How many wins will we have by round 10?

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After watching us play like that, how is everyone still so negative?? we got dudded by some ref calls, hynes even said at the end, the dogs are looking a real strong side this year. Listen I dont know how many we win but play as we did today and we ll have a good crack at them all

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we are 2-8 this year Cam needs to go. He is getting the team he wants and this Moneyball idea is bullshit

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't that what Gus is getting paid for, i would have at the least kept Paul Vaughan and got Leniu. Gus is a joke. Paying top dollar for wingers, centres as well as 14s. Mate even Panthers bench fowards Lindsay Smith. Sharks have plenty so do Roosters. Penrith got rid of Gus because he couldn't get first grade right.
Our last best spending spree was with Greenburg. Good fowards we would die to have now.
I agree Gus has to find at least 2 alpha props urgently …surely we can pinch that number 19 from the sharks who came off their bench…he is a monster

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After watching us play like that, how is everyone still so negative?? we got dudded by some ref calls, hynes even said at the end, the dogs are looking a real strong side this year. Listen I dont know how many we win but play as we did today and we ll have a good crack at them all
Agree we were much better for a lot of the game on Friday. The game goes for 80 minutes and we will always get the rough end of the 50-50 calls until we can step up and take that out of the equation.

I think we are definitely showing a resolve in defence. Which is a big attitude improvement from last season. Technique of shutting down the ball is still our main issue in defence. The offloads are killing us. 90% of Try’s against us in the first two games are on the back of offloads and second phase play.

Unfortunately our lack of size is a big contributor to this being dominated with and without the ball through the middle.

This being backed up with zero creativity with the play makers. Will see us similar to last year as far as the table goes. Hopefully with a better for & against and the signs of improvement

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I honestly reckon the first 10 rounds will be brutal for us, I’m predicting 3 wins or so if that. The opening stretch of our season is horrible and the team just isn’t there yet to be able to cause upsets.
I do reckon the 2nd half of our season will really ignite though and as combinations improve we’ll catch a lot of teams off guard and win our fair share. Ultimately a finish at 9th or 10th.

The real challenge for ciraldo will be which players he sticks solid with despite the losses piling up early in the season and who he needs to swap out for the teams ultimate benefit.

Grimace

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we are as you say we are with 1 win. Then scratch off this year and get ready for sackings. The only person atm who is safe is Gus. I’m a massive Gus fan but the guy should concentrate on juniors and building the lower grades as no one in the industry competes with him in that aspect. The rest he is failing at dramatically…. We have shown 0 improvement in crucial positions since he has been here
You are drunk or watch something else if you can not see our defence is heaps better than last year you have no idea!

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Max of two wins there won’t include the bye. Probably start favs against Titans/Tigers but I wouldn’t be overly confident on the Titans one.

I’d be shocked if we win any of the other one, we may fluke one but it would be a surprise

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem is it isn’t as if the Sharks are good then and Souths can quinella the biggest pretenders in the comp.

End of the day I hate repeating it, but your spine win football games, our spine is the worst in the comp and it’s not even close, least the Tigers have an elite fullback. Who has a worse spine?

We have spent how much on a bunch of C to D grade “utilities” all of which are no14’s how many do you need? We have a million dollar 5/8 who is a centre leading our attack.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are drunk or watch something else if you can not see our defence is heaps better than last year you have no idea!
We have leaked more points in 2 games than any other side? And people are praising effort in defence for 30-50min of the game. Wow i guess these days a lot of fans are happy to watch a first grade side put effort into defence hahahaha

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will beat the Titans this weekend. What we need to do is make sure we beat them well from start to finish with no letting up. Like what Dragons did to them in Round 1 or what happened to Dragons last night. A streaky win with a late try from their mistakes won't achieve anything heading into Good Friday and the challenges after that.

I think Souths are there for the taking. Massive internal issues still unresolved. The players run the show. The coach is a more of a puppet to Mitchell than what the Aussie Cricket coach is to Cummins. The difference is that Cummins delivers results as captain and player. Cummins also works hard on the training paddock. As long as we are prepared to grind and frustrate Souths we can beat them. Allow the game to open up will suit Mitchell and Walker.

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
End of the day I hate repeating it, but your spine win football games, our spine is the worst in the comp and it’s not even close, least the Tigers have an elite fullback. Who has a worse spine?
You are speaking a lot of sense.

Throw in one of the weakest middle forward rotation and couple that with referee bias and getting the shit end of every 50/50 call and I don’t even know why we bother.

Is it even a rebuilding phase anymore if you’ve been uncompetitive for a decade?

Dunno what the f-#k we’re supposed to have been building?

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We will beat the Titans this weekend. What we need to do is make sure we beat them well from start to finish with no letting up. Like what Dragons did to them in Round 1 or what happened to Dragons last night. A streaky win with a late try from their mistakes won't achieve anything heading into Good Friday and the challenges after that.

I think Souths are there for the taking. Massive internal issues still unresolved. The players run the show. The coach is a more of a puppet to Mitchell than what the Aussie Cricket coach is to Cummins. The difference is that Cummins delivers results as captain and player. Cummins also works hard on the training paddock. As long as we are prepared to grind and frustrate Souths we can beat them. Allow the game to open up will suit Mitchell and Walker.
Hate to burst your bubble but Souths and the Titans have two of the strongest forward packs in the comp and they’re gonna run right through us.

We’re basically just signing Souths shit players they don’t want (Taffe, Knight, Fifita) so how you think we’re gonna beat them?

Prepare to be disappointed

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You are speaking a lot of sense.

Throw in one of the weakest middle forward rotation and couple that with referee bias and getting the shit end of every 50/50 call and I don’t even know why we bother.

Is it even a rebuilding phase anymore if you’ve been uncompetitive for a decade?

Dunno what the f-#k we’re supposed to have been building?
Yet we still blame Des after 12 years when he was first given apparent permission to start dismantling the pathways system.

God the club has been so mismanaged over the years.