How many mobile phones have you owned?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
hahah yep. Cannot stand IOS. That said Samsung's OS shits me to tears too.
Touchwiz was an awful launcher and the OS used to be extremely bloated, however Samsung have improved lately. Their Onetouch UI is quick and looks good and OS package has improved out of sight.

One thing that annoys me about Samsung at the moment is their continued push for Bixby. Hate the fact there's a button by default just for Bixby. I know you can now finally change the button to do other things, but you still need to make a Samsung account first before you can do that.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Touchwiz was an awful launcher and the OS used to be extremely bloated, however Samsung have improved lately. Their Onetouch UI is quick and looks good and OS package has improved out of sight.

One thing that annoys me about Samsung at the moment is their continued push for Bixby. Hate the fact there's a button by default just for Bixby. I know you can now finally change the button to do other things, but you still need to make a Samsung account first before you can do that.
Yeah I hate that - buttons for apps is annoying. They should only be for functionality of the phone. What does Bixby itself do though? I've never really researched it lol.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I hate that - buttons for apps is annoying. They should only be for functionality of the phone. What does Bixby itself do though? I've never really researched it lol.
Pretty sure it's Samsung's attempt at Siri and Google Now.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Only about four or five, I think......maybe six.....I can't really remember them all.....I'm still going on my 5s

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm still annoyed that HTC are no longer making phones. If I had to get another phone NOW I'd probably end up with an Oppo or Huawei.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm still annoyed that HTC are no longer making phones. If I had to get another phone NOW I'd probably end up with an Oppo or Huawei.
Might wanna stay away from the Chinese phones at the moment with all that's going on with the US blacklist on Huawei. Could end up in a situation where your device is obsolete day 1 of purchase.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Might wanna stay away from the Chinese phones at the moment with all that's going on with the US blacklist on Huawei. Could end up in a situation where your device is obsolete day 1 of purchase.
Yeah that's my concern. No intention of replacing it though (at the moment).

But every phone on the market is made in China these days (iPhones, Nokias, Samsungs included)

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Nokia 3210
Nokia 8110 (The Matrix banana phone - I found it at Liverpool Cinemas)
Sony Ericsson K750i (I really loved this phone)
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iPhone 4S
Samsung Galaxy 3
Samsung Note 3
Samsung Galaxy 5 (work supplied)
LG G6
Samsung Note 9

I swear I am missing some in there, but those are the ones I can positively remember. The Note 9 is a gem, and I only relly have it because the G6 turned into a steaming pile of poo. It would take me a lot to stray from Samsung at this point, they cost more but are just on another level.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nokia 3310
Nokia 8210
Nokia 8250
Nokia 5510
Nokia slider phone
Nokia N85
Samsung S1
Samsung S3

Then the following are work phones
Iphone 5
Iphone 7
Iphone 8

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id say about 20 or so, heaps of Nokias starting with the ones with ariels then a couple of the really small ones then I grabbed a Samsung the mettalic purplie coloured one, one of their first(great phone) after that an iPhone or two then a htc one m8 ,htc desire 820 lasted 2 weeks! sat on it on a roof so back to the m8 that I still use and very happy with

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same here I like my m8, liked my desire 820 even more, might buy a new old stock m8 going for $140