Hoffman On Outer At Broncos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Triple M's Ben Dobbin has some mail ahead of the Brisbane press conference being held at the Broncos Leagues Club today at 10.45am, which will introduce coach Wayne Bennett and the coaching staff including new assistant Kevin Walters.

Dobbo has revealed all the Broncos players received a text message last week from coach Wayne Bennett, who wanted to meet and discuss his pre-season plans with the players. Except for one player, who despite being contracted next year, did not get a text.

Dobbo joked he wouldn't give up names but he did tell Triple M Brisbane's Grill Team: "There's a lot of teams chasing Josh Hoffman's signature this year and they've got cap restrictions.

"They say Darius Boyd will be signed, sealed and delivered in a couple of weeks. And somebody has to go and it won't be Ben Barba because no club wants him."

http://www.triplem.com.au/brisbane/...osh-hoffman-on-the-outer-at-brisbane-broncos/

Gotta love that Barba is getting a taste of Karma

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't read too much into it, He's probably with Vodafone.

Malla

Reaction score
Wow Ben Barba. What a waste of a football career. I'm so dissapointed in him because I look back to his 2012 year and think what could have been. On the other hand, I love how we as a club are still succesful without him and he is now almost without a team.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Wow Ben Barba. What a waste of a football career. I'm so dissapointed in him because I look back to his 2012 year and think what could have been. On the other hand, I love how we as a club are still succesful without him and he is now almost without a team.
if he was still with the dogs we would of finished first this year and smashed every team

so many opportunities for offloads from our forwards just get wasted because we dont have alot of speed

Malla

Reaction score
if he was still with the dogs we would of finished first this year and smashed every team

so many opportunities for offloads from our forwards just get wasted because we dont have alot of speed
It's not our loss though. It's his loss.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
LOL Bennett knows hoffman is useless

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It reminds me of a story I heard at a business. They carried out an evacuation and everyone exited the building then they made an announcement over the speakers saying "We regret to inform you that there have been some lay offs. If your access card works on the door then congratulations, you still have your job". Bloody cold.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoffman is being chanced heavily by Canberra... We will not match their price not even close to it... If he signs with us (and I am not saying he will) it will purely be for football reasons and not for money..

Malla

Reaction score
Hoffman is being chanced heavily by Canberra... We will not match their price not even close to it... If he signs with us (and I am not saying he will) it will purely be for football reasons and not for money..
We still have the $$$ to offer something very competitive. I think if we do make a formal offer, he will sign with us because of Tank, Kas and Beasts influence.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We still have the $$$ to offer something very competitive. I think if we do make a formal offer, he will sign with us because of Tank, Kas and Beasts influence.
No doubt we have the $$$ but do we want to overpay for Hoffman?

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We do have the $$$ but we won't pay him more than what we think he is worth... Canberra going after him under the Marquee signing agreement, we will not do that...

silva

Utility
Reaction score
We do have the $$$ but we won't pay him more than what we think he is worth... Canberra going after him under the Marquee signing agreement, we will not do that...
LOL please...ricky stuart is not that stupid.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the funniest things I have heard all day. FFS they are desperate down there.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Nor should we. I would much prefer we threw the bank at Stewart or B Morris then bloody Hoffman. He is a solid player while the other twos are stars.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i knew this would be the situation when we released barba

Status
Not open for further replies.