How Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs plan to be Australia’s No.1 sports club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
I think its a good idea.. being made accountable means they HAVE to perform and HAVE to act.

Otherwise sponsors, fans, and the media start asking "why haven't you done this, or reached this benchmark, etc etc". It's a smart idea and puts everyone ni the club on notice in the public eye.

Here's hoping we reach these goals, though a few are VERY ambitious.

I found Souths plan the other day too!

FAMILY CLUB
Our Club brings families and communities together...
+ 50,000 combined teeth between members by 2018.
+ More celebrity backing.
+ 80% unemployment rate amongst members by 2016.

THE BLUEPRINT
+ Deliver an innovative approach towards training on and off the field.
+ Add more wank factor to game day experience.
+ Add more speakers to ANZ to make it sound like our members cheer more.

THE TARGETS
Identified as a means of measuring our success.
+ Get another 2 strong Souths supporters in key positions at NRL HQ.
+ Get a minimum of 5 referees on the books before 2019.
+ Get gifted 2 grand final wins by 2019.
+ Cover up a minimum of 3 domestic violence incidents per year.
+ Develop a junior program and ensure correct practices are adhered to during domestic violence incidents.
+ $30 million gift from the NRL to go towards paying off victims of domestic violence.
Sounds about right haha

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What the club outlined is great but really should I expect anything less. Every single club in the NRL would be aiming for the same thing, if they're not they shouldn't be in the competition.

Since TG was at the club we feel the need to tell the media everything looking for a pat on the back. I'd rather the club just get on with doing things rather than telling the media about it.
That's because the media don't ever report anything good we do.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep in mind that in 2010, we were insanely proud of having just over 10,000 members.

The 30k figure is ambitious, but not out of line with the way that memberships are growing - not just at the Dogs but around the NRL.

It's easily forgotten (especially when "Buzz", Rebecca Wilson, Paul Kent and co go into full assassin mode) but the game is a hell of a lot more professionally run than it ever has been. Even five or six years ago was a drunkard-running-a-chook-raffle compared to what we have now.

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I hve no problem with the goals. The problem is making them public. You don't make these things public, KPI's should never be public knowledge. Why not release every players KPI's to the media while we are at it.
write a letter to raelene and tell her why we should never have made them public, while your at it write a letter to des telling him to release Sam and josh cause you know your shit!

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think only the Groncos would average more than $30k?
the broncos get big crowds based on playing every friday night, being so close to the city, by giving away hundreds of tickets to every game, by having friday nights sown up as the only sports event played in town, afl is on saturday nights and sundays

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I hve no problem with the goals. The problem is making them public. You don't make these things public, KPI's should never be public knowledge. Why not release every players KPI's to the media while we are at it.
They aren't KPI's, these are overarching goals under which are KPI's to measure how the club is on track to achieve these goals along with the strategies to achieve them. Releasing these goals is actually quite common, just never been done in the NRL before, besides the NRL strategic plan.

It gives everyone in the organisation to strive for and puts pressure on upper management to achieve them. If in 5 years time, we are no where achieving any of these goals, Castle and the board will have to explain to everyone what went wrong

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
the broncos get big crowds based on playing every friday night, being so close to the city, by giving away hundreds of tickets to every game, by having friday nights sown up as the only sports event played in town, afl is on saturday nights and sundays
This pretty much sums it up and you have no argument from me on this.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good on the club for outlining their goals.Over the years many have criticised the Dogs for not being pro active and transparent in their plans for the future direction of the club. Now we know exactly what plans are in place and it is up to them to ensure that they are carried out. Pretty gutsy by the club who are certainly laying it all on the line.If things don't fall into place they know they will be held accountable for it.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Having a 35k purpose built stadium at belmore should be another goal

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
write a letter to raelene and tell her why we should never have made them public, while your at it write a letter to des telling him to release Sam and josh cause you know your shit!
And also while he's at it he should also shove his reasons down there throats like he does with us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I went to SYDNEY fc last night and they had 17k on Valentine's day, I also realised how shit league crowds are compared to the a league

They need to inject some life into the atmosphere at the games to get people there.

Try something like a light show ( like the start of the nba)
Get a good mc to get the crowd hyped
Get more atmossphere in the kennel, more signs drums, instruments,

I think the crowds are to spread out at the games

There are two A league teams in Western Sydney. Their crowds have been solid without being great.

I'm not going to bother counter but there must be at least four times the number of A league teams in Sydney / NSW. Of course the A league should generate larger crowds on average - they only have two teams in the state.

LCD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is fantastic as far as I am concerned. Everyone is accountable, members and fans now know the yardstick by which the club will measure itself. If they can get the game day experience right I don't see 30,000 per match as a step to far. The bar has been set at the right level IMO, not impossible but very high..... if we even get close to those figures this club will have improved exponentially in short period of time. Can't wait for all those rival clubs to really start hating on us over the next few years for all the right reasons.... Carn the Dogs!!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If we do snag a premiership real soon, watch those membership numbers surge.

Sadly I'm no longer a member, as we had to cut back on a few things when moving.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
In the Dog House

I know Canterbury coach Des Hasler would have been filthy that the Dogs' statement of intent for the future, which included winning two premierships by 2019, was made public on the weekend.

There is nothing wrong with the club's plans to become the nation's top-ranked sporting club, but Des prefers to keep talk like that in-house and under the radar.

And God help the Bulldog employee who let it out of the bag that today is Dessie's 54th birthday. Years ago at Manly, Hasler refused to confirm or deny it was his birthday when asked by reporters!

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...umour-file---monday/4rjkv8z29j9612c452a5tfk9f

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
30,000k a game is very hard, not even our matches against the rabbits get that much
Yeah a 30,000 attendance is a big ask.

To achieve it I wonder if a total revamp (ie a new complex) of Belmore Sports Ground is on the club's agenda to allow us to play all home games there.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
[oQUOTE=Mr Invisible;2918512]If we do snag a premiership real soon, watch those membership numbers surge.

Sadly I'm no longer a member, as we had to cut back on a few things when moving.[/QUOTE]

Won't suprise me at all

Status
Not open for further replies.