How did Lewis & Ogden go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How many proud and happy posters here were having a go at the team who lost 2 weeks ago?
Are you serious? Two weeks ago we were absolutely embarrassing! Fair cop!

Last night we played very well albeit against a weakened Knights that lost the hottest player in the game at 15th min mark

I don’t have a problem with fans here calling a spade a spade, not everyone has the blinkers on champ

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People are REALLY over hyping Lewis' performance last night lol. He was great defensively but honestly done little with the ball in hand and had limited touches. All our attack was on the opposite side and our left edge was hardly involved.
Yes they are, and it’s far too early to predict his future. But sometimes sxc boy instead of hammering kennelers for their comments on face value you have to understand where kennelers are coming from. You’re not always going to get a Ponga type player or a Barba type player that lights up the field from the get go with great natural ability. That’s very rare! But what people are seeing with Lewis is his maturity at such a young age, he’s got brains “quick between the ears”, confident player that doesn’t do stupid things on the field like Josh Reynolds or Frawley for that matter. Lewis reads the game well and is not just a flash in the pan type player. He looks promising and the more he plays first grade the better he’ll be. Definitely needs to be one of our halves for next year. He’s even better at centre IMO.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Last night we played very well albeit against a weakened Knights that lost the hottest player in the game at 15th min mark

I don’t have a problem with fans here calling a spade a spade, not everyone has the blinkers on champ
Nah, not blinkers mate. It’s called Relief, it’s called being happy, and why not. Even if we’re dreaming, then let us dream!

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NSW have got a cracking side now that all the dickheads are out(woods,Hayne,Pearce,Fifita etc)
I think you’ll have the wood on us for the next couple of years but one thing is for sure soo is going to be a lot closer than it has been in recent years
Wasn’t much between them this year especially the 2nd game, will be interesting to see who is halfback next year, but one thing for sure there won’t be a dynasty again

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes they are, and it’s far too early to predict his future. But sometimes sxc boy instead of hammering kennelers for their comments on face value you have to understand where kennelers are coming from. You’re not always going to get a Ponga type player or a Barba type player that lights up the field from the get go with great natural ability. That’s very rare! But what people are seeing with Lewis is his maturity at such a young age, he’s got brains “quick between the ears”, confident player that doesn’t do stupid things on the field like Josh Reynolds or Frawley for that matter. Lewis reads the game well and is not just a flash in the pan type player. He looks promising and the more he plays first grade the better he’ll be. Definitely needs to be one of our halves for next year. He’s even better at centre IMO.
I'm not knocking Lewis and said i wanted him in the halves during pre season so i have absolutely no issue with him. I'm knocking the people that are over hyping him and putting unrealistic expectations on him based on things that just didn't happen.

This type of thing happens all the time on here. Players get pumped up and then shitted on as soon as they have a bad game or two and fail to live upto the expectations people have set so high. Some people on here were even calling for us to NOT SIGN a half after Frawley made his debut for us because they thought he was so good.

Overall our win last night was off the back of our forward dominance. Pay actually had an acceptable plan for once and we targeted the Knights weak pack through the middle. We created momentum, drew in numbers, and broke up their defensive line and that then gave us the time and space to attack their shitty edge defence and run in some points.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not knocking Lewis and said i wanted him in the halves during pre season so i have absolutely no issue with him. I'm knocking the people that are over hyping him and putting unrealistic expectations on him based on things that just didn't happen.

This type of thing happens all the time on here. Players get pumped up and then shitted on as soon as they have a bad game or two and fail to live upto the expectations people have set so high. Some people on here were even calling for us to NOT SIGN a half after Frawley made his debut for us because they thought he was so good.

Overall our win last night was off the back of our forward dominance. Pay actually had an acceptable plan for once and we targeted the Knights weak pack through the middle. We created momentum, drew in numbers, and broke up their defensive line and that then gave us the time and space to attack their shitty edge defence and run in some points.
I must have been watching a different game to others on here but I thought JMK had his best game at the Dogs. He continually fed the right hand side quality early ball and it paid dividends. I didn’t see much from Lewis in an attacking sense he showed a willingness to run the ball which is great.
Let’s not forget we weren’t on top until after the Griffin and Ponga injuries. We should definitely temper our expectations as we play what should be an angry Raiders team that only lose Papalii for Origin 3.
Pay finally let Klemmer off the leash and started him just as people like you called for. Apart from the one try when he was defending too wide he was immense. If he’s not gassed we should be playing Klemmer 65+ mins every week just like how Fifita is used at the Sharks

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I must have been watching a different game to others on here but I thought JMK had his best game at the Dogs. He continually fed the right hand side quality early ball and it paid dividends. I didn’t see much from Lewis in an attacking sense he showed a willingness to run the ball which is great.
Let’s not forget we weren’t on top until after the Griffin and Ponga injuries. We should definitely temper our expectations as we play what should be an angry Raiders team that only lose Papalii for Origin 3.
Pay finally let Klemmer off the leash and started him just as people like you called for. Apart from the one try when he was defending too wide he was immense. If he’s not gassed we should be playing Klemmer 65+ mins every week just like how Fifita is used at the Sharks
JMK absolutely shits me to death but his link up play was good and lead to us scoring some points.

Klemmer had his best game in years imo. Instead of focusing on just pumping out metres, he was actually focusing on winning the ruck and building momentum. He was looking to push away from defenders, run towards gaps, promote the ball, offload, etc. These are the types of things he needs to do to be considered the best prop in the game.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK absolutely shits me to death but his link up play was good and lead to us scoring some points.

Klemmer had his best game in years imo. Instead of focusing on just pumping out metres, he was actually focusing on winning the ruck and building momentum. He was looking to push away from defenders, run towards gaps, promote the ball, offload, etc. These are the types of things he needs to do to be considered the best prop in the game.
JMK also helped Jackson play his best game of the year. We also look like there is a plan in attack and defence. I can’t remember the last time we won a second half let alone to nil?
If we are to win more games we need our best and senior players to step up and both Klemmer and Jackson did that last night

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
JMK also helped Jackson play his best game of the year. We also look like there is a plan in attack and defence. I can’t remember the last time we won a second half let alone to nil?
If we are to win more games we need our best and senior players to step up and both Klemmer and Jackson did that last night
Yh it's been a long time since we scored that many points and held a team scoreless in a half. Knights pack is very weak so we need to see what we can do against the better packs before getting excited, the Titans pack absolutely destroyed us only 2 weeks ago lol.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

What I'm saying is that too many people criticise when we lose and kiss ass when we win.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yh it's been a long time since we scored that many points and held a team scoreless in a half. Knights pack is very weak so we need to see what we can do against the better packs before getting excited, the Titans pack absolutely destroyed us only 2 weeks ago lol.
Well let’s see how we handle the Raiders big boys. Also our right edge will get a massive test defensively going against Leilua. I haven’t been his biggest fan but Tolman will be key moving forwards as he makes a lot of key tackles and he even made some post-contact metres yesterday

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Well let’s see how we handle the Raiders big boys. Also our right edge will get a massive test defensively going against Leilua. I haven’t been his biggest fan but Tolman will be key moving forwards as he makes a lot of key tackles and he even made some post-contact metres yesterday
BJ plays on their right - our left. Croker/Cotric have our right side to play against

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How many proud and happy posters here were having a go at the team who lost 2 weeks ago?
2 weeks ago they deserved it. They were pathetic.

They redeemed themselves for that sad performance.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BJ plays on their right - our left. Croker/Cotric have our right side to play against
Croker and cotric will score 4 tries between them kicking it in behing my mate stuck in the mud montoya.n co

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Croker and cotric will score 4 tries between them kicking it in behing my mate stuck in the mud montoya.n co
Conversely, if they don't then I guess we will all have to change our opinions on Montoya and get in behind him......

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just hope that when Lewis has a bad game that he doesn't get slaughtered because we need to really protect him and keep his confidence high in order for him to proper progress.
I'd love to think so, but some people on TK can be very unforgiving

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tolman just isn't the modern day forward, if he was a little more explosive it would improve his game massively. He just lacks the size and strength of a big forward while also lacking the speed and mobility of a small forward. Hopefully the club focuses on this next pre season with him

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman just isn't the modern day forward, if he was a little more explosive it would improve his game massively. He just lacks the size and strength of a big forward while also lacking the speed and mobility of a small forward. Hopefully the club focuses on this next pre season with him
Let’s see how he matches up with the Raiders big boys. I think he might surprise you as he goes ok in the back half of games while their guys wilt. When you get a chance check out how they lose the forward battle in second halves.
In Tolman we trust :p
No really he was ok this weekend and didn’t ruin any plays inside the opposition 20 that I can remember

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Let’s see how he matches up with the Raiders big boys. I think he might surprise you as he goes ok in the back half of games while their guys wilt. When you get a chance check out how they lose the forward battle in second halves.
In Tolman we trust :p
No really he was ok this weekend and didn’t ruin any plays inside the opposition 20 that I can remember
The Raiders are a little like the Knights where the footy required to beat them isn't that complicated and you really don't need to pull off great attacking plays.

As you said the Raiders boys wilt towards the backend of halves, they also wilt badly off the back of no possession and suffer mental fatigue. Raiders are simply all about momentum footy, there's nothing complicated in there setup plays and they're all about just powering through the opposition and then having the likes of Hodgson, Leilua, Rapana, etc pull off some nice plays.

We simply need to maintain possession and prevent the Raiders from having back to back sets, nothing complicated in attack is required other than looking for some safe offloads when available. Our forwards also need to aim up big time defensively to begin the game with some fast line speed while our backs need to take a few extra carries to help of forwards conserve energy for defence.

Anyway it's not as simple as just that lol, bur the Raiders are definitely beatable with oir current team just like i thought the Knigts were. Klemmer out does make things harder though.

Status
Not open for further replies.