News Hook Hooked

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus should call Hunt tonight
Pretty sure that’s happened. One thing that stuck out to me was the dragons board didn’t go to Ben hunts 300th game dinner or something. Seems to me that his told them I’m going don’t fight me against the release. 100% he has to be leaving

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty sure that’s happened. One thing that stuck out to me was the dragons board didn’t go to Ben hunts 300th game dinner or something. Seems to me that his told them I’m going don’t fight me against the release. 100% he has to be leaving
Yeah he's done at the drags, no way they don't turn up to that dinner if he's staying, I just hope against hope he has told them he's bound for the bulldogs.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah he's done at the drags, no way they don't turn up to that dinner if he's staying, I just hope against hope he has told them he's bound for the bulldogs.
Knowing what Gus said last year in regards to talking to Ben hunt. Hope hunt actually isn’t talking crap and does come here. Halfback and forward pack is the two missing pieces of the puzzle

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Knowing what Gus said last year in regards to talking to Ben hunt. Hope hunt actually isn’t talking crap and does come here. Halfback and forward pack is the two missing pieces of the puzzle
Yeah even with Hunt we still need that alpha dog in the middle, because sure as shit TPJ and Thompson aren't it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I would have him this year and next only.

Not because he is the saviour, just because he is an established HB that Burton can use to become a half.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

The Dragons Board has elected to end the tenure of head coach Anthony Griffin, effective immediately.

Dragons CEO Ryan Webb thanked Griffin for his contribution to the club over the past two-and-a-half seasons.

"These decisions are never taken lightly and on behalf of the club I want to thank Anthony for all his hard work during his time at the Dragons," Webb said.

"Unfortunately our performances over the first 10 games of this season have not met the club’s expectations so it was decided he should finish up his duties this week."

Dragons assistant coach Ryan Carr will assume interim coaching duties of the NRL side from this week while the club board and management will continue assessing head coaching candidates for the 2024 season.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Not because he is the saviour, just because he is an established HB that Burton can use to become a half.
Any whispers regarding hunt now? :tearsofjoy:

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't know how much spare cash you blokes have but Dolphins have it stacked to the ceiling.
West's if they toss Brooks and his $1m contract.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is he going to get a special segment on 360 again? Or because Gus wasn't involved (and Kent is fked) they're not going to bother?

Love how Fox tried to make it seem like Gus was the reason why Griffin lost his job at Panthers.

He's a horrible coach. The year after he was sacked at Broncos they made the grand final. 2018 sacked from Panthers and by 2020 they became a powerhouse. Would not be surprised if this Dragons team goes on a winning run now without him.

He's shit.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hunt may not have wanted them there.

It's his dinner. He invited Griffin & Kevin Walters.

BulldogsMate

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why would Hunt want to continue to play with flops like Jack Bird and Moses ‘the myth’ Mbye? Get him over here gussy

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

BO to slide into the 13 role? Few off seasons witb the belmore bulking program will be just perfect for him.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Imagine my surprise, he has been a dead man walking since last year.Even the most hopeful of optimists could see he was G.O.N gone before a ball was kicked
Once they told Hook he had to re-apply for his job, there was only one possible outcome. They were in effect saying "we don't want you but we might just keep you on if we can't get anyone any good to replace you". Presumably he couldn't quit then. He had to stick it out and suffer his public humiliation, or he wouldn't have been paid. Does anyone wonder why St George have struggled this season? Where do they find these administrators from?

I can't imagine any career coach with a grain of self respect taking this job, but there is probably a queue already forming.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, where ever Moses Mybe goes. Within a couple of years- the attack becomes impotent, the team is destined for the spoon and the coach gets the sack.