Holland & Montoya

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
See updated post egg on face.
You said 2021. I’ll take your bet.
I'll take that bet also.

I'll also go one step further and say that Holbrook will be sacked before Barrett. In fact, I'll place a bet that Holbrook will lose his job next year.

People praising the Titans for the BIG signings they're making, are missing out on the shambles that club is in. Absolute mess on and off the pitch, and making such massive signings won't fix a thing. It's not like they haven't splashed the cash before, is it?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I'll take that bet also.

I'll also go one step further and say that Holbrook will be sacked before Barrett. In fact, I'll place a bet that Holbrook will lose his job next year.

People praising the Titans for the BIG signings they're making, are missing out on the shambles that club is in. Absolute mess on and off the pitch, and making such massive signings won't fix a thing. It's not like they haven't splashed the cash before, is it?
My man :-).
Let’s see if the Godfather puts his money where his mouth is. I will and I’ll post a payment receipt right here on TK if I lose. I’m waiting to hear his terms...

@Horse pardon the pun but up for a flutter?

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My man :-).
Let’s see if the Godfather puts his money where his mouth is. I will and I’ll post a payment receipt right here on TK if I lose. I’m waiting to hear his terms...

@Horse pardon the pun but up for a flutter?
Ha. Look. I sit back and look at the Titans rolling my eyes. Do people honestly believe the signings they've made are going to change that club around? That this is the blueprint to success? Throw money at top players? Fifta is going to drag them out from the shit they're in?

How many stupid buys have they made over the past 2-3 years? Pretty much every single one? And we're supposed to think they this trend will change? I predict that Fifita will crash and burn also.

A good football team isn't only the players on the pitch. It's the whole set up. It's why our club is so fucked because everything's rotten. It simply is. All our coaching set up is rubbish. We've got absolutely no approach to juniors (well, didn't but are currently turning this around).

Once we get our back of house sorted then we'll be ready. The Titans aren't doing shit, and will be shit for a longtime yet.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If your not in the 8 your ordinary they are less ordinary than we are
Not making the top 8 is shit. For the amount of money the Titans have invested into that team, it's fucking embarrassing that they're so fucking shit. We're worse. Without doubt, but at least we can see why. They've got no excuses.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not making the top 8 is shit. For the amount of money the Titans have invested into that team, it's fucking embarrassing that they're so fucking shit. We're worse. Without doubt, but at least we can see why. They've got no excuses.
Who they got they got fuck all where they top us is they got a coach

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You're kidding right? Look at the signings they've made over the past 2 years, and compare them to what we've made. How high profile were their signings in comparison to ours? They didn't work out ... that's 100% true but to me that's down to the club being an absolute mess.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're kidding right? Look at the signings they've made over the past 2 years, and compare them to what we've made. How high profile were their signings in comparison to ours? They didn't work out ... that's 100% true but to me that's down to the club being an absolute mess.
Nah I'm not kidding gold coast been round for decades they been shit for decades done fuck all for decades seagulls titans don't matter they are ordinary this time they jagged a coach got them a tad better than ordinary we are shit coz we lost sight of who we are we ain't fucking manly or rorters scum buy premierships we nurtured our own we neglected that our biggest fuck up

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'll take that bet also.

You'll be disappointed next season then lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thats all some are saying. No one is praising GC set up or saying they are a top team.

Some though recognise Holbrook as a good coach and far better than Pay and Georgalis.

No one is predicting next years results or saying Holbrook is better than Barrett. But judging on the fact that they've won 6 games and we've one 2, Holbrook has done better yet some are writing him off and prematurely dismissing his coaching ability.

I guess we'll all have to wait till this time next year and then we'll know who is on the money.

I hope Barrett is coach of the year!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Some though recognise Holbrook as a good coach and far better than Pay and Georgalis.

No one is predicting next years results or saying Holbrook is better than Barrett.
Only partially true Wendy.
Better then Pay/Georgallis - that’s not a conversation I’ve ever had.
But some ARE predicting - in fact the Godfather has proposed a wager and I’m taking it. I’ve never said Holbrook isn’t a good coach - I just don’t see him as a big miss for the Bulldogs and that he would’ve made significant more impact at Belmore than he has at Robina. Bottom line: squad improvement as I’ve consistently stated.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great thread Alzz.
Holland has announced his retirement and was not going to be offered another contract anyway and likely Montoya the same.
Seriously, why bother?
Changes are ahead.

PS: Is Holbrook still the Messiah even though his team are slightly less ordinary that ours?
Right up there with his sensational Thomson thread! Haha

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Only partially true Wendy.
Better then Pay/Georgallis - that’s not a conversation I’ve ever had.
But some ARE predicting - in fact the Godfather has proposed a wager and I’m taking it. I’ve never said Holbrook isn’t a good coach - I just don’t see him as a big miss for the Bulldogs and that he would’ve made significant more impact at Belmore than he has at Robina. Bottom line: squad improvement as I’ve consistently stated.
I owe you a haha :grinning:

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In other news Morgan Harper scores a double on debut for Manly

You can’t tell me these two muppets are better than him

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If your not in the 8 your ordinary they are less ordinary than we are
Both ordinary teams ....

But they aren't getting the spoon.

We are.

That's all that counts for bottom 8 teams.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll take a bet that Titans will finish above dogs in 2021.. the tab would have that at $1.01...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'll take a bet that Titans will finish above dogs in 2021.. the tab would have that at $1.01...
The more you look at recruitment and what they already have in place in the spine, it wouldn't be hard to make a case that they will finish above us.

Hopefully all the posters on here who say we have some good signings still to come, are correct and not just stirring the pot, or being unrealistic, because its hard to judge till we know our roster.

There's not much left to choose from tho.

Reactions: GDR