Not open for further replies.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cornish is terrible. Don't want him anywhere near our club.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I laughed when they gave it to him, I dont think there was a single thing he did right besides goal kicking.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

lafai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hokko's shit he can **** right off, next Keating.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hokko's shit he can **** right off, next Keating.
Keating was actually better. At least he had a better kicking game.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Next Roberts? Lol.
Don't forget that game against the Broncos where Roberts totally outplayed Lockyer and got himself a contract extension

Played as if he was possessed, turned into an absolute beast that night

Last edited by a moderator:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Channel 9 are pushing for Hodko to get selected for Origin so the Gyngells rooster halves are available for season games

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Actually I remember he did do one thing right and it was a grubber in the first 10 or so and we got the ball back for a drop out. That was it though.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was frustrated with both our halves tonight. Every time we got to the fourth tackle one of our halves was getting caught with the ball which meant the Tigpies knew exactly who they were going to have to put pressure on which really ****ed with our ability to apply any pressure with the kicking game. This is part of the reason that we saw the ball ending up with forwards who were forced to kick on a couple of occasions. Later in the game we were finding some space with long range kicks but i think our halves need to work on finding the turf with long range kicks. Maybe the plan was to keep tedesco out of the action on kick returns though which i think they achieved.

In light of the fact that for so long people have raged at Hodkinson and Reynolds, i decided that I'll be captain negative about anything Mbye does to balance things out a bit. I personally can't see that Mbye did a great deal more than was expected. His best moments were one good run and the field goal. I don't think he was awful, but neither do i think he was sensational. And on Lichaa- he still has it in him to mis-time some crucial passes. Overall he's been pretty good though.

Nice to get a very scrappy win, but i have to say that when we let in tries they've been pretty soft tries.
Mbye is at best solid at the moment, the only reason people are so relieved to have him in the side is because he still offers more than Hodkinson and is much less of a liability than Reynolds. Hodkinson was basically invisible again tonight minus his goal kicking and his 5th tackle options were abysmally poor. You can excuse a 20 game rookie for making those mistakes but for a veteran like Hodkinson to even consider passing to a forward on the last tackle 40ms out of from the opposition tryline with absolutely nothing doing is borderline pathetic.

Mbye isn't the greatest half and he isn't setting the world on fire, he's merely a solid player at the moment that's doing all the basics correct. The reason half our fans are in awe of him is because its been a very very very long time that we've had any half that can do even the most basic requirements of a half. That alone should tell you how bad Hodkinson and Reynolds have been for almost a year (They never recovered any degree of their skill post-Origin), Reynolds grew increasingly selfish and made the biggest brain farts and Hodkinson is a broken player.

To anyone that wants to defend him because he's playing injured or that he hasn't had enough time to get into the groove. First Grade is NOT the place for that, if you're not ready to play as first grader then you shouldn't be in FG it's really simple.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Actually I remember he did do one thing right and it was a grubber in the first 10 or so and we got the ball back for a drop out. That was it though.
he saved 2 tries as well, 1 by tackle and 1 VIA dive

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i think before halftime they tried to target him a couple of times but he made the 1 on 1 tackle to stop them

i know these things arent sexy but it all adds up

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Suprised Ch9 didn't jump in the car and head to Pirtek Stadium and give our games man of the match award to Greg Inglis for breathing.
Haha yeah, Gould was pretty quiet on the fact Inglis missed 3 tackles that led to tries

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hodko was Far from our best 2nite , thought Mbye, Lichaa, or most of our starting forwards Pritchard, Graham, Tolman & even JMoz & Rona were far more influential

Hodko had 3 bad plays that could have cost us the game:

Kicked dead 70th minute giving Tigers 7 tackle set, led to tigers missing a field goal infront

79th minute passed it off to T Rex to kick which gave Tigers a chance to win

Extra Time missed Field Goal right infront 20 metres out

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Plus gave away 3 penalties in our Territory from memory.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kills me to say it but the hot headed prick is a better option than Hokko.
Yeah. At least both his legs work and who knows, the club doctor might have put him on a course of anti brain snap meds.

The other option of course is Matt Frawley. Yes he is young, but he's fast, tough and has got a football brain.

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent looks way down on confidence, he usually eats field goals for breakfast .... My niece said after the whistle they are interviewing hodko , I nearly fell over .... Maybe it will spur him into gear as he has been below his best this year ....
Good to see Moses stepping up, have been waiting for 2 years to see him do something, he has been very good the last few weeks ...

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think there was one 5th tackle option where our wingers had time to get under and contest the ball? what's the go. so frustrating when Eastwood was forced to kick the ball on the last with Hodkinson standing too flat with the ball. this resulted in a tigers try...

Status
Not open for further replies.