Hoops: Can we cut the fairytales, Cam? The Storm cheated and got caught. The End.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the true story right there, he signed 2 contracts one that was registered by the NRL, another that was kept secret, off sight and that's the one that he was paid under. The process is the player ands the club sign the contract then send it to the NRL, they then enforce it and send the signed copy back to the player and the club. In the book he says he was paid monthly, 1/12th of the contract value, so it wasn't hard for him to to work out that he was being paid more than his NRL registered contract.

They were ~$3.75m over the Cap, for 3 years, that's $1.25m per year, which was enough back then to pay for Cronk, Inglis and half of Hoffman. Take those 3 players out and I doubt anyone would say they would have won the comp.

Go Dogs
Not just that but they paid $60k in renovations on his house.
How does he suppose that happened? People just wanted to work on his house for free cause he's such a great guy?

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Honestly I get the hate and hate away, but if our club managed to secure 3 premierships cheating the cap I wouldn't give a flying fuck and would celebrate every one of them. Let's be honest half the other premierships from one other team are clouded and just never proven, Cronulla wouldn't of had their team together either without doing it either.

Smith has those rings and I doubt he's ever given one second of thought to them not being legit.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
'NRL did not follow its own rules': Ex-Storm directors in fresh appeal of cap penalty
By WWOS staff

Sydney Morning Herald, reports the former Storm officials are planning to lobby the NRL over the severity of the penalties amid legal advice that suggests the NRL did not abide by its own rules.

The Storm isn't denying they breached salary cap but believe the extent of the penalty was extreme compared to the far lighter consequences in later salary cap scandals involving the Eels and Sharks.

The Herald reports that Moodie was advised in 2018 that the NRL didn't follow their own protocols regarding breaches, which required it to hand out the allegations in a breach notice and give the Storm five days to provide written submissions.
Instead, the task of issuing the breach notice, charging the club and handing down a sanction was completed in "an afternoon's work", according to sports lawyer Darren Kane.

The news comes after Storm great Cameron Smith and former NRL CEO David Gallop traded shots over the salary cap scandal after the Storm skipper revealed his frustration with how the NRL handled the drama in his book The Storm Within.
"When people ask me who I'm most angry with for what happened they generally think I'll say (CEO) Brian Waldron but it's not... My anger is mainly directed at the NRL for the penalties they handed down and the way the whole matter was handled. And for that I blame David Gallop," he wrote.
"By punishing us before undertaking a thorough investigation Gallop put the players in a position they should never have been in. It allowed the media to give the public the idea we had knowledge of what happened. We were hung out to dry by the boss of the game."

In a News Corp column, Gallop denied the claims and said the allegations were "plain wrong", stating the Storm were under investigation for an extended period of time. Gallop also wrote in the column that "Moodie specifically asked for us to get it over and done with."

Their lies and subterfuge knows no bounds, we should never forget that CSmith signed a $400,000 contract that was lodged with the NRL however he had a the letter of offer for $950,000 plus a $20,000 gift voucher and a $30,000 boat. That's $1m in total with only $400k in the Salary Cap and $600k illegally outside of the Cap. How CSmith can possibly deny not knowing is unfathomable.

Go Dogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Who's going to buy this book in reality. Some die hard Qld supporters, a couple of hundred Melbourne storm supporters and maybe some people interested in rugby league in general.

Give it a few weeks and it'll be in the $5 bin at Big W.
"Give it a few weeks and it'll be in the $5 bin at Big W."

Yeah but who is going to buy it even then?

Expensive toilet paper.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Cam Smith is such a money hungry dog c***. Held the retirement shit close to his chest all year so he can put this shitty book out to ramp up sales.

From everything I have read about the book it really does sound shit. Twisting things to make himself look better and avoiding things entirely that would put him in a bad light (like the Cooper Cronk fallout). What a waste of money, I cannot believe anyone is buying that shit.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We were leading the comp by 8 points with a month to go in 2002 when we lost all our points for cap issues. We were certainties to win that year. Just because they didn't discover the storms rorts until after they won comps, doesn't mean shit. If they had discovered the rort earlier they may have lost their points and not won the first one anyway, and would have had to shed players to get under the cap, so may not have won the premierships after the first one either

Fuck Melbourne

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Fark me dead, it just gets worse;

On many occasions throughout my career, the club told me they were under the salary cap pressure, and asked me to make small personal sacrifices by deferring payments, which I agreed to,” Smith writes in the book.

"Deferred payments are illegal in the NRL."

The cheating of this bunch or fraudsters knows no boundaries, they should be stripped of all premierships, every farking single one of them. How much in deferred payments has CSmith accumulated "throughout his career" that will be paid after he stops playing? Slater surely must be questionable on exactly how much of his deferred payments is he getting paid now for a few days work a year "mentoring"? Is that the real reason behind Cronk seeking out alternatives? Who else had payments deferred? Who in the current team, aside from CSmith, has payments deferred?

Just another of Melbourne's endless rorts, they epitomise everything that is wrong in the NRL, from wrestling to cheating the salary cap, they have done it all, invented most of it, and anyone who thinks that they aren't still doing it is dreaming.

Go Dogs

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As the old saying goes, "Every lie has short legs" sooner or later the truth comes out. Everything the Melbourne Storm do or accomplish should instantly come with an aster-ix, They have lied ,sceamed and cheated their way to the top. It just goes to prove that the NRL with all their rules and regulations is still the worst run competition in the land. But of course the Storm are not alone in this.......Glances over his shoulder ac-cussedly looking toward Bondi.