How do you prefer watching your Footy and why?

How do you prefer watching your Footy?

• T.V

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Stadium

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let us know what stadium you guys prefer. What channel you guys watching. Commentators you prefer etc.

N

Natboy

Good topic Izy. I'm a little sick about talking about the rabbits game.

I like Remondump stadium because I can walk there, sneak drinks in (only cause I refuse to drink VB) and it's so close to the action.
It sucks dogs don't play there much anymore.

Fox sports 1 HD all the way for me and I like Vossy, Sterlo & Joey as commentators. Most others are terrible

Last edited by a moderator:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If only we could play at Belmore Sports ground again......I loved sitting in the area fondly known as the Leb shed down the Canterbury Rd end. I much prefer to watch the game live at the ground for the atmosphere and the great people who also share my love of the Bulldogs.
I am truly looking forward to our two BSG games this year and have seats right beside the Dogs player enclosure nice and close to the sideline, co incidentally where I normally sit for our NSW Cup games.

Playing currently out of ANZ that would have to be my pick of current stadiums through default.

If I have no choice I watch the Channel 9 game, mostly muted or the Fox channel. Andrew Voss is a good balanced commentator and his calling of the games far superior to any of the others.
Radio, I can take it or leave it

N

Natboy

If only we could play at Belmore Sports ground again......
I am truly looking forward to our two BSG games this year and have seats right beside the Dogs player enclosure nice and close to the sideline, co incidentally where I normally sit for our NSW Cup games.
Me too but you've got smaller legs than me! haha. Those seats are like kindergarten chairs haha

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
being in qld and having the broncos shoved down my throat every friday night, i dont have much choice in how i prefer to watch footy on a friday night.

but i will tell you that each friday night the bulldogs play that i watch the live link on the computer instead of the broncos

i actually like the stadium at the coast for watching footy live over suncorp

Last edited by a moderator:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Vossy as commentator, rabbits 10 years ago but terrible these days.

Suncorp stadium hands down.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
best way to watch is at a ''packed'' stadium which is rare ... or on foxsports HD...hate channel 9!
and atmosphere doesnt compare to say football in Europe which is the best thing ive experienced... Foxsports for mine

LCD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1) Another QLDer here who doesn't really get much choice. 9 times out of 10 when the uncos are on Friday night up here I listen to the live call on the radio just like when I was a young'n. Suncorp is easily the best stadium to watch at though
2) FOXSPORTS 1HD
3) Really not a fan of anyone commentating these days most are ok across all media with the exception of the entire channel nein team, the blokes on 9 need a career change or to retire pronto.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
For me it's a tricky one.

I don't take public transport anywhere, so I drive all over the place.

ANZ is about 40 minutes drive (each direction), and Parra Stadium is only slightly less. With the price of games and food and parking, it makes it an expensive day out.

As such normally I watch at home either in front of PC with one monitor streaming from our new Panasonic Multiroom BRPVR Streamer and the other on the forums, or in front of our big screen.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
SFS in the day the whole theatre train trip in starring out window looking at how things have changed over the years than the pub crawl from central station mingling with fellow dogs fans often just a nod and smile than walking through gates when packed seeing the sea of blue and white and looking where kennel are seated def my fav ground commentators I like Warren Smith and I don't mind Brandy either I don't mind Parra stadium either ESP with leagues club right there even though pretty shit club

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
bluetongue & suncorp, fox, vossy & sterlo. the rest can shove a pineapple up their anus.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love watching the Bulldogs play on my nice cosy lounge on a Saturday night. Hasn't happened once yet this year. lol

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Vossy and a 6o inch tv with the kids in bed

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I suffer badly from travel anxiety/panic attacks, as well as don't handle large crowds in enclosed spaces too well either (I get really edgy).
Been there, did CBT to beat it. No more panic attacks, but don't travel PT much and kinda need to build myself up for it when I know I'm going to.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I hate watching the Dogs play at Homebush. The players are too far and I end up spending half the time looking at the big screen. I prefer watching at home and my fav commentator is Warren Smith.

What The Bark?

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm so absorbed in the contest when the Bulldogs play. If they win, I always watch the replay two or three times! With regards to the commentators, I like Rabbits; his voice is synonymous with Rugby League. The majority of the other commentators irk me. Friday night or Sunday afternoon matches are the go.

Status
Not open for further replies.