'Homesick' Ben Hannant may quit Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogs27

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hannant topped the tackle count last week.
I like watching him wind up.
His fearless charges remind me of Robbo.
Poor DT form...

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Hannant topped the tackle count last week.
I like watching him wind up.
His fearless charges remind me of Robbo.
Poor DT form...
He was misquoted as having made 44 tackles - that was actually Stagg.

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hannant asks Bulldogs for release

i saw this too:

Canterbury-Bankstown prop Ben Hannant has reportedly asked for an early release from the final two years of his contract.

Hannant, who hails from the Gold Coast and was one of four former Brisbane Broncos to join the Bulldogs last season, is said to be struggling to adapt to Sydney life.

Gold Coast Titans are reportedly keen to offer the Queensland and Kangaroos enforcer a lifeline should the Bulldogs agree to let him walk, while the Broncos are also believed to be circling.

The Bulldogs are understandably reluctant to let the 25-year-old player go, with club officials hopeful of talking him into honouring the remainder of his lucrative deal.
The 108kg front-rower played a key role in the Bulldogs' climb from the wooden spoon to second on the NRL ladder in 2009, averaging 132m and 34 tackles per game in 18 appearances for the club.

Hannant, a veteran of five appearances for Queensland, made his debut for the Kangaroos at the end of last season in the Four Nations tournament, playing in all four games.

The blond-haired prop has played 96 games in the top grade since making his debut for the Roosters in 2005 before joining the Broncos for three highly-successful seasons.

http://sportal.com.au/league-news-display/hannant-wants-out-87840

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we signed him at the expense of other big name front rowers who were off contract at the same time. He can't just leave 1 year into a 3 year contract. Don't sign it in the first place if you are concerned that you could get home sick. The problem here is that he would probably get the same money that we paid for him if he goes back to the Gold Coast...but at the time we probably paid a little bit overs for him and he came chasing the money. Pisses me off...hopefully its all bull**** though. I thought him coming down with Stagg/Ennis/Eastwood was working really well for them.

Mr Patwa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
4 Broncos !!! we bought Stagg, Ennis & Hannant who was the 4th player ??? sorry i forgot EAstwood lol.. im sure he will stay for a year atleast he wont go... relax people and get pumped for tom nights game

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
4 Broncos !!! we bought Stagg, Ennis & Hannant who was the 4th player ??? sorry i forgot EAstwood lol.. im sure he will stay for a year atleast he wont go... relax people and get pumped for tom nights game
eastwood - look up you monkey

BM-dog

Tough person
Reaction score
I really doubt he wants to leave next week. What, he's had all summer to get released, and now he suddenly becomes homesick and wants to drop everything to go back to redneck country after the first round? I don't buy it. If he wants to go then you'd think it's probably at the end of the season.

bulldogs27

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry, Hannant will help The Bulldogs
defeat The Dragons.

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
the rumour has been around for a while but until the dogs of hannant say anythin official im more than doubtful, having said that atleast it would give us cash to play with i hope hodgo stays on another year or 2

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I can EXCLUSIVELY reveal Dean Ritchie pulls his reports out of his @ss, source close to him have confirmed.

The Kennel will reveal full details of the Ritchie @ss pulling drama in tomorrow's edition.

100% bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
whats the point of contracts anymore seriously? no one sticks to them anyway this is a joke

Mr Patwa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
is there a website or a link where you can see all clubs player contracts and duration of their contracts ???

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
This was not in the Bunker. This is not fact.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Disgraceful and so unprofessional if true.

He and his family have been welcomed to Sydney and to the club with open arms. If Sharni Kimmorley's recent interview is anything to go by, The Bulldogs treat all players and their family like family.

I am absolutely sick to death of the lack of respect players are showing for our club. Absolutely no love anymore. God i wish we had've kept Roy Asotasi!! someone who genuinely loved the club. Anyone who doesnt love or isnt passionate about the club should be told to **** off. Its so hard to support a rugby league club these days when you cheer a different team every year.

Unless Hannant comes out tonight or tomorrow and quashes this rumour you can almost guarantee its true. I hope he leaves and i will hold him in the same regard as SBW and Mason unless he sees out his contract.

Rugby League players need to man up and show some loyalty. This is the absolute last thing we needed before the game tomorrow night.

bulldogs27

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be a good boost for morale if we heard
that Hannant remained a Bulldog.
Keep up the good work.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dont let the **** go, His only played 1 season and a game and he wants out already wtf?
Wants to be closer to his brother mormons. I can confirm 100% that Hannant does want out and to go back to the Broncos not titans. The bulldogs are considering something similar to what Manly and Cowboys did where they did player for player swap or 2 players my info is from a current fg who i talk to often. His wife is already there and he flies back weekly to see her what can you do. We are the Bulldogs and we always come out on top

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
on ten news they said his manager comfirmed he will play out season with dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.