How many years can Des Hasler survive as our coach without winning a title?

How long?

• End of 2014

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • End of 2015

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • End of 2016

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • End of 2017

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • As long as he wants

Votes: 59 59.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm not saying I want him sacked. Just wondering how long each poster thinks he should be given.

He made the GF in his first year but we've been going backwards since. Kevin Moore nearly made the GF in his first year and we know how that turned out.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When does making the top 8 every year just not enough anymore?

To answer your question though... I'd say the position is Hasler's for as long as he wants it and continues to make the top 8.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'd keep him as long as we can tbh

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bit early for this stuff yet, I thought moore was hard done by!! But I think hasler is here to stay for a while, and I want him to stay too!!!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If he hasn't won a title in his first 5 years with us then he shouldn't remain coach.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bit early for this stuff yet, I thought moore was hard done by!!
You can't be serious!? Hasler cops shit and his teams haven't missed the finals since bloody 400 BC, while Moore on the other hand led his teams to 2 non top 8 appearances before he was finally sacked.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd say if he doesn't win a premiership or build us to a consistent force across all grades then his contract may not be renewed, but I doubt he would ever be shown the door.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You can't be serious!? Hasler cops shit and his teams haven't missed the finals since bloody 400 BC, while Moore on the other hand led his teams to 2 non top 8 appearances before he was finally sacked.
Actually only once. He left before 2011 finished.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
When does making the top 8 every year just not enough anymore?

To answer your question though... I'd say the position is Hasler's for as long as he wants it and continues to make the top 8.
Just making the 8 should never be enough for our club. It's titles or bust. Peter Moore would never have accepted the mediocrity our fans have accepted.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stupid thread. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but threads like this confirm my view that this forum has gone to shit!

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why did u only quote half my post?? I want des hasler here as I stated in my post

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
OP, given Des is recognised as the best coach in the game, what would you propose the club do to improve on that?

If we don't happen to win a premiership between now and whenever his contract is up, I imagine the club would, and should want to extend his stay anyway.

2012 - 1st place season finish, lost in the GF
2013 - 6th place finish, lost in the first round finals
2014 - 5th with 5 rounds to go

He is the guy making the real calls, we all debate different things here every week, and that is great as a fan, but to be honest if Des was taking tips from here, he'd have to fire at least one player a week to keep everyone happy....... I think the fact we dropped from 2nd to 5th over the last few weeks, and you made this thread shows how high expectations are, so we must have a great coach :p

Stupid thread. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but threads like this confirm my view that this forum has gone to shit!
It has been a especially painful weekend for threads on here, yes, lol

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As long as he is alive!!...I accidently pressed 2017

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
OP, given Des is recognised as the best coach in the game, what would you propose the club do to improve on that?

If we don't happen to win a premiership between now and whenever his contract is up, I imagine the club would, and should want to extend his stay anyway.

2012 - 1st place season finish, lost in the GF
2013 - 6th place finish, lost in the first round finals
2014 - 5th with 5 rounds to go

He is the guy making the real calls, we all debate different things here every week, and that is great as a fan, but to be honest if Des was taking tips from here, he'd have to fire at least one player a week to keep everyone happy....... I think the fact we dropped from 2nd to 5th over the last few weeks, and you made this thread shows how high expectations are, so we must have a great coach :p

It has been a especially painful weekend for threads on here, yes, lol
Bellamy is a way better club coach than Hasler. Bennett is considered the best ever but he has turned the Knights into wooden spoon contenders. Doesn't matter how good someone is, if they can't get the job done then they need to move on. I'm not saying Hasler needs to move now, I still say he deserves another 2 years after this year to win a title.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why did u only quote half my post?? I want des hasler here as I stated in my post
Because I agree with your other half. :p

The whole Moore thing caught me by surprise so much I had to respond to it. lol

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haven't been on here for a few days. I bet many brilliant threads were started after Friday night.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As long as we keep making the 8 each year and the 4 at least every second year

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just making the 8 should never be enough for our club. It's titles or bust. Peter Moore would never have accepted the mediocrity our fans have accepted.
Peter Moore was CEO between 1970 and 1995 from memory. The first title while he was there was 1980, based on this logic should we have got rid of him too.

Des is the best coach around at the moment, whilst I haven't agreed with everything he has done he has generally taken us in the right direction. And as someone else said there has to be someone else better to take his place. I'll consider whether he should remain on a year out from the expiry of his contract.

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The little grub traitor cruelled our chances in '13
Storm were too good in '12
Don't know what more Des can do - players have really got to look at themselves. Still weak down the right flank against Panthers despite the Tigers drubbing.
We won't miss the finals. We're too proud a club to let that happen. Let the Murdoch gutter press talk up the supposed division within our club. Rothfield is a bitter old man, Kent is just a k*nt, they're in it to serve the boss. And that means talking up NewsCorp franchises Broncos and (till recently) Storm at the expense of everyone else. I don't care what anyone says. They might hate us but, guess what, we hate them more!

Status
Not open for further replies.