News How Dogs great Ennis and a club sponsor could lure Bennett to Belmore

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as im aware, mick and wayne have been really tight since his debut and when he joined broncs. So who knows what they talk about many years later..

Im sure mick has a soft spot for the dogs, despite his criticism of the club (which i think is constructive).

I get a feeling sometimes that hes not on the same page as the fox boys, and girls. Not a bad thing, just not fitting in the way theyd want. Thats my take anyway. He still lives down in kareela, so travelling down to the ACT may be taking its toll. Again. Who knows..

When it comes to wayne, i dont personally like him for what hes done when leaving clubs. When it comes to his coaching, no one can doubt him obviously. He did state in the past that he likes the canterbury club and from memory he sent those players, stagg, hannant and ennis to the dogs because he believed its the best club to prosper.

If he was to coach us then retire, im all for it. Bring ennis along too, good footy brain.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you seriously suggesting the Mozzies are on $110k (ie; the NRL minimum)?

Go Dogs
Yep, Brett has been on minimum since he joined the Roosters, you know know since we showed him the door.
To be honest not 100% sure about JMoz.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn't Wayno just tell everyone to take a back seat, the media milk shit for drama?

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People are entitled to their opinions, but it really shits me when people read a news article with some rumoured bullshit, and then use it to criticise the Bulldogs board claiming their incompetence. Seriously, use your fucking head.
Again its a opinion but who ever runs this circus need to come out and say what the fucks going on and if pay is it resign the bloke for 3 years and give him a fair dinkum crack let him get the roster he wants. These 1 year deals aint assuring and wonder why no-one wants to sign with us. Simple stop the speculation sign pay to a 3 ye deal support him and move on or evry week it will be us linked to another coach until then

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep, Brett has been on minimum since he joined the Roosters, you know know since we showed him the door.
That's interesting, choosing $110k x 2 years = $220k over the ~$350k we offered him and JMox each for 1 year.
I know it gets repeated on here that BMoz signed for "the minimum" but I can't say as I have seen it confirmed elsewhere.

Go Dogs

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He hasn't been linked to the dogs "in recent dsys". Hes been linked to us various times over the years and it was b.s.. coz he's been pretty transient in recent times, he gets linked with every club journos think need a coach. Only yesterday he grumpily shot down a rumour regarding going to st George again, and said he's staying at south's. Hes pretty pissed he keeps getting linked to other clubs and thinks that was part of the reason Broncos let him go.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Again its a opinion but who ever runs this circus need to come out and say what the fucks going on and if pay is it resign the bloke for 3 years and give him a fair dinkum crack let him get the roster he wants. These 1 year deals aint assuring and wonder why no-one wants to sign with us. Simple stop the speculation sign pay to a 3 ye deal support him and move on or evry week it will be us linked to another coach until then
They are not obliged to tell us exactly what their plans are, and in any case they are going through a process, part of which is waiting to see how Pay performs this year. Naturally there will be speculation about who will coach us next year because we are not playing well. But if you think that Pay and the board are not discussing the clubs plans moving forward on a regular basis then your kidding yourself.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are not obliged to tell us exactly what their plans are, and in any case they are going through a process, part of which is waiting to see how Pay performs this year. Naturally there will be speculation about who will coach us next year because we are not playing well. But if you think that Pay and the board are not discussing the clubs plans moving forward on a regular basis then your kidding yourself.
No shit they be working hard behind the scenes in all aspects making plans i think the cap position left behind was worse then what we were told and tough for pay to walk into
By all means if they have the money now to build a roster to suit i say resign him give him the chance to coach a competitive roster cause what what he has done with our roster ober the years id like to see what he can do with a competitive one

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
our club and those in charge are running a shit show, alleged sponsors calling the shots wanting bennett and ennis, yet we dont have a major sponsor.
who actually has the say or the power who does the hiring and firing

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As always the silence is fucking deafening from the club

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
As always the silence is fucking deafening from the club
Man if they are working on fixing this lemon of a club then let them be quiet lol

But if they are sitting on their fucking hands then they can fuck off like the Old mob.

I can't answer exactly who is needed to clean up the joint but id love a group who actually loves the Dogs as much as we do.

Dog R Us

Waterboy
Reaction score
That's interesting, choosing $110k x 2 years = $220k over the ~$350k we offered him and JMox each for 1 year.
I know it gets repeated on here that BMoz signed for "the minimum" but I can't say as I have seen it confirmed elsewhere.

Go Dogs
Don't know where you got that we offered them 350k each on 1 year deals but its 100% false. So is this " the minimum" story

Josh agreed to join the Sharks without an offer on the table from us. Brett was told he wasn't wanted due to salary cap restrictions. He had no offers from any other clubs and got his manager to approach St George to finish his career with....but they never got back to him. He was headed to the UK before the Roosters got him to replace Blake Ferguson who moved to Parra for 500k per year x 3

Josh Morris signed at the Sharks for $450K per season and remained on the same coin when he transferred to the Roosters-not a cent more or less.

Brett Morris signed for 500k for 2 seasons at the Roosters. Not big money but he was 33, without a NRL offer & injury prone