High Schools : Are they teaching the right stuff ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
I think there are some schools who are teaching the right stuff but i think that English is the most important subject and a lot of schools should keep focused on English because there are a lot of students failing english.

B.A.Baracus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
High school is not an education. It is a conditioning process.

It is not in the best interests of governments to have an educated society.

Nash

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think they should introduce school psychologists in this day and age for kids from Year 7-12.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

finally one rational post in this thread

think what you want but B.A. Barracuda is on the money

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
BABs said:

finally one rational post in this thread

think what you want but B.A. Barracuda is on the money
Yes ... (lol) ..... more than a Kernel of Truth in that one !!! :grinning:

BABs said:
I agree 100%. Top post mate.
ROFL !

Nash said:
I think they should introduce school psychologists in this day and age for kids from Year 7-12.
Agree - A token "counsellor" just doesn't cut it !

Bainy said:
I think kids should HTFU.
ROFL x2 !!!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
now looking back
I wish I left school 2 years earlier then I did! it was just a waste of my time, I could of had a job and had more experience in a meaningful job other then box packing and forklift driving

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
now looking back
I wish I left school 2 years earlier then I did! it was just a waste of my time, I could of had a job and had more experience in a meaningful job other then box packing and forklift driving
My group of Boyz™ in high school Yrs 10-12 had about 30 in it (headcount during handball @ lunch or soccer on oval). Ironically, the one who's done the best for himself out of us all, is the "only one" who left in Yr 10.

Got an apprenticeship with his step-dads work as a printing firm. Served 4 years as an apprentice in the printing / label making industry. Had a VN when the first came out aged 17, the rest of us in Yr 12 at the time. Has been flown to Sweden to train people on how to use machines for his company. Got a big fat house, and had a 5 year head start !

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah thats like someone from my school in year 9

he got expelled and worked doing gyp rocking, got good with it and made great money for a 16 year old

but the only problem facing this guy was he is a born ********
a few years ago he was riding a trail bike drunk, no helmet and wearing thongs (very Australian that last bit)

he was getting chased by the police and smashed into a car doing a Uwey at the end of my street
he is still alive but he doesn't have anything to show for it now except a really bad limp

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
mayb hes just gay
lol whay makes you say that? because you are the one who ****ed him to give him that limp?

are you sure you haven't got this person mistaken for your boyfriend?

DJ1

Ninjadillo
Reaction score
I think that to a large extent the public school system has the curriculum right. IF particular students simply refuse to engage their brains because they have grown up in an environment where there are no boundaries or consequences enforced by their parents, that is not the fault of the school system.

Private schools, in particular many religious based schools are falling down in the area of science as many perceived it as a conflict with their particular doctrinal interpretation of their faith. Home schooling is even worse, where any brand of pseudoscience can be taught as science.

This situation virtually cripples the child from developing critical thinking skills and is akin to a form of child abuse.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
i agree...i mean im all for teaching/learning about the history of country and all that but i was also interested in egypt also...i wouldve wanted to learn about anicent greece aswell...but ah well whats done is done
When I was at school, we had a choice of mordern or medieval history, but no ancient history. I'm majoring in History at uni at the moment (at the Gong), and there is still no ancient history on offer. I believe that to study ancient history (especially Egyptology) you have to go to UNSW. We study mainly war, dictatorships and politics, although there is an Ancient Greek Philosophy course that i'm doing over summer.

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i went to the one of the worst schools in sydney, i turned out awesome.

BASS HIGH FTW! lol

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
Yes ... (lol) ..... more than a Kernel of Truth in that one !!! :grinning:

ROFL !

Agree - A token "counsellor" just doesn't cut it !

ROFL x2 !!!
deadset. These whining little poofters carrying on about being harassed, are (in most cases), are just looking for someone else to solve their problems. Some bastard gives you a hard time, bust him upside the head- it's a pretty simple formula. Yes, you may get in trouble- or be on the recieving end of a hiding, but guaranteed whoever is hassling you will respect you more for having a shot than cringing like a little b!tch. This bullying crap has gotten out of hand thanks to PC crap that says it is never OK to hit someone. I believe that most of the stabbings/glassings we see now would be avoided if we could go back to a bit of fisticuffs as a last resort. So basically, if you're having a hard time and don't know how to deal with it, HTFU.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
HAd a thought today after reading news online and it reminded me of this thread.

"Wildlife Awareness" is definetely needed.

How many here can identify dangerous snakes and spiders on sight alone ???

I'd be alright with spiders, but snake I got NFI !

(Sidenote : that reminds me of the acronyms thread I once ..... :p )

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAd a thought today after reading news online and it reminded me of this thread.

"Wildlife Awareness" is definetely needed.

How many here can identify dangerous snakes and spiders on sight alone ???

I'd be alright with spiders, but snake I got NFI !

(Sidenote : that reminds me of the acronyms thread I once ..... :p )
And the more I think about it, the more it would seem reasonable to have a common sense class.

Generally the delgated task of parents, I have noticed the younger people are the more stupid they seem to be. People lack general knowledge.

As you said what to look for in the wildlife and other distinguishing features of Australia, household things, street and social situations, money & tax education to every child.

I was at Woolies, and this new chick was having a shot at it, and I swear to Bob it took her 1+ miute to figure out my simple change. FFS, it's just coins!

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
And the more I think about it, the more it would seem reasonable to have a common sense class.

...... I have noticed the younger people are the more stupid they seem to be. People lack general knowledge.
Not enough face-to-face chat.
No coping skills for interactions with people of varying backgrounds.
Insular in public.
Arrogant around own peers.

I was at Woolies, and this new chick was having a shot at it, and I swear to Bob it took her 1+ miute to figure out my simple change. FFS, it's just coins!
See this is why I likes you ..... There's 3 jokes in that one sentence !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.