Holdsworth Extends His Stay With The Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eastgate

Link
Reaction score
Source: www.bulldogs.com.au

HOLDSWORTH EXTENDS HIS STAY WITH THE BULLDOGS

January 25, 2007: Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs five eighth Daniel Holdsworth has re-signed with the Club until the end of the 2009 season.

Holdsworth, 22, had a sensational debut season for the Bulldogs in 2006, playing in all 26 games with the first grade side.

Commenting on the re-signing, Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes said, “Five eighth is a key position and many people were wondering how Daniel would handle the role at the Bulldogs. As far as the Club’s concerned he exceeded all our expectations and we’re really looking forward to seeing him get even better over the next few years.”

Holdsworth said, “2006 was a fairytale year for me. I came to the Bulldogs hoping to become a regular first grader and I ended up playing in every game.

“The chance to stay at the Bulldogs until at least 2009 was an easy decision to make and with so many great players here, my game can only get better.”

Holdsworth was born at Tweed Heads but grew up in Perth, Western Australia where he played all his junior football at North Beach Rugby League Club.

He represented Western Australia in rugby league at U15 and U18 levels and was a member of the 2001 Australian school boys side.

Holdsworth had two years with Penrith (2002-3) before moving to the Dragons for the 2004 and 2005 seasons, playing five first grade games.

B

Ben Godberts

YEP cant wait for him and roberts to get a combination going

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Awesome, he was never going to leave after the good year he had.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Im so glad he is staying on. I have high respect for this guy, and we need him in our side.

zapdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
You posted that thread just moments before this was posted - fairly quick response :D
lol...VERY quick response. But it only answered one of my questions (although it was the important one).. any idea how much the contract is worth??

Bellz

Bellz
Reaction score
Wohooo!!! Great to hear! I had a feeling he would re-sign.

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
very good news
he will only get better
hopefully this will start the ball rolling with the others

Status
Not open for further replies.