS 33
STORM 31
TOTAL SETS
PANTHERS 48
STORM 39

ATTACK

ALL RUN

PANTHERS 195
STORM 163
ALL RUN METRES
PANTHERS 1538
STORM 1416
POST CONTACT METRES
PANTHERS 597
STORM 541
LIKE BREAK
PANTHERS 4
STORM 5
TACKLE BREAKS
PANTHERS 33
STORM 29
KICK RETURN METRES
PANTHERS 192
STORM 81
AVERAGE PLAY THE BALL SPEED
PANTHERS 4

STORM 4

DEFENCE

40/20
PANTHER 0
STORM 0
TACKLES

PANTHERS 331
STORM 331
MISSED TACKLES
PANTHERS 29

STORM 33

DISCIPLINE

RUCK INFRINGEMENTS
PANTHERS 2
STORM 5
PENALTIES CONCEDED
PANTHERS 7
STORM 8
ERRORS
PANTHERS 18
STORM 12
SEND OFF
PANTHERS 0
STORM 0
SIN BINS
PANTHERS 0
STORM 2

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
LOLLLL quality indeed when Penrith were leading all the stats too! Possession alone was 60/40 in favour of the Panthers at half time.
So what? Melbourne had the run of possession in the second half by almost the same margin and possession ended up almost 50/50. Few would say decisions went their way in the second half. Melbourne also won the penalty count. Penrith were leading the stats because they dominated the play for the majority of the half. The scoreboard was bizarre. Penrith had a contentious try taken off them and the Cleary intercept was a 12 point turnaround. Don't think anyone who watched the game could say Melbourne didn't get the rub of the green in that first 40.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For everyone saying the referees were biased or in any way assisting the Storm, please do look at the stats for the game.

POSSESSION

(Half Time)

PANTHER 60%
STORM 40%
(Full Time)
PANTHERS 52%
STORM 48%

COMPLETED SETS
PANTHERS 33
STORM 31

TOTAL SETS
PANTHERS 48
STORM 39

ATTACK

ALL RUN

PANTHERS 195
STORM 163

ALL RUN METRES
PANTHERS 1538
STORM 1416

POST CONTACT METRES
PANTHERS 597
STORM 541

LIKE BREAK
PANTHERS 4
STORM 5

TACKLE BREAKS
PANTHERS 33
STORM 29

KICK RETURN METRES
PANTHERS 192
STORM 81

PANTHERS 4
STORM 4

DEFENCE

40/20
PANTHER 0
STORM 0

TACKLES

PANTHERS 331
STORM 331

MISSED TACKLES
PANTHERS 29
STORM 33

DISCIPLINE

RUCK INFRINGEMENTS
PANTHERS 2
STORM 5

PENALTIES CONCEDED
PANTHERS 7
STORM 8

ERRORS
PANTHERS 18
STORM 12

SEND OFF
PANTHERS 0
STORM 0

SIN BINS
PANTHERS 0
STORM 2

Last edited:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So what? Melbourne had the run of possession in the second half by almost the same margin and possession ended up almost 50/50. Few would say decisions went their way in the second half. Melbourne also won the penalty count. Penrith were leading the stats because they dominated the play for the majority of the half. The scoreboard was bizarre. Penrith had a contentious try taken off them and the Cleary intercept was a 12 point turnaround. Don't think anyone who watched the game could say Melbourne didn't get the rub of the green in that first 40.
Please go and re-watch the game and look at the statistics form the game Gus.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a fu@)ing joke when you consider both James Graham (captain) and David Klemmer both had 3 match suspensions for onfield dissent against the same referee, in similar circumstances when the other team got a run of favourable decisions and got back into the game.

on an additional note ... the suspension was even more disgusting when you consider Klemmer had already sought Chloe's permission and was cleared by her to speak directly to the ref.

lol
completely different hahahaha

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Be interesting if another player said exactly the same words, with the same smirk and tone in 2021 to see if it's judged by MRC as ok.. and if Sutton just takes it like he did with Cam.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You’re a moron Lolll they dominated every stat and you’re still going to sit there and pull up the refs
The only stat that was relevant to my argument is the penalty count and they did not dominate it. I've already articulated my argument. Make a credible counter argument, or piss off, you rude jackass..

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only stat that was relevant to my argument is the penalty count and they did not dominate it. I've already articulated my argument. Make a credible counter argument, or piss off, you rude jackass..
LOLLLl who won the penalty count ?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a thorough, well reasoned argument. Stop wasting my time. You've got nothing.
Ironically those statistics tend to suggest that strom should have been penalised or found guilty of ruck infringements a lot more in the first half than they were. It is unfortunate the amount of influence refs have on the game sometimes, but for most of this season if a team is dominating possession and making post contact metres the refs have been calling off the defense very quickly and been giving 6 agains. That didn't apply in the first half. The ref really failed to read the game in that it was wet weather footy and panthers were initially running a lot of one outs and dummy half runs as a sensible response to that (how many drop balls did they have when they started throwing it around). Storm were out on their feet such was the energy of the mountain men. Ref didn't get it though, and allowed Cam Smith and co to lie all over the ruck, not square markers getting involved, hang onto the ball carrying arm even after the player had regained his feet, so on and so forth. Panfers earned the right to dominate the ruck (as supported by the first half stats), but the ref didn't do his job.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
LOLLLl who won the penalty count ?
We are talking about the first half. Penrith won the penalty count by 1 at full time....a stat that hardly indicates "dominance." Melbourne got three key penalties in the first half and I'm sure they got a couple of others. At a guess I would say Penrith won the penalty count in the second half. Can't find the stats, but I'm pretty sure Melbourne won the penalty count in the first half. Even if they didn't, it was obviously close and a close penalty count doesn't mean there weren't more that should have been blown in any case. I counted two blatant high tackles by Melbourne in the opening five minutes and a handful of six agains that weren't blown for Penrith when they were in the attcaking zone. Now bring an actual argument to the table, or piss off.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ironically those statistics tend to suggest that strom should have been penalised or found guilty of ruck infringements a lot more in the first half than they were. It is unfortunate the amount of influence refs have on the game sometimes, but for most of this season if a team is dominating possession and making post contact metres the refs have been calling off the defense very quickly and been giving 6 agains. That didn't apply in the first half. The ref really failed to read the game in that it was wet weather footy and panthers were initially running a lot of one outs and dummy half runs as a sensible response to that (how many drop balls did they have when they started throwing it around). Storm were out on their feet such was the energy of the mountain men. Ref didn't get it though, and allowed Cam Smith and co to lie all over the ruck, not square markers getting involved, hang onto the ball carrying arm even after the player had regained his feet, so on and so forth. Panfers earned the right to dominate the ruck (as supported by the first half stats), but the ref didn't do his job.
Exactly. Put it better than I could. And this superman bloke is obnoxious enough to laugh without providing any solid arguments. I don't there's many out there who would say melbourne didn't get the rub of the green in that first 40.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For everyone saying the referees were biased or in any way assisting the Storm, please do look at the stats for the game.

POSSESSION

(Half Time)

PANTHER 60%
STORM 40%
(Full Time)
PANTHERS 52%
STORM 48%

COMPLETED SETS
PANTHERS 33
STORM 31

TOTAL SETS
PANTHERS 48
STORM 39

ATTACK

ALL RUN

PANTHERS 195
STORM 163

ALL RUN METRES
PANTHERS 1538
STORM 1416

POST CONTACT METRES
PANTHERS 597
STORM 541

LIKE BREAK
PANTHERS 4
STORM 5

TACKLE BREAKS
PANTHERS 33
STORM 29

KICK RETURN METRES
PANTHERS 192
STORM 81

PANTHERS 4
STORM 4

DEFENCE

40/20
PANTHER 0
STORM 0

TACKLES

PANTHERS 331
STORM 331

MISSED TACKLES
PANTHERS 29
STORM 33

DISCIPLINE

RUCK INFRINGEMENTS
PANTHERS 2
STORM 5

PENALTIES CONCEDED
PANTHERS 7
STORM 8

ERRORS
PANTHERS 18
STORM 12

SEND OFF
PANTHERS 0
STORM 0

SIN BINS
PANTHERS 0
STORM 2
So how did Melbourne win and create such a lead ?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly. Put it better than I could. And this superman bloke is obnoxious enough to laugh without providing any solid arguments. I don't there's many out there who would say melbourne didn't get the rub of the green in that first 40.
LOLLLLl solid argument? I gave you solid facts, solid stats buddy! case closed.