Hooker

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Definitely has to be our number 1 recruitment for 21,we re tarts in the very very position

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was just going to start a thread on this. Hooker has probably evolved into the most important position in the game. Look at the Broncos who have a great pack and decent halves but they lack a dynamic hooker with vision.

The tigers are a different team with Grant. We haven't had a decent hooker in years, explains why our attack has been so poor.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cogger looked better than JMK

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A 9 is important. So are many other positions across the whole board.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay has given JMK more than enough time to realise he doesnt cut it as an NRL level hooker..

JMKs weekly selection is on Pay..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. Hooker
2. Centre
3. Anywhere we need to strengthen - Prop, Second Row, Wing
4. Anywhere we need to strengthen - Prop, Second Row, Wing

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
1. Coach
2. Hooker
3. Halfback
4. 5/8th
I'm happy to stick with Wakeham but I do like young Clifford more and would love to see us sign him... My ideal spine going forward would be all young fellas
1. Averillo
6. Burton
7. Clifford
9. Grant (will never happen sadly)

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think when we did win we had a good back 3 ,we need a centre a good 1,we need experience in the forwards either Bateman,tolman is Dogshit, but number 1 prioty is a 9 a good 1,tigers and Penrith have improved because they have dominant 9's,jmk is too young,in saying all that Dean Pay must go because we need a coach that will attract these guys

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either Sione called Pay a fat **** over the COVID break or one of his legs has fallen off. He’s the only actual hooker in the joint but can’t get a start.

Not saying he’s our long term solution, but surely short term he’s worth at least trying?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need an explosive player. There's not a single player in our side bar maybe To'omaga and RFM, that can actually run over the top of a defender and create something when there is nothing doing! I'd love to see Fifita in dogs colours. Or someone like Koriabete on the wing. We just don't have that in our current squad. Creative players are need too, but to have Fifita on an edge where we could just give him the ball and let him destroy the opposition defense, this would be epic.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We need an explosive player. There's not a single player in our side bar maybe To'omaga and RFM, that can actually run over the top of a defender and create something when there is nothing doing! I'd love to see Fifita in dogs colours. Or someone like Koriabete on the wing. We just don't have that in our current squad. Creative players are need too, but to have Fifita on an edge where we could just give him the ball and let him destroy the opposition defense, this would be epic.
There's no Tanks in this lot.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Recruitment in the next 3 yrs will be the catalyst of our future in the next 10