News How Bulldogs NRL Star Josh Ado Carr Made Young Fan Cry Tears Of Joy

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A footy fan named Kenny has received the best birthday present of his young life after Bulldogs winger Josh Addo-Carr gifted him the jersey straight off his back in emotional scenes last Saturday.

Despite Canterbury losing a thriller to the Roosters by a single point, the fastest man in the NRL was only too happy to spend some time with a group of kids on the sideline after the game on the NSW central coast.

In a video posted to TikTok, Addo-Carr is seen posing for a photo with Kenny before asking a man who appears to be related to the youngster, 'Is it his birthday?'

When he's told that the big day is coming up that week, he doesn't hesitate for a second before starting to pull his top off while the other fans try to get his attention, including one who cheekily tells him, 'It's my birthday in 27 days!'

After getting some help from the man filming the video, the man known to footy fans as 'The Fox' then signs the jumper while Kenny starts to shed a tear.

When Addo-Carr pulls him over the fence for a photo seconds later, he can't contain his feelings and starts to cry before forcing a smile for the camera as his hero grins broadly and gives him a hug.

Viewers were touched by the footage, which made some of them as emotional as Kenny was.

'Awww man this made me tear up,' one wrote.

'I'm in tears!! Little man is so cute,' added another.

'Wowww... the way Ken reacted melted me,' said a third.

Another commenter wrote, 'This is my little cousin he loves Josh so much this moment meant the world to him.'

Addo-Carr is known as a great ambassador for footy thanks to his love of spending time with fans, like he did when he spent 20 minutes signing autographs in the CommBank Stadium car park after a game in May, despite wearing a protective boot with a serious ankle injury.

'He was hobbling across towards his car and he got absolutely mobbed, and he stayed there and took every photo, signed every autograph ... it was just great stuff,' radio host Ray Thomas said of the scenes.

'I just love giving back and putting smiles on faces. I think that's what it's all about,' Addo-Carr told Sportbible last month.

'You don't know who is going through a tough time at the moment. Someone could be going through a tough time that you meet and all they want isw a photo and a little chat.

'So to put a smile on their faces is what I've always thought about when meeting people.'

Addo-Carr scored two tries in the loss to the Roosters, continuing his strong form since coming back from the injury and forcing his way back into the NSW State of Origin team.4E3E24D1-5196-40C7-87B5-D1468FD6BB57.jpeg

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My favourite player.
Would Josh be able to fill that roll as Ben barba did in 2012 playing fullback?
I think he could create more at 1.
Worth a shot as Perham experiment is a massive fail.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A footy fan named Kenny has received the best birthday present of his young life after Bulldogs winger Josh Addo-Carr gifted him the jersey straight off his back in emotional scenes last Saturday.

Despite Canterbury losing a thriller to the Roosters by a single point, the fastest man in the NRL was only too happy to spend some time with a group of kids on the sideline after the game on the NSW central coast.

In a video posted to TikTok, Addo-Carr is seen posing for a photo with Kenny before asking a man who appears to be related to the youngster, 'Is it his birthday?'

When he's told that the big day is coming up that week, he doesn't hesitate for a second before starting to pull his top off while the other fans try to get his attention, including one who cheekily tells him, 'It's my birthday in 27 days!'

After getting some help from the man filming the video, the man known to footy fans as 'The Fox' then signs the jumper while Kenny starts to shed a tear.

When Addo-Carr pulls him over the fence for a photo seconds later, he can't contain his feelings and starts to cry before forcing a smile for the camera as his hero grins broadly and gives him a hug.

Viewers were touched by the footage, which made some of them as emotional as Kenny was.

'Awww man this made me tear up,' one wrote.

'I'm in tears!! Little man is so cute,' added another.

'Wowww... the way Ken reacted melted me,' said a third.

Another commenter wrote, 'This is my little cousin he loves Josh so much this moment meant the world to him.'

Addo-Carr is known as a great ambassador for footy thanks to his love of spending time with fans, like he did when he spent 20 minutes signing autographs in the CommBank Stadium car park after a game in May, despite wearing a protective boot with a serious ankle injury.

'He was hobbling across towards his car and he got absolutely mobbed, and he stayed there and took every photo, signed every autograph ... it was just great stuff,' radio host Ray Thomas said of the scenes.

'I just love giving back and putting smiles on faces. I think that's what it's all about,' Addo-Carr told Sportbible last month.

'You don't know who is going through a tough time at the moment. Someone could be going through a tough time that you meet and all they want isw a photo and a little chat.

'So to put a smile on their faces is what I've always thought about when meeting people.'

Addo-Carr scored two tries in the loss to the Roosters, continuing his strong form since coming back from the injury and forcing his way back into the NSW State of Origin team.View attachment 73529
That's what it's all about :hearteyes:

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My favourite player.
Would Josh be able to fill that roll as Ben barba did in 2012 playing fullback?
I think he could create more at 1.
Worth a shot as Perham experiment is a massive fail.
Nah I feel like he is better served on the edge with his speed. We never seem to make line breaks through the middle. When he gets early ball on the edge he is unstoppable. We are slowly starting to play to our strengths in this regard

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Glad that things like this are the headlines about our players rather than the articles about players being grubs on or off the field.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Glad that things like this are the headlines about our players rather than the articles about players being grubs on or off the field.
Yet the NRL continues to treat us like dogshit through the crap officiating we have to endure week in and week out.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every time I see a story like this about the fox I think about how great he’s been for our club since we got him. Positive headlines, great leadership to go along with being a supreme athlete and person in our team. We’re very lucky to have him

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’ve been following the Bulldogs since 2004 and he is in my top three players I’ve seen play. Other two would be Barba and SBW.

Fox is worth every dollar, brings tremendous amount of goodwill and I hope he plays the rest of his career here.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great story

Happens nearly every week with all teams.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's been a while since a Bulldogs fans tears have been joyful . . . Good onya Fox !! Surely JAC has a roll at the club, post footy, everybody loves him.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve been following the Bulldogs since 2004 and he is in my top three players I’ve seen play. Other two would be Barba and SBW.

Fox is worth every dollar, brings tremendous amount of goodwill and I hope he plays the rest of his career here.
Benny Barba definitely !!