How long will this club stay at the bottom?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only one answer to this..... ITS ALREADY BEEN LONG ENOUGH!!!!

IRON AIDEN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
it will be longer once Our beloved club ,, swap Ogden for tim mannnah lmao

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dare say that if 50/50 calls hadgone our way in half the games we lost we'd be sitting in the middle of the ladder and people would be whinging about not being in the 8 still and the early floggings we copped. We have pushed for wins against some teams with star studded rosters and lost due to the man blowing the whistle IMO. And we've done it without the benefit of a level playing field. Our cap position has hampered us badly. There was no way to recruit stars so we opted to sign players and take a gamble that when our cap space was available that the youngsters would have improved a lot.

We will have a better roster as soon as the salary cap allows it. Until then we'll hopefully see a core group of youngsters we picked up cheaply stake claims to be long term Bulldogs. Meaney and Cogger aren't marquee signings but are performing as is CHN. JMK has been good also. Ogden is also making the most of the opportunity he's getting. Lewis has also showed that he's a keeper despite being a bit down on form. 5 players right there that should pay dividends when we get a few more key signings. We're building a core group the hard way.

In 2 years a lot of the players that aren't impressing won't be here. If we unearth another 3-5 good players next year and have money for a marquee or two for 2021 we've done well digging the club out of the hole the past administration left us in. Patience is not a buzz word here, but as fans we have to endure the lows. It will make the good times feel a hell of a lot more sweet. Our period of 20 or so years of being a powerhouse team has spoiled us and given us high expectations. We will get back there. But some patience is required while we rebuild the roster and get our junior development back to a higher level.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
don't worry the panthers will lose by more than our loss next week and then we will move up the ladder

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We are definitely stuffed this year and next year. The club has been open and honest that we can't go shopping properly until 2021 at least.

With the horrible state of our lower grade we just don't have any hope without money in the cap.

My biggest fear is that when we have money that we go out and spend too much on the wrong people which is highly likely as we have absolutely nothing that makes our club attractive apart from $$$. Our coach sucks, our players suck.

So I would not be surprised if we are shite for at least 5 more years. We need to build slowly and make players want to come to our club.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like a few here I have been watching Melbourne storm carve up.... this team is the epitome of league and every team bar roosters needs to take a leaf out of their book.

The point of the post is me questioning the admins and staff of this club we support.

How in the world have we not been able to find a decent fullback or a hooker or a half back without having to pay massive overs on a injury plagued foran.

Melbourne replace there halves with a Munster, a full back with jahrome Hughes a 7 in Brodie Croft, even there 14 Brandon smith is a weapon. All these players would be in next to nothing besides Munster now.

My point is how the fuck have a club like the bulldogs recruited players like meany, Cogger etc etc who are average at best. Meany could possibly come good but Brodie Croft is a fb that has carved up since his debut. I just want to know who does the retention and recruitment in our club because this rebuild looks to be more like a bandaid fix then a actual rebuild....

Okunbor runs over smith 2 times in a game and smart admin decide to wrap him up for another 2 years. Pay gets thrashed first 2 weeks of the comp and we extend his contract for another year. Like wtf am I missing here? Is this club self imploding?

On another point people will say that’s the point of a rebuild Bla bla bla but cmon critchon, meany, Cogger are not players you build a team around, jmk is a decent little player but he ain’t no Hooker, he has no kicking game and doesn’t take pressure off our halves like what a smith does.

I am probably talking crap because I’m so pissed off at watching this club fail and become a rubble.... we should be the Melbourne of the comp and we should be the team that no one wants to play. We need a complete flush out on players and 80% of staff.... if we are so called a rich and proud club then they need to do something to start getting results.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't know why you are upset? Dean Pay and his team are actually over-performing. This roster should be losing by 50 points every week. Instead they are managing to stay in the contest.
Cogger is the best half we have had in along time. Meaney looks good. Marshal king doing well. Give this spine at least a year and build a strong team around them. We really need to sign strike players.

Sue

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Currently the only players we have for a rebuild is Meaney, R.Smith, CHN, Ogden, Napa, Tolman & Jackson.

People have been critical of Tolman and Jackson but you do need old experienced heads in a rebuild.

Brandon Smith must be a target with the limited minutes he is receiving.

If true, that Curtis Scott is on the outer (i think its bullocks) we need to heist the trio of Smith, Scott and Welch.

From what I have seen from Pay, imo he is not suited to the stage the club is at, along with moving forward.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like a few here I have been watching Melbourne storm carve up.... this team is the epitome of league and every team bar roosters needs to take a leaf out of their book.

The point of the post is me questioning the admins and staff of this club we support.

How in the world have we not been able to find a decent fullback or a hooker or a half back without having to pay massive overs on a injury plagued foran.

Melbourne replace there halves with a Munster, a full back with jahrome Hughes a 7 in Brodie Croft, even there 14 Brandon smith is a weapon. All these players would be in next to nothing besides Munster now.

My point is how the fuck have a club like the bulldogs recruited players like meany, Cogger etc etc who are average at best. Meany could possibly come good but Brodie Croft is a fb that has carved up since his debut. I just want to know who does the retention and recruitment in our club because this rebuild looks to be more like a bandaid fix then a actual rebuild....

Okunbor runs over smith 2 times in a game and smart admin decide to wrap him up for another 2 years. Pay gets thrashed first 2 weeks of the comp and we extend his contract for another year. Like wtf am I missing here? Is this club self imploding?

On another point people will say that’s the point of a rebuild Bla bla bla but cmon critchon, meany, Cogger are not players you build a team around, jmk is a decent little player but he ain’t no Hooker, he has no kicking game and doesn’t take pressure off our halves like what a smith does.

I am probably talking crap because I’m so pissed off at watching this club fail and become a rubble.... we should be the Melbourne of the comp and we should be the team that no one wants to play. We need a complete flush out on players and 80% of staff.... if we are so called a rich and proud club then they need to do something to start getting results.
It's a very disorganized team. No support players, clunky set plays , ball errors galore but they're improving according to Pay. He really should be coaching u10's with that attitude.
We need someone who's going to crack a shit every time a ball drops, every time there's a missed tackle, everytime the opposition scores not a footy mum who wipes down their jerseys and takes them to McDonald's

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are in deep shit and only the Leagues Club is making us a long term viable option. We have the worst roster in the competition by a mile and no real salary cap room to make vast improvements that are necessary. Then we have a coach and board that still have massive question marks over them if they are the people to get us out of this mess. There is no room for error with this rebuild and I fear what will happen if they waste 2-3 years blaming results on a rebuild and have nothing to show at the end of it.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After chris andersons last coaching effort at the roosters. Now hes in charge of our whole club.
We could be at the bottom for years to come.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are under the cap this year, why do we throw the cash left at Segeyaro.. sure hes not a saviour but a better Dummy Half than what we have..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are under the cap this year, why do we throw the cash left at Segeyaro.. sure hes not a saviour but a better Dummy Half than what we have..
He signed with Brisbane a couple of days ago.

brian79

New Pup
Reaction score
Pay has to go ,he had dropped Ogden and he got a last minute call up, dropped both our kickers and our half who has been trying his heart out.