Rumour Hodgson on the outer

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has stepped down as captain and rumors that the Broncos are chasing him Surely if there’s a chance we would go for him

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mentioned this a few weeks back but he is 31 and out of form with a great team. Doubt we will be interested we need a grant or someone young to build the team around

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has stepped down as captain and rumors that the Broncos are chasing him Surely if there’s a chance we would go for him
Remembering what Barrett said we are not looking for a short term fix, players that are only going to be around for the next 2 to 3 years.....we are going to target who we believe are the right players to take us forward and who will be the future of our club no matter who the coach is.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Remembering what Barrett said we are not looking for a short term fix, players that are only going to be around for the next 2 to 3 years.....we are going to target who we believe are the right players to take us forward and who will be the future of our club no matter who the coach is.
Not saying it has to be Hodgson but at some point we need to recruit some experience.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not saying it has to be Hodgson but at some point we need to recruit some experience.
I agree but I would rather the cheese over Hodgson who has become injury prone as of late and who's best years are behind him.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he leaves the Raiders..IF..
He will surely just go home to the UK.
Will walk into any of those Super League sides.
Is there something going on in Canberra ??
Potentially losing Hodgson and Tapine.
Maybe Ricky isn’t as loved as we are led to believe

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree but I would rather the cheese over Hodgson who has become injury prone as of late and who's best years are behind him.
I don't think it would need to be one or the other.
1. JMK and Katoa both off contract.
2. Smith's fitness isn't up to 80 minutes at Dummy Half.
3. Hodgson is one of the best technical DH's around, could teach Smith a lot about his trade.
4. We are really limited from a leadership standpoint, he adds a lot of NRL experience.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to stop this loser mentality of getting rejects. Its not like he has disciplinary issues and they're moving him on.... It's simply because he sucks at playing football..
Spot on Moedogg.
Nailed it. Your comment strikes at the heart of who the club is and what it’s always been. We’re not the fucking ‘also rams’ we need to get the Bulldogs pride and self belief back.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we should buy him and every other player that is rumoured therefore we can have 52-man bench

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he leaves the Raiders..IF..
He will surely just go home to the UK.
Will walk into any of those Super League sides.
Is there something going on in Canberra ??
Potentially losing Hodgson and Tapine.
Maybe Ricky isn’t as loved as we are led to believe
Agree, Couldn't see him playing for any other NRL club other than Canberra. It's either the Raiders or Super League for Hodgson. We'd be better off chasing Ricky as our coach as while Barrett is on the "rebuild" I could be dead before we even make the 8. The Pyramids in Egypt were built quicker.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael Jennings is on the outer as well. Let’s chase him

Malla

Reaction score
The capitulation of Raiders has happened pretty quick lol