Hohaia hints at NRL return

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

(courtesy of Zero Tackle)

St Helens half-back Lance Hohaia has hinted he may return to the National Rugby League when his contract expires at the end of the season.
The Kiwi, 32, joined on a four-year deal from New Zealand Warriors in 2011 as a replacement for Kyle Eastmond.
"I think it is probably time for me to think about my kids and my family and put them first," he said.
"I haven't made any definitive decisions on the future just yet."

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/hohaia-hints-at-nrl-return-17104/#ixzz3XQulBn8U

Since we're talking about alternative options to Hodko. Although maybe some ESL watchers are able to tell me whether he's going alright at halfback; always rated him as a fullback

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's always been a class player.

Any NRL club would be silly not to sign him.

I hope a club like the Raiders pick him up to be honest... especially after that really good English player got injured over the weekend.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We should pick him up, and have him work alongside some of our halves then become a halves coach when he retires.

Might be just what Frawley/Hamilton/Kerr/McGrady/etc need!

Mbye and Hohaia in the halves?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hohaia would be a good pick-up, if he's a cheapie.

Great for depth. Know how to run through a hole and accelerate. Good replacement fullback for B-Moz injuries, possible halves player too.
Great replacement for Hokko right now to the honest, since he knows how to run and accelerate which Hokko can't physically...

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Problem with Hokko is more confidence based. Just a bit cautious after knee surgeries. He'll be right.
Its easy to say that but I don't believe it, the guys knee just aren't up to scratch of the physicality and speed of the game anymore. Be honest here; when you hear a guy is needing experimental/expensive groundbreaking stem cell treatment just to get his knees able to handle jogging and it shows on the field plus his limited ability with kicking the ball with power it doesn't have you worried?

I'm not bashing Hokko or anything but I just see his physical condition too much of a problem for todays game.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Problem with Hokko is more confidence based. Just a bit cautious after knee surgeries. He'll be right.
Did he tell you that or did you just inspect his knees when you were polishing his knob?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not the case..

He went through a decent lengthy amount of rehab and was cleared to play after surgery. If he didn't have the confidence then, he won't know.

Not always does the stem cell procedure work (or guarantee 100% results). In JMozzles case it worked a treat (yeah I know his ankle is busted atm), but in Hodkos case its clear he is unable to use that kneee much at all (for kicking, running the ball or anything).

I know you really like the bloke and look up to him.. but honestly .. would you not prefer a player that does something other than catch + pass, and miss tackles like nobody else?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Trust me .. I want nothing more than Hodko to hit that form that last year saw him catapulted into the NSW Origin winning halves combination.

But I just don't think he has it in him anymore from a physical perspective.

He's lost a heap of body weight and size this year too.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hodko and Reynolds better get there fingers out of there asses if they want the dogs to win. It starts now

Status
Not open for further replies.