"High Profile Player About To Commit Suicide"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
*sigh*

Is that all anyone read of everyone of my posts? :rolleyes:

pps- did you even read all the other posts saying simply HTFU?
Other people said it but they didn't say they have had a lot of friends deal with depression

For someone who knows people who have gone through depression to say they should HTFU is just SICK.

These people dont crave attention they are not well, & im telling you now i know you said you dont do it but babying them would be the last thing they want so i don't know why you even mentioned it.

No matter whar else you said people who have had friends and family suffer depression are going to get offended by the HTFU part...Especially since you say you know people who have gone through depression.

anyway i encourage people who have known anyone who has suffered depression (or anyone who has some cash to spare) to donate to the Black Dog Institute (donations are fully tax deductible.)

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
Final word is Suicide is real and noone who hasnt had to ****ing deal with it will ever understand.

Happened to someone VERY close to me. No warnings nothing, just got a call 2 days later when he was found dead.

"Adam, Your dad passed away mate. He killed himself"

Worst sentence i have ever heard in my ****ing life.

Don't for one second think Depression is just something you go through, It's real and the only help is professional help, not a nice lunch and a happy night out, Professional help or Suicide is the only way for someone with Bi-Polar and the lot of you better ****ing believe it!
Sorry for you loss, & thanks for sharing it with us. Might make it a little more real for the lucky people who have not had family members or loved ones suffer depression.

Foreigner

*Stop The Bytchazzness!*
Reaction score
I do not know anyone who commited suicide. My house mate tried, but failed. I do know a few people who were depress at some point in their lives. When you are around them a lot, it affects you physically and emotionally. I've been depress before and its not something you can get over just like that. Talking to people helps but not in every case. Thanks for your stories and sorry to hear about your loss.

..shurrup..

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Captain Kickass thats intense...but i read your whole post and it is definitely eye opening

all the best

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
Just read your thread Captain Kickass, i guess i am lucky the person i know who is suffering right now has realised something was wrong (along with the family) and they managed to get the person to get help.

Though even with help i dont think they are out of the woods just yet. It breaks my heart there is nothing i can do.

http://www.blackdoginstitute.org.au/public/depression/depressionexplained/index.cfm

For anyone who wants to read more or donate

dragons_princess

Hung it on Ma Wall
Reaction score
I just also read your post Kickass, and as the rest of us on here, are thankful and glad you shared that with all of us.

There are a few of us on here who have experienced this in some shape or form and it is something that no-one deserves to go through.

It is certinally something you never forget, and a subject all too close to me, the point that makes it real is the day that you get that phone call, or you come home to it. It makes it all real.

Its an illness that doesnt get much attention and should, there are initiatives out there but sometimes they arnt brought to the publics eye. I have worked with people and have one very close friend who suffer from depression.

After one of my closest mates in high school committed suicide I said to myself that I was dedicating my life to try and stop this happening again. I have been using art as a thearpy to work with people who suffer from this illness and it has wonderful results, but there is no money to further it.

I think that there are alot of people who are mis informed and mis judgeed by this illness, but god forbid if it ever it you in the face, and it blindsides you on the day when you never saw it comming...cause you dont see it comming.

I remember having to go to my mates house and collect his things, and the staleness in the room. I was 15 and this was a major shock to my life. I always think about him and the hurt will always be there, but the lessons that were taught to me have made me the person I am and more determined to make this a known illness and find a way to help all those who suffer.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Thanks folks. Plenty of reasons to smile these days !

*winks*

All the best !

Smiley

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow. what an emotional issue. i have had two suicides in my family and can only describe the aftermath as obscene. to know that someone you love, someone you have spent so much time with is suffering so badly and in such isolation is a feeling you never ever recover from. the guilt just never goes away and i feel sick as i write this.

there is no pill, no therapy, nothing. when a person makes that decision to just check out, nothing is going to stop them.

i applaud public airing of this topic and agree that one day, the pressure is going to get too much for one of our beloved players and we will lose them to despair.

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
thread closed.

this topic hits too close to home for quite a few of us, and there are some people here that dont seem to understand how bad sucicide/depression affects family and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.