How much longer can we carry Hopa?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson is fine. Napa will not be re-signed and we do need to strengthen at prop. From what's off contract for 2022 it might have to wait another year unfortunately. We also need to pray Thompson is nothing like last year and can be a quality or even an elite NRL prop (on the money he's on he has to be). We currently have a stack of do the job, not that great and unproven props.
Issue for Thomson is he is what we have already... he could be quick on his feet etc but he isn’t the big body prop we need atm. He will be a welcomed addition to the team because of his aggression but we are missing a big body up front.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yes would have been nice to have nabbed Momo .......walk up starter at centre for the runners up and i thought he was pretty good(admittedly playing in a bloody good side).

We're in deep do do solving this problem now but i don't see how Hoppa stays in the 1's regardless of the coin he is on.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I want Warriors to sign Joey Many for fullback and Roosters to sign Hopoate to replace him. Let's be honest Will would play well there as he would have a very simple role, make your tackles and get the ball to BMoz if required as Keary and Teddy will do the rest lol

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hoppa looked poor the other night and I think this will be his last season with us. In saying that, the suggrstion of putting Schoupp in between DWZ and Flanno will leak thousands of points.

Hoppa has been a good player for the dogs for many years, but has never played consistently well at centre.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
DWZ is the obvious choice at centre unless we recruit someone of ability.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
DWZ is the obvious choice at centre unless we recruit someone of ability.
I would agree if DWZ had better hands and was more decisive defensively but he is not. You have hated on Hoppa even when he was our best player by a fair margin. Your opinion on him counts for little

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would agree if DWZ had better hands and was more decisive defensively but he is not. You have hated on Hoppa even when he was our best player by a fair margin. Your opinion on him counts for little
Read the other posts. Most on here agree that Hoppa is past it, or never had it. Besides he was never our best player.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Read the other posts. Most on here agree that Hoppa is past it, or never had it. Besides he was never our best player.
I agree that Hoppa is probably passed it. To say he never had it and wasn't a good player for us in difficult times is bullshit. He got player of the year, so someone must of thought he did all right. You have been death riding Hoppa for years like a jealous girlfriend

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was saying last year,Hoppa and Napa shouldn’t be in the 17, or even close, and people on here were losing their shit. “ Hoppa should be fullback,he should be centre he’s our best player”. “ Napa has to be starting prop, he has to be in the 17, we can’t swap Napa for Burton we need Napa” .
I’d swap Napa for a handful magic beans or put him in the “free” section on Gumtree. And a Hoppa may have played centre, fullback and wing in the past but he isn’t the best option for any of those positions now, permanently or as a long term replacement. Like Hoppa,Napa isn’t “depth” or an option or solution to our problem He just highlights the problem and the fact we wouldn’t lose anything by giving a young bloke a chance to gain experience and further improve at that position.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looks like Hoppa is the new Tolman lol.
Hoppa and Napa were our “Tolmans” before Tolman was our “Tolman” lol
Tolman was and is so much better than Napa. Sadly he was also better than our recent, previous halfbacks and wasted far less tackles in the oposition 20

Last edited:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree that Hoppa is probably passed it. To say he never had it and wasn't a good player for us in difficult times is bullshit. He got player of the year, so someone must of thought he did all right. You have been death riding Hoppa for years like a jealous girlfriend
Tbh, Hoppa has never ever been good at centre.. he's been good at wing in his younger days, he's been solid at FB at times, but at centre he's been an epic failure his whole career..

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
does nobody understand experience matters. Everyone wants Hoppa, Napa and DWZ gone, but our only experienced players other then them are RFM and Jacko. We need to keep them
Experience is important. But it’s also relative, they were experienced and good at a slower game we aren’t playing anymore.
If you keep doing what you always did, You’ll keep getting what you always got.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He got found out in the middle I think he gave away 4 set restarts
Yes JJ too slow clearing.

I don't like bagging our club legends and he gets a pass mark for me but the length of his re-signing contract was another bad decision.
L
You’re being a bit harsh on Jacko He made nearly 20 more tackles than our next highest tackler and played all but 6 minutes. He is probably the only player we have that can make the tackles and play the minutes Tolman used to in the middle.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You’re being a bit harsh on Jacko He made nearly 20 more tackles than our next highest tackler and played all but 6 minutes. He is probably the only player we have that can make the tackles and play the minutes Tolman used to in the middle.
Yes you're right there. Valid point. As I said, I hate bagging the guy.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes you're right there. Valid point. As I said, I hate bagging the guy.
It’s not about being right or wrong per se, more about showing all the all factors that lead to the outcome.
Our excessive tiredness due to lack of possession was a big factor also. Caused by our poor handling and the work cuntmins the worlds shittest most diabolical referee since the advent of adjudication.