How do you think changes to the cap in 18 months time will affect our team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
So heres some food for thought.

People are suggesting that season 2014 and onwards, the salary cap will be around 6.5mil - 7mil

So the question is... Do you think our club will be offering barba around 800k? furthermore, where do you see the remainder going? depth, or quality to the initial 18?

It might seem a while from now, but starting in the off season on 6 weeks from now, signings for 2014 onwards will begin

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Think of the revenue that this man will generate , he is a human cach register , pay him accordingly but not overs . If the Tigers can keep Benji Marshall and Parra can keep Hindy and Cronulla can keep Gallen we MUST keep Ben Barba

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
Think of the revenue that this man will generate , he is a human cach register , pay him accordingly but not overs . If the Tigers can keep Benji Marshall and Parra can keep Hindy and Cronulla can keep Gallen we MUST keep Ben Barba
agreed

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the players will get paid more.

/Laurie Daley

J

J3WBOY

hopefully it will help teams like penrith and saints get a decent squad together

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Naturally enough our shining lights (eg Barba) and up and comers (eg Reynolds, Jackson, Finucane) will be looked after accordingly.

Our forwards look okay for now With Tony Williams coming next season, but I think we'll be looking for a new centres and wingers plus back ups for Keating and Reynolds.

There's nothing wrong with Josh Morris and Krisnan Inu but I do have doubts about how Tim Lafai and Steve Turner will recover from their season ending injuries. Plus Jono Wright is going tp the Narks.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if Barba will be the first million dollar player if he contiunes to play the way he plays

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score
I hope Ben Barba stays with the bulldogs, but that means more moneyy but he's worth it and the club can afford it...

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the 18 months alone will affect our team. I think there will be changes to the side regardless of any changes to the cap.

The increase in the cap will help the superstars of the game earn closer to what they deserve, but I think that the percentages of money paid to different levels of players per total salary cap will remain mostly unchanged. ie A top tier player may be 10% of the cap now and in the future but the dollar amount will increase with the increase of the cap.

HippDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Devout saint I'll be yet another one that agrees with your statement but I think a lot of people are forgetting that the salary cap rise doesn't mean every club can afford the rise clubs like Canterbury and Brisbane will be always financially stable but clubs like Panthers and Canberra will suffer. The salary cap isn't a grant from the NRL it's a cap so the rich clubs don't get richer and the poorer clubs get poorer meaning the closeness of the competition like its been that david gallop and co. worked so hard to achieve would be all in vain. Don't get me wrong I'm a bulldogs supporter and I'd love to see Ben barba at the club for life and throw the cheque book at him and be verging on the same money as the thurstons and inglis but what if they all sign with the bulldogs??? The Nrl would die

I had this rant on daily telegraph I'm not sure if this is the right sorta thread or the point but this re. The player managers wanting the cap to go to 7 mil

P

Paint.

Higher pay for young guns like Barba, Reynolds; more juniors retained eg Finucane, Jackson, Klemmer, Lafai,etc

indmand0707

Waterboy
Reaction score
Part of me says wants it to be like 10-15 yrs ago (thats how far I can remember!) when players stuck with their clubs and played for the jersey. The reality is though that if an employer wants someone bad enough and is willing to pay overs for him - its very difficult for that person to say no. Players like Barba, Morris, Kasiano and Reynolds will be in hot demand when their contracts expire. Hopefully we can keep them all - the reality is though, other clubs will be making some serious offers for them

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Devout saint I'll be yet another one that agrees with your statement but I think a lot of people are forgetting that the salary cap rise doesn't mean every club can afford the rise clubs like Canterbury and Brisbane will be always financially stable but clubs like Panthers and Canberra will suffer. The salary cap isn't a grant from the NRL it's a cap so the rich clubs don't get richer and the poorer clubs get poorer meaning the closeness of the competition like its been that david gallop and co. worked so hard to achieve would be all in vain. Don't get me wrong I'm a bulldogs supporter and I'd love to see Ben barba at the club for life and throw the cheque book at him and be verging on the same money as the thurstons and inglis but what if they all sign with the bulldogs??? The Nrl would die

I had this rant on daily telegraph I'm not sure if this is the right sorta thread or the point but this re. The player managers wanting the cap to go to 7 mil
I might be wrong HippDogg but I think at the moment all NRL clubs get a grant at least equal to the salary cap. I'm pretty sure the proposal for the next few years is for the grant to be greater than the cap. This will mean that all clubs are on an equal footing in terms of paying players.

The advantage that clubs like us and Brisbane have is facilities, coaching staff, etc.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeh im pretty sure that the NRL will be supplying the dough for most of the cap....if not all of it.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will David Stagg make a comeback in 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.