Not open for further replies.

sviruch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Johns laughed when he came on last week.look at his impact johns

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How about we put blue eyes on the wing, drop Montoya, have Lichaa start as hooker so he can cop all the hits, and bring JMK on in the second half to replace Lichaa. I think Lichaa will lift knowing he has a limited amount of time on the field. It will stop him becoming lazy and complacent, and keep him on his toes

Otherwise we can put JMK on the wing. He has the speed and is very good in defence

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
ive previously been a doubter of Hollands first grade credentials, but if we are judging him on this years performances alone, he definitely deserves a spot in the team. He is going amazingly well at hooker, but I think he needs to replace Montoya.. Montoya has just played dumb all year .. he brings the ball back with a lot of commitment , but just in an unintelligent manor .. look for a gap FFS.. he just runs straight at the nearest defender and looks for the big contact and 9 out 10 times gets put on his @$$

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is only playing the last 15 minutes against very tired forwards. Which is a smart move by deano. Never did much when he was playing 80 minutes of football.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sorry for now Nasheed. Holland is our best player atm despite playing such limited minutes. Deserves a starting spot!
Im not sorry. Like i said for along time he done nothing when playing 80 minutes. Only looked good lately cause he going up fresh against big slow men that have already played 60 minutes of footy. Ya put him back to wing against these big wingers these days that are fresher than the forwards and they will run clean over the top of him. Like the last 3 years if yez were watching.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Glad to see some more widespread recognition for what I have been telling you guys every second damn post I do.

For a minute there I was thibnking that unless he scored 5 tries a game you'd rubbish him collectively.

85% of this seasons points have occured when he comes on.

I dont know if the bench is for him specifically but if he was outside a world class halves or forward pack he would 100% be origin calibre.

The guy never makes a mistake and is kind of like our Corey Thompson for the tigers with a bit more strength and speed like the Morris brothers (What CT ultimately lacks).

Why do you think that 4x clubs were after him last year?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I can picture Nasheed in the bathroom with a bottle of lube and latex glove going for it, thinking about blue eyes...:tongueclosed:
I think about Holland all the time throughout the day and on my way to work but not with this lube nonsense.

Malla

Reaction score
I noticed Johns laughing at Holland at hooker too... but look at his impact. 2 crucial runs from hooker in the 72nd and 74th minute. I would love to see Pay play him at the tail end of the first half too tho - I think he would be excellent running through the ruck and around tired forwards - very handy.

Anyone but Lichaa.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Should be on the wing instead of Montoya. Im sure hes quicker and more skilful

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Should be on the wing instead of Montoya. Im sure hes quicker and more skilful
I think his impact will be stifled on the wing. Dean Pay seems to know what hes doing and I will go with that.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Im not sorry. Like i said for along time he done nothing when playing 80 minutes. Only looked good lately cause he going up fresh against big slow men that have already played 60 minutes of footy. Ya put him back to wing against these big wingers these days that are fresher than the forwards and they will run clean over the top of him. Like the last 3 years if yez were watching.
Im not so sure anymore man, he seems to have a different attitude this year and looks a fair bit bigger / fitter. Time will tell if he's given a starting spot i guess.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Yes, but I would put him on for the last 15 mins of the 1st half and the last 20 minutes of the 2nd half.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So the view of some is that Holland only looked good because he was running out of DH against 'tired forwards' and broken defences...Mmm so after 10 mins on the field the forwards are tired anyway and how is a DH run by a replacement 9 any different to a DH run by a winger on tackle 2 or 3? Bottom line is the bloke has the speed and step to make metres out of our red zone that Montoya simply doesn't and he has the versatility to fill in across the backline and at DH which Montoya doesn't. He also has a pretty good defensive record from last year and is safe under the high ball. I'm not seeing too many negatives at this point. Even his strike rate with tries is superior.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree... what more can you ask for from a bench utility. He also provides solid injury coverage from 1 to 9 ex prop.

Holland is proving to be a very intelligent and versatile footballer.

We just need Brown or Lewis to step up and take the 6 jersey.... are they both play in the halves in reserves?

addoujspark

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind seeing her replace Montoya on the wing solid in d and can offer plenty in attack

Status
Not open for further replies.