Hoppa is a thorn in our side

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s completely mentally checked out. Gets driven back every single run despite being the most jacked guy in the team, everyone who plays wing outside him looks terrible cos he never gives them quality ball, and his defensive reads are just lazy and devoid of effort. Shoots up for the sake of it again making his winger look shit. He’s just got to be dropped if we’re serious about winning games. If it was anyone else in the team they would have been already. Allen has played outside him how many times, and this is the first time he’s given him a nice pass

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a real shame, as his tip on pass to Alan for that try was brilliant.

He lost interest in us when we told him we have no further interest in him beyond this year.

Sad, but true.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He’ll be there until the end of the year which is only a few games. If Barrett hasn’t dropped him by now it’s not gonna happen. Options are limited too, you’ve got Manu and Heleta, can’t think of anyone else who could come in.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's a real shame, as his tip on pass to Alan for that try was brilliant.

He lost interest in us when we told him we have no further interest in him beyond this year.

Sad, but true.
I think it is fair for him to go out playing first grade.he has been solid over the years for us.yea the game is too fast for him now and he has lost his speed.but let him go with some dignity.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is fair for him to go out playing first grade.he has been solid over the years for us.yea the game is too fast for him now and he has lost his speed.but let him go with some dignity.
I agree with you, I just know he is better than what he's been giving us this year.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sad really but so true, I remember him at manly on the wing before he started his Mormon stuff. He was such a great player, so dangerous.. but is past it.!!! Best days are behind him..!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sorry but sad to realise our club are happy to have him see out his time here like a broken down hack, in a team that should be fighting to stave off the wooden spoon and show some pride in giving their best efforts for all those players who came before them who did.

No one should be a passenger and resting their laurels on past performances for which they are very handsomely paid.

But I guess it's now come down to that.

We can't expect much from any other player either I suppose if that's the standard.

I think there's problems in this team from the coach down and these half hearted attitudes we are seeing need to be addressed.

Director of Football required to sort it asap.