Opinion Hoppa & Holland

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I must agree with this hollands defence has been awful the last 12 months but I agree he has improved his d alot
It's more so us defending more effectively as a unit imo. We're more disciplined and organised, CHN, Napa and Smith are no longer shooting out of the line like lunatics every couple of tackles while the rest of the team takes half a step off the line, middles are also doing their job better in the ruck and getting back into position...as a result we don't have all that space out on the edge we previously had and we aren't relying on our centres to pull off near perfect tackles. Lewis can also be relied upon to make more one on one tackles and that also helps ease the pressure at times.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Holland has improved in defence.

regressed in offence.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So would someone please buy Hoppa a pair of long stud boots? I swear he was wearing banana skins last night...

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Holland’s defence rate has increased thanks to Lewis.

If you watch closely, Holland one on one not effective as much. When Lewis is involved, pretty much 100%.

Making Holland’s stats look good.

Hoppa on the other hand. Always liked his defence, was never an issue for me

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many teams would holland make first grade for in the nrl?

He has been lucky we have been in a rebuilding phase for a few years and with no money to recruit anyone half decent.
Well look, Holland was on absolute fire at the back end last year.
He and reimis attacking combo was deadly.
Woud it really hurt at this stage of the year in reuniting him with reimis.
It is and has been one of the most strangest and dumbfounding decision pay has made as a coach leaving all supporters bar horse and co scratching their heads

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Quick little shout out to our 2 centres who don’t get a great deal of recognition, but have been very solid over the past month or so.

Oppositions have been throwing a fair bit of attack their way and had little to no joy. They’ve kept guys like Mitchell, Marsters, Roberts etc very quiet and it’s a credit to their hard work, and coaching from Pay and Antonelli.

Holland has tackled at 92% efficiency, Hopoate at 91% across the past 4 games.
I'm with u on hoppa, he's been one of our best even when we were going shit. Holland on the other hand...his defence has improved, but it's about the errors. Too many

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes. Defence and attitude wins football games. Holland didn’t miss a single tackle last night and made 25.
What's the point of defence when your a laughing stock lmao

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well look, Holland was on absolute fire at the back end last year.
He and reimis attacking combo was deadly.
Woud it really hurt at this stage of the year in reuniting him with reimis.
It is and has been one of the most strangest and dumbfounding decision pay has made as a coach leaving all supporters bar horse and co scratching their heads

If that’s what you call absolute fire then what did you call barba in 2012?
Or Hayne in 2009?

Get my drift?

absolute fire is an over exaggeration mate

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's more so us defending more effectively as a unit imo. We're more disciplined and organised, CHN, Napa and Smith are no longer shooting out of the line like lunatics every couple of tackles while the rest of the team takes half a step off the line, middles are also doing their job better in the ruck and getting back into position...as a result we don't have all that space out on the edge we previously had and we aren't relying on our centres to pull off near perfect tackles. Lewis can also be relied upon to make more one on one tackles and that also helps ease the pressure at times.
I couldn't watch the game last night, so I watched the replay today, and since I knew the score I watched the finer details better. The defensive effort across the team was fantastic! Not just because we kept them scoreless, but they were defending as a unit, putting numbers in the tackles and holding them down just long enough and peeling of slowly. It looked very professional. It's like we finally nailed it.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im a fan of Hoppa very consistent and versatile.. Holland does his best - but I doubt nRL clubs will line up for him if he hits the market..

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I smell Horse sh*t

Yeah i'd trade Latrell and Manu for Holland & Hoppa every day of the week

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread is literally in reference to the defensive efforts of our centres. How is this so difficult for you to comprehend?
How can you ignore the fact he offers fuck all in attack?? And his defence has only improved due to Lewis inside him. The bloke is the fucking pinnacle of average yet you want to blow smoke up his arse?? Fucking easily pleased aren’t ya

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Quick little shout out to our 2 centres who don’t get a great deal of recognition, but have been very solid over the past month or so.

Oppositions have been throwing a fair bit of attack their way and had little to no joy. They’ve kept guys like Mitchell, Marsters, Roberts etc very quiet and it’s a credit to their hard work, and coaching from Pay and Antonelli.

Holland has tackled at 92% efficiency, Hopoate at 91% across the past 4 games.
Defence was really good agreed. Would still like to buy Ramien I reckon we had more points in us on that left hand side outside Foran and CHN last night.

Cheers.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Holland was very good at shutting down James Roberts last night.
Roberts was starting to get flustered at being tackled by the same guy all the time.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I couldn't watch the game last night, so I watched the replay today, and since I knew the score I watched the finer details better. The defensive effort across the team was fantastic! Not just because we kept them scoreless, but they were defending as a unit, putting numbers in the tackles and holding them down just long enough and peeling of slowly. It looked very professional. It's like we finally nailed it.
Yh the defence has improved big time so I guess I'll give Pay credit there... really should've been a key focus much earlier on though and then built off that. Less chopping and changing between players, DWZ arrival and our general fitness improving as the season went on also could've contributed to the defensive improvement along with whatever changes they have made behind the scenes. One of the other articles had Hill mention we have brought in certain staff to help Pay and that could be another factor.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Holland’s defence rate has increased thanks to Lewis.

If you watch closely, Holland one on one not effective as much. When Lewis is involved, pretty much 100%.

Making Holland’s stats look good.

Hoppa on the other hand. Always liked his defence, was never an issue for me
No doubt Lewis helps but Holland has been defending very well in his own right. And upon review of the stats - he topped the 1on1 tackle count for the game.

Credit paid where credits due.