Opinion Hmmm…

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Only problem is we don’t have a Cleary coming through. Unless Hayward and that other little halfback kick on soon we will be waiting a few more years

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Only problem is we don’t have a Cleary coming through. Unless Hayward and that other little halfback kick on soon we will be waiting a few more years
O'Neill & Woods could be really good NRL halves if developed properly.

Cleary as a junior wasn't elite. He was very average his first few NRL seasons.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I was just going to say that, at times I thought he was a bit overrated and then he just sort of blossomed overnight. There was even more fanfare over Brooks than when Cleary came through.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I was just going to say that, at times I thought he was a bit overrated and then he just sort of blossomed overnight. There was even more fanfare over Brooks than when Cleary came through.
Yeah Cleary in 2020 was WAY better than Cleary in 2019. The 6 again rule helped them big time.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
My mate (and his brother) who's a Panther supporter said Cleary wasn't a halfback and was adamant he was more suited to hooker before he bloomed.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Yeah “if” it’s a big if since we haven’t developed an elite half in fuck knows how long.
I hope I’m wrong but hard to have hope when we have had a bad run with 7s.
Mbye Lewis flanno hutcho Foran for a few examples

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah “if” it’s a big if since we haven’t developed an elite half in fuck knows how long.
I hope I’m wrong but hard to have hope when we have had a bad run with 7s.
Mbye Lewis flanno hutcho Foran for a few examples
For me O'Neill & Woods are probably the best junior halves that we've produced since Thurston & Anasta. Hopefully they make it.

Also we should've never let Sezer go.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
For me O'Neill & Woods are probably the best junior halves that we've produced since Thurston & Anasta. Hopefully they make it.

Also we should've never let Sezer go.
Sezer is dog shit wtf

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What about the 4th 6th 7th and 5th place finish they had in that time. Also the players they shed were hardly huge losses. Api came back and left again. But the rest, hardly irreplaceable.

The problem with people wanting Gus sacked. If not him then who? Hasler has destroyed 3 clubs when given free rein. Atleast with smart cap management we will have 6 million a
available again in 3 years. By that stage some of the kids who are running rings around the opposition in flegg, sg and Harold Matt’s should be either ready to make it so that 6 million could be used for an absolute superstar.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Yeah Cleary in 2020 was WAY better than Cleary in 2019. The 6 again rule helped them big time.
I still remember having a bit of battle with plenty here about Cleary in his second year where everybody was writing him off after a decent first year...

Probably the same fools I had a debate with over Tommy Dearden...

Point of this shit story is you never give up on special talent after displaying capability in the top grade as they always come good.

Burton is another one... As is Brooks..

Hopefully Woods doesnt get that same stupid treatment because he is a genuine talent.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I still remember having a bit of battle with plenty here about Cleary in his second year where everybody was writing him off after a decent first year...

Point of this shit story is you never give up on special talent after displaying capability in the top grade as they always come good.

Hopefully Woods doesnt get that same stupid treatment because he is a genuine talent.
Burton & Brooks don't belong in the same convo as Cleary & Dearden.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

With Burton I don't think many doubt his talent, it's just that he's not a 5/8th. Everything about his game says he's a center.

Dearden was playing HB at the Broncos he was more of a runner of the ball than an organizer and is now killing it at 5/8th.

Same with Brooks, he was the 5/8th and Moses was the Half coming through the tigers grades.