Opinion How deflating seriously?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can’t expect to start winning when we have a new team every year with wholesale changes. We come up against teams that have been together for a long time. No wonder we get carved up

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There’s always exceptions like 2009, but that was a rare event. Rare events happen but are always unlikely. Something that is unlikely to happen doesn’t mean it won’t happen. 9 times out of 10 unstable squads with different coaches every year just doesn’t work. Plus 2009 was nearly 15 years ago, game has changed a lot more than now. You need cohesion building.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They spent too much time on connection instead of training .

we look so far off the pace
That’s exactly it. we don’t look fit at all if yesterdays game is anything to go by. I have never seen kikau in sheer exhaustion like i did in yesterdays game I honestly feared for his health he looked like he was gonna pass out.

Pele should’ve come on sooner we needed a big fresh body in the middle in the back end of the first half, he got 10 mins back of the game so I actually don’t get it, it’s like we used a 3 man bench. King played the first 40 straight which killed his impact in taking hit ups

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Dogs no longer train on the fundamentals or fix glaring shortfalls. They just talk themselves up and waste time on what it means to be a Bulldogs player.
DNA this DNA that it’s probably why we’ve never landed Bennett even though he’s been available heaps of times.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know we didn’t have much ball but 11 runs is not good enough

RFM needs to become that play 1 guy for at least the next 6 weeks, he is not good enough to justify a second row spot when we are so short in the middle
Can’t agree with that he was our best player and continually bent the line.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know we didn’t have much ball but 11 runs is not good enough

RFM needs to become that play 1 guy for at least the next 6 weeks, he is not good enough to justify a second row spot when we are so short in the middle
Correction to my previous reply. Yes agree RFM was one of our best towards along with Reed and King and probably should move to the middle for a while until we get some of our props back from injury.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried all off-season to not get ahead of myself but boy I jumped on the hype train after that first trial against the undermanned raiders, still wasn’t convinced although I saw positives.

Then came the sharks trial and my god the start we had I thought we might actually have come out of this dark hole we been for 7-10 years. Then it all fell to pieces as I started seeing the same old habits and plays coming from the players and team.

Then my stupid deluded self managed to to talk to myself that it was only a trial and reading the kennel helped convince what I wanted to believe that yeah just a trial don’t buy to much into it, but deep down I knew I was kidding myself. Just to all the fellow participants and posters on this forum who was telling the other posters to calm down it’s just a trial after the sharks game. Um can you please explain this one without blaming we had no tpj and no Thomson. ?

Honestly I don’t know where we go from here.
Get youraelf some resilience.

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are last hey all the hype for nothing wont beat storm next werk to 0 and 2 already we so need a halfback or we are screwed for the year tevita pangai has more time off the field than on where stuffed already

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well on a positive note Jobels got some free marketing so we can enjoy their food & coffee.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can’t expect to start winning when we have a new team every year with wholesale changes. We come up against teams that have been together for a long time. No wonder we get carved up
Poor retention and recruitment is what is killing us, that’s on the club and decision makers. While we recruited well this season we are not going to improve if we don’t focus on what we need and where.

I will not buy into excuses from the club if there is no change that follows, been feed them for to long. Gus saying it’s going to take years to see results while likely true covers the club and that’s all.

The players need expectations set higher otherwise they aren’t going to push themselves, they have heard those comments too. The proof is in their performance.

There is a culture of mediocrity and no DNA or explayers will change that, they need to stop wasting time and focus on the basics because that’s what matters.

Cant compete if you don’t complete sets and show some organisational ability. I don’t get it and it’s doing my head, Potter did something right last year in a matter of weeks.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its looking like another spoon after that effort especially after todays games i cant see us beating anyone

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Its looking like another spoon after that effort especially after todays games i cant see us beating anyone
Ciraldo will continue to improve our defence, he has proven credentials to do that, but I'm not sure he can fix this attack.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ciraldo will continue to improve our defence, he has proven credentials to do that, but I'm not sure he can fix this attack.
Our attack is genuinely a disaster and it just looks like more of the same cookie cutter shit from Penrith. 5/8 parked out on the left edge, on the ball halfback playing towards the right and fullback that predominantly sweeps around the right edge with the odd visit to the left.

All our good ball went left and Burton did absolutely nothing with it despite having arguably the best attacking edge forward and best winger in the game outside him. He's positioned too far wide, doesn't play straight enough, plays one paced and can't nail a pass to save his life. That play teams run with the runner sweeping out the back....my god he can't hit that man to save his life. Ran it with Kikau early on in the game and threw it about a metre or two ahead of him, ran it with Hayze later in the game and threw it about a metre or two behind him. It was the same story last year too.

Flanagan then does a lot of nothing with the ball. He at least tries to play on the ball and constantly push up in support but he just doesn't ask any questions. Mahoney already looks like he lost faith in the halves during the Shark trial.