Hodkinson/Reynolds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
is romelo a 5/8 ??
He's played the majority of this season in NSW Cup at Five-Eighth (only lost 3 games from memory in that position), out of 10 or so played. Reynolds has been playing Halfback/Hooker in NSW Cup.

I reckon:

1. Barba
6. Romelo
7. Hodkinson
9. Ennis
14. Reynolds

Reynolds can interchange in positions off the bench better than Romelo can. Romelos defence tires out opponents, whereas Reynolds is more dangerous against tiring/napping defence. He has a very good eye for noticing gaps and hitting them.

That also means that you have better combinations when Reynolds subs on for someone.

So big hitters first, then line hitters next on.

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's played the majority of this season in NSW Cup at Five-Eighth (only lost 3 games from memory in that position), out of 10 or so played. Reynolds has been playing Halfback/Hooker in NSW Cup.

I reckon:

1. Barba
6. Romelo
7. Hodkinson
9. Ennis
14. Reynolds

Reynolds can interchange in positions off the bench better than Romelo can. Romelos defence tires out opponents, whereas Reynolds is more dangerous against tiring/napping defence. He has a very good eye for noticing gaps and hitting them.

That also means that you have better combinations when Reynolds subs on for someone.

So big hitters first, then line hitters next on.
All i can say is eaither way if Reynolds/Romelo are 5/8, both need to be on the team next year with one at 5/8 and the other utility on the bench we need them in our team next year, they both give the team a great feeling when they are playing and hopefully it keeps Keating in NSW cup..

All this media talk about Keating and Hodkinson playing together at a younger age to me is nothing, Hodkinson need a better 5/8 an what a way to give him a player like romelo/reynolds next year.. Keating havn't shown me this year he is a good 5/8, utility at best.

If this happens i will be so happy and this way keating can go to another club (because his contract finishes at the end of next year) and we can resign reynolds and romelo (whenever there contracts fininsh)

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If this happens i will be so happy and this way keating can go to another club (because his contract finishes at the end of next year) and we can resign reynolds and romelo (whenever there contracts fininsh)
Problem is, I doubt any other club has halves combinations that bad that Keating would be a preferred option. He needs to go to ESL, or resign to playing park footy for the rest of his life (like he was mostly at Parra).

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i;d like to know who was the one that knocked on both times he could of scored an easy try, happened in the first half, he got a pass, knocked on and it was a try, and happened again and he knocked it on ( couldnt catch it) wojuld of been a try, i was like fu*ksake useless or what

The Detailer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How was that the half combination,unless I am way more pissed than I thought I was Hodkinson partnered Romelo and Reynolds was hooker.Kind of makes this whole thread redundant doesn't it?And to those clowns who take every opportunity to bag Idris,even in completely unrelated threads,SHUT THE **** UP!
I think you need to keep your trap shut champ, i can bag that big lump of crap as much as i like he is as usless as tits on a bull,so blow me!!

doggie-style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Leaving because a retard was played ahead of him, even when that retard was in terrible form.

We are going to miss Roberts, because I'm not sure we have a five-eighth who is ready and good enough to play yet, even if Sezer does decide to stay, which I doubt because he is an uncoachable little brat.
is there a chance he might stay
hasnt he already signed with the titans

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
i cant see reynolds subbing for ennis because hed rather play the 80mins. so if he doesnt get the 5/8 gig, would he be considered at all? or would you drop someone else to accommodate him?

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you need to keep your trap shut champ, i can bag that big lump of crap as much as i like he is as usless as tits on a bull,so blow me!!
After that comment, I think it's fair to say Timbo won't be calling you to get his car detailed anytime soon...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Forget Sezer, I doubt the club would have him back (and I agree with that stance).

i;d like to know who was the one that knocked on both times he could of scored an easy try, happened in the first half, he got a pass, knocked on and it was a try, and happened again and he knocked it on ( couldnt catch it) wojuld of been a try, i was like fu*ksake useless or what
2 x Wright with the line wide open (certain tries).
1 x Halatau (just short but no knock-on).
1 x Morris (didn't ground correctly).
1 x Barba (couldn't handle the kick through).

We bombed quite a few last night so the scoreline didn't flatter the Dogs as much as it should have.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Detailer ...I'm just bewildered as to why some never miss an opportunity to bag Idris,even when the conversation isn't about him.Nothing personal, unlike the attacks here on Idris.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol guys ,guys, guys.. relaxx mannnnn lol.. Bottomline is Idris is quiet useless unless his on tha bench and thrown into the forwards.. he aint a centre and everybody knows that.. He was asked to jump into the forwards but doesnt wanna play there, that to me is not a team player therefore he deserves all the baggin out and he should cop it on tha chin. His a good kid and will be better once he matures apart from that the only think im really gonna miss is his defence on the right flank which has become probably the best in the NRL. Not in the air but.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
but he bumped tonga off like nothing.
He also watched a bomb come his way and he took 10 paces backwards to get out of the way, you would have thought he would have helped barba out this time round.

C

chipandchase

i think we need to also cut Keating some slack here. Both him and Hodkinson were terrible when Moore had them. Hodkinson has improved 100% with Dymock as coach and i think Keating would also if given the chance. Keating played alot better at Parra when it was more off the cuff stuff and Dymock has let the boys play that style of football also.
So to really establish if Keating/Hodkinson can work you need to see them under a new structure and coach.
Everyone is cutting Hodkinson some slack i think Keating deserves that also. If he still doesnt improve to the level we need him at then we can punt him.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It might be early to tell but after a couple of matches and great work tonight together, i really think these two can make a great combination next year.

Which means Bye Bye Keating...

What do you guys think ??
You're right, it's way too early

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Never thought id say this, by I agree with Chip on this one. While Moore was coach I never saw Hodko kick further than 40m, and now he's kicking 60 easy. I'm willing to give Keating a chance to prove what he can do under Dymock, and and if he fails early in the game, but pull him off and throw Romelo on.

Doggies Bro

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i think we need to also cut Keating some slack here. Both him and Hodkinson were terrible when Moore had them. Hodkinson has improved 100% with Dymock as coach and i think Keating would also if given the chance. Keating played alot better at Parra when it was more off the cuff stuff and Dymock has let the boys play that style of football also.
So to really establish if Keating/Hodkinson can work you need to see them under a new structure and coach.
Everyone is cutting Hodkinson some slack i think Keating deserves that also. If he still doesnt improve to the level we need him at then we can punt him.
i agree i wouldnt mind keating given another shot at 5/8 however i think that reynolds is a better option but prefer him at hooker but while ennis is their no.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Problem is that Hodksin at least shows some skill. He did even at Manly, but just lost his form with the Dogs.

Keating has only ever been a bench/NSW Cup player for the Eels.

bite man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i cant see reynolds subbing for ennis because hed rather play the 80mins. so if he doesnt get the 5/8 gig, would he be considered at all? or would you drop someone else to accommodate him?
lets drop useless "keating put josh reynolds in as 5/8 hodkinson halfback keep benny barba as fullback , idris will be gone to star on his kids tv show hahahaha what a joke. we will have the talent of lafai and morris in the centers..and they will all be feeding off reynolds ! bring on 2012 ... year of the bulldogs. take care "

B

Baghdatis

lets drop useless "keating put josh reynolds in as 5/8 hodkinson halfback keep benny barba as fullback , idris will be gone to star on his kids tv show hahahaha what a joke. we will have the talent of lafai and morris in the centers..and they will all be feeding off reynolds ! bring on 2012 ... year of the bulldogs. take care "
Agree. BU11DOGS 4 L1FE

Status
Not open for further replies.