How huge is our game against dragons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
so why Dragons are so dangerous this year when they were 11th on the ladder last year.

They havent introduced any strong players into their roster this year which would have made them such a formidable side , keeping in mind they have lost their try scoring machine in B moz as well.

At the beginning of the year you would have expected them to struggle more than last year.

What the fck has changed with this team?

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our next six weeks are:

Bye
Dragons
Panthers
Titans
Storm
Bye

If we can sort out injury niggles with th first bye and win the next four we will have gained momentum and more importantly, self belief.

Our biggest problem all season has been Hodkinson. That was fortuitously fixed by his call up to origin. The biggest problem we will have against the Dragons is when Hasler reinstates Hodkinson. When that happens we can put our heads between our legs and kiss our arse goodbye.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our next six weeks are:

Bye
Dragons
Panthers
Titans
Storm
Bye

If we can sort out injury niggles with th first bye and win the next four we will have gained momentum and more importantly, self belief.

Our biggest problem all season has been Hodkinson. That was fortuitously fixed by his call up to origin. The biggest problem we will have against the Dragons is when Hasler reinstates Hodkinson. When that happens we can put our heads between our legs and kiss our arse goodbye.

Yes, exactly.
After seeing Mbye slice through generally reak havoc in attack against Raiders, its a depressing picture you accurately paint.
Imagine how good Mbye could get at 7 with the rest of the season under his belt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hodkinson is our biggest problem but a very close second is the fact that out of 11 games this year we have been at full strength in 4 of them.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gold
ur too funny to be on here cbb at times u kill me with laughter
i really enjoy ur posts
so why Dragons are so dangerous this year when they were 11th on the ladder last year.

They havent introduced any strong players into their roster this year which would have made them such a formidable side , keeping in mind they have lost their try scoring machine in B moz as well.

At the beginning of the year you would have expected them to struggle more than last year.

we 'stole' their winger so they steal our game style..

they won't last at the top,
they're a myth just like their mascot

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hodkinson is our biggest problem but a very close second is the fact that out of 11 games this year we have been at full strength in 4 of them.
No team plays at full strength to be frank so that is no excuse.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No team plays at full strength to be frank so that is no excuse.
Yea but the only teams that have come close to our injury/suspension issues are Penrith and Manly and look how they are doing. Souths somewhat as well and they look shit as well. Teams that are effected by injury and suspension don't play as well as the teams that don't get effected. That's not an excuse by the way that is a FACT.

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Their defence has easily been the best in the comp so far this year which has won them matches because their attack is shit house even though all 4 of their spine have been playing near their best. Come later in the season when other teams get their attack to click more and more I think they will start to drop a fair few games because they simply won't be good enough

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Their defence has easily been the best in the comp so far this year which has won them matches because their attack is shit house even though all 4 of their spine have been playing near their best. Come later in the season when other teams get their attack to click more and more I think they will start to drop a fair few games because they simply won't be good enough
yeah i under stand that but why couldnt they do it last year with same players minus bmoz?

i guess it could be blamed on the halves being new to the team and took time to gel into the team.

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yeah i under stand that but why couldnt they do it last year with same players minus bmoz?

i guess it could be blamed on the halves being new to the team and took time to gel into the team.
Their attack is actually worse than last year. But credit to Mary, he has completely changed their attitude in defence which is why they are winning. Come the end of the year I can't see them doing much in the finals though

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Des plays Russian Roulette with his team selection, we will not win

If Des picks the best side on form which is Mbye/Reynolds in the halves and plays an "actual" centre, in the centre position (Lafai Injury) we are specials. All SOO players returning except Hodko. Hodko can stay in camp with Laurie preparing for Game 2.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah i under stand that but why couldnt they do it last year with same players minus bmoz?.
For the same reason we made the GF in 2012 with a similar line up to the 2011 team that couldn't make the 8...The change in coach

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm already praying i won't be back in hospital so I can go to the game, walking stick and all lol
Would truly be a sight to behold mate. Here's hoping all is well.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Would truly be a sight to behold mate. Here's hoping all is well.
If Des picks Hokko I won't go lol

OR

I'll go, invade the pitch, hit Hokko on his knee with a feather and end his career lol

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^

A feather we want to end his career not kill the guy

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He will get his break when he sees the light and acknowledges that mbye and Reynolds are the best halves combo for us moving forward. When is the last time we scored 40 pts with hodkinson there? When is the last time Reynolds played with so much enthusiasm. Let's face facts their is one major problem with this team and everyone in the league world excl this guy can see it.
Spot on Finchie...Welcome back to the Commentary team by the way bro...we all missed you...but that was another thread...lol..

Anyway, Des has a Plan A and no other plans to how the team plays at full strength, and barring injuries out of SOO1 we will be close to full strength against the Dragons. Then again we were against the Roosters - full strength in the forwards - a lot of good it did us in A and D. Hodko has been talked up all week leading into SOO1...even Joey Johns is buying into the crap that Hodko deserves his place after giving it to him just a week ago. The papers are full of how hes running the training sessions again and telling everyone what he expects of them...what a load of bullshit...he never says a f**king thing on the field, goes missing for long periods, plays out the back, has a shit kicking game and generally couldnt organise a r**t in a bro***l.

But no matter what happens in SOO1 Des will welcome back his SOO halfback straight into 1st grade, pushing Mbye to centre to cover for the injured Lafai where he can again be as ineffective as he has been playing there all year(although Rona at centre would be a much better option with Mbye maybe relegated to the bench again). So again we will revert to Graham playing first receiver and Hodko and Reynolds out the back, Reynolds forced back into crabbing crossfield instead of being able to take the line on as first receiver and Hodko having his kicks go 30 metres if they are not charged down.

If Hodko DOES play well on Wednesday night then is it time to question Des's tactics as to how he uses Hodko and Grub. The more I think about it, the more I feel Des with the teams backs against the wall, let Grub and Mybe run their own show against the Raiders, and despite our D being shithouse, we did look far more damaging with our halves playing direct.

In the after match interview Mybe commented that Des doesnt say much. All the same we are so structured the players generally play like robots. This is the result after 3 years of Des. The players are so conditioned to playing 1 style he doesnt have to say much. Everybody is saying the Dogs are a 1 trick pony. We showed against the Raiders what we can produce in attack when the halves play an up tempo style taking on the line, playing whats in front of them instead of out the back.

Lets hope Des watches closely the first 20 minutes against the Raiders and LETS us play that way the rest of the year. FINGERS CROSSED.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
First step will be we can hope Sharks rough them up a bit this weekend, so we will be much fresher than them, and more full strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.