Hiku to Belmore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he would also come pretty cheap, compared to a well known established fullback. with the amount of money we have invested in our forwards it makes sense too target a young up and comer.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Stapleton had a head start also and Hiku was making up ground on him up to the halfway mark. Maybe Hiku is quick over 20-30meters and not as much over the Hundred, which is ok because you need early speed to get through holes then perhaps find support.

Cabbi

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
sorry guys but dont rate hiku too slow and casual

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Belmore is the best.
I have been there many times.
Can't wait to return.

Oh wait, I thought you said Haiku.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
*laughs* @ ^^ 5-7-5 represent!

Hiku is like Soward. Quick in short bursts. Barba was quick over 100m. Hayne is also quick over 100m.

For a fullback you need more long distance speed to be able to chase down those who break the first line of defence. That's why guys like Zillman and Tedesco are decent.

Locke and Gardner are too injury prone. Templeman and our juniors aren't ready.

O M G ... maybe Michael Letts coming back...

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I cant see why the tigers would release tedesco. They have massive wraps on him. Its either hiku or locke period.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Stapleton had a head start also and Hiku was making up ground on him up to the halfway mark. Maybe Hiku is quick over 20-30meters and not as much over the Hundred, which is ok because you need early speed to get through holes then perhaps find support.
Fullbacks should be the ones providing support as well

N

Natboy

I'd like to see Templeman have a go. He has a similar style to Moylan and he's been a hit since he played FG
I think we all would mate but we keep hearing he is being groomed for the halves although he'll be fighting with our current halves as well as Mbye & Graham for only 2 spots

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we all would mate but we keep hearing he is being groomed for the halves although he'll be fighting with our current halves as well as Mbye & Graham for only 2 spots
Yeah I noticed he has been named at 6 for this week's NSW Cup. I guess Hasler has other ideas but it is blatantly obvious Perrett is not the answer at fullback. I just think that maybe they should take a chance considering on how successful other clubs have been in blooding youngsters.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We will have so many poly's soon we will need a chief not a captain

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How would you have liked being Perrett dropping that bomb on Friday night. I'm sure he didn't even want to play FB. Would have thought ooooooohhhh F................k I can just imagine what those boofheads on the kennel are going to say about me now. Then he kicked out on the full, Please Des sign a stuffing FB and get me back on the wing ffs.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Manly are light on with props maybe dessie and tooves have done a deal ,we release a tolman or eastwood and theyll release hiku once b stewart is back

CheesyDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wishful thinking haha. I hope Tolman for hiku would suffice.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tolman shiets on hiku. Tolman is a solid fgrader, hiku is in and out of fgrade. Send womanly tim browne and josh jackson.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
An iteresting insight taken from the Silvertails forum:

Don't get me wrong I like this young bloke.He is a good footballer with plenty of skill BUT he lacks the one ingredient you cant coach and that is speed.
Our backline plays are virtually the same every week and they look fantastic because Brett gets on the outside of the B defender so easily because of his pace. Tonights first half was a classic example of that.The same moves with Hiku and it inevitably ends in a flat crabbing mess because the outside defenders can stay on their man as he lacks that explosive speed.

In my opinion he is not a fullback or a winger and we need to look at other options at fullback if possible when Brett is out. Gutherson is the obvious candidate but is he ready?I don't think so quite yet.If Tooves can't solve this problem we are in a bit of strife.We have to base our planning around Stewie not playing and treat every game he does play as a bonus rather than fretting about him being missing.

On the positive side Peta's footballing nouse,size and great defence makes him a perfect utility off the bench .We underuse our 4th bench player so much we may as well have a bloke like him who can cover back row and centre as have a prop who plays 10 or 12 minutes.If Brett does play he is an absolute must on the bench but NOT in the back 3.

Can we please forget about Hiku and sign Locke for god sakes!!! Please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.