Hodko passing on the Goalkick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Did or does anyone else think anything more of TH opting to not take that last Goalkick? They said he passed it on due to distance but being mates with Reynolds I seriously think he didn't want to kick it? He could have kicked that I reckon.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His knees are pretty fucked.
I think he wasn't confident of making the distance.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not our problem, but if I was the Knights coach I would drop him after that..

Hodkos played Origins etc and is a very good goalkicker, but to pass on such a pressure kick to a rookie is very poor form.. the only excuse that could justify him not attempting to kick is injury

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
no if he wanted to help reynolds he should have taken it and missed deliberately

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard Hokko on the radio after the game and he said he didn't take it because he thought it was from 40 out and he couldn't get the distance. Had he realised it was closer to the 30 he would've taken it.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was coming home from work and listening on ABC. Commentators said there was no excuse for him not taking it, if he's on the field he should have attempted it. I agree with them unless he had a very serious injury and it didn't sound like he did.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
its no different to a general play kick or a sideline conversion. he passed the buck and now he will be passed down to reserve grade for feeney

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I heard Hokko on the radio after the game and he said he didn't take it because he thought it was from 40 out and he couldn't get the distance. Had he realised it was closer to the 30 he would've taken it.
If thats true hes a dumb****, no rules stopping him from telling his teammate he will take it

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent hodkinson missed a previous conversion from practically in front. l found this quite strange. Trent would no way miss a kick from that angle. It looked like he purposefully missed it. Then he decided not to kick after the siren. I think it is worth questioning. Dodgy and quite suss

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If thats true hes a dumb****, no rules stopping him from telling his teammate he will take it
He said once he realised it was from closer, Brock was already in the zone and didn't want to take it away from him..

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Trent hodkinson missed a previous conversion from practically in front. l found this quite strange. Trent would no way miss a kick from that angle. It looked like he purposefully missed it. Then he decided not to kick after the siren. I think it is worth questioning. Dodgy and quite suss
I think you are confusing the kicks. Hokko missed the one from near the sideline and got the one from closer to the posts. He had chronic knee problems and can't kick long distances which is why he didn't take the kick, notwithstanding he got where the penalty was to be taken from wrong. Even Joey said the Dogs were targeting him in attack because he has no lateral movement due to his knee problems.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did or does anyone else think anything more of TH opting to not take that last Goalkick? They said he passed it on due to distance but being mates with Reynolds I seriously think he didn't want to kick it? He could have kicked that I reckon.

Yeah right lol

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you are confusing the kicks. Hokko missed the one from near the sideline and got the one from closer to the posts. He had chronic knee problems and can't kick long distances which is why he didn't take the kick, notwithstanding he got where the penalty was to be taken from wrong. Even Joey said the Dogs were targeting him in attack because he has no lateral movement due to his knee problems.
I am thinking about the kick where he attempted to curve it back in (after knighrs second try). You are right it was not directly in front but it was not on the sideline. Since when does Trent attempt the curve? He usually kicks straight as an arrow

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I doubt he deliberately passed the kick on intending to lose. He's going to cop some flak for making that decision though. He's generally the player you would think its not going to succumb to pressure in situations like that.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
He probably should have kicked

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I am thinking about the kick where he attempted to curve it back in (after knighrs second try). You are right it was not directly in front but it was not on the sideline. Since when does Trent attempt the curve? He usually kicks straight as an arrow
The one he missed, he miskicked though. It didn't even have the distance had it gone straight. Don't forget though they were already in front and went even further in front with the next try. Jesus, they were 10 in front with 5 to play. That's not on Hokko that's on the whole team.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I doubt he deliberately passed the kick on intending to lose. He's going to cop some flak for making that decision though. He's generally the player you would think its not going to succumb to pressure in situations like that.
Yeah I wasn't bringing it up to criticise or anything I was just wondering if mateship shone though a little bit here is all?

Status
Not open for further replies.