Hezbollah forces Lebanon government collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Everything you need to know is in here ...

[video=youtube;trzUn42ongs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trzUn42ongs[/video]

G

Gladiator.

i live in australia, thats all i care about, people there look out for themselves only, and i dont need that =]

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
By the way, the title is misleading..... so to clarify:

1. Hezbollah have 5 ministers. And the largest Christian parliamentary bloc - also has 5 ministers in the government. So to say that "Hezbollah forced the government down" is false. It can not do anything without the approval of the other forces in the Opposition - most notable Free Patriotic Movement (largest Christian bloc with 27MP's in Parliament and 5 govt ministers).

2. The collapse of the government was done constitutionally (withdrawal of 1/3 ministers) ..

Last edited by a moderator:

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You guys can spin it any way you like.
1. there can be no investigation in Lebanon as the lead investigator & his family will be killed before the outcome
2. Hezbollah has been bullying the govt and most notable was closure of Beirut last govt formation
3. What is Hezbollah concerned about? Perhaps loss of crucial cross sectional & public support?

Blame is on both sides, but please don't try and spin that Hezbollah is innocent in the assassination. If not directly responsible, they know who is.

Remember the last time war was waged with Israel, which Hezbollah won thank god, bridges to the north were destroyed as were entire neighborhoods. Why? Because reinforcement of troops and munitions was going through Sunni & Christian neighbourhoods. So the south as some of you have put it, were not the only ones who suffered the Zionist invasion.

Now let us all pray that common sense and civility takes over before the place erupts into civil war, or should I say a massacre as only 1 true army exists in Lebanon.

As for Hariri's death. Don't really care. It is in the past, and knowing who did won't bring closure. Quite the opposite.

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
You guys can spin it any way you like.
1. there can be no investigation in Lebanon as the lead investigator & his family will be killed before the outcome
2. Hezbollah has been bullying the govt and most notable was closure of Beirut last govt formation
3. What is Hezbollah concerned about? Perhaps loss of crucial cross sectional & public support?

Blame is on both sides, but please don't try and spin that Hezbollah is innocent in the assassination. If not directly responsible, they know who is.

Remember the last time war was waged with Israel, which Hezbollah won thank god, bridges to the north were destroyed as were entire neighborhoods. Why? Because reinforcement of troops and munitions was going through Sunni & Christian neighbourhoods. So the south as some of you have put it, were not the only ones who suffered the Zionist invasion.

Now let us all pray that common sense and civility takes over before the place erupts into civil war, or should I say a massacre as only 1 true army exists in Lebanon.

As for Hariri's death. Don't really care. It is in the past, and knowing who did won't bring closure. Quite the opposite.
1. That is a cop out. The STL has said, although conviniently, that it has no jurisdiction to investigate the false witnesses. Therefore, the onus is on the Lebanese to investigate them. In 2009, an arrest warrant has been issued against Mohammed Siddiq, who miraculously just "disappeared" while in French custody. The Lebanese judiciary has sat idle on it ever since. General Jamil al Sayeed already sumitted a lawsuit to the Lebanese judiciary against his false imprisonment, and again, the Lebanese judiciary sat idle. He then had no option but to go to Syria and file the lawsuits against 33 people, in order to get something done! And since Nov of last year, the Opposition itself has called for the false witness case to be referred to the higher judicial council (as per govt decree regarding the assination), and yet the Feb14 alliance insist on the normal Lebanese judiciary - there are some flaws with this; firstly, all matters pertaining to the crime was transferred to the higher Judicial council; secondly, there is a arrest warrant for the Attorney General himself in regards to his role in the false imprisonment of General Sayeed; thirdly, two opposing sides has two different avenues they wanted to pursue - the opposition called for the cabinet to convene and VOTE to where to send the file! and still feb14 refused; and lastly, if the false witness is furphy as some clueless, ill-informed feb14 people want to claim, they could have transferred the file to Justice Council/voted on where to send it and come out clean and spared Lebanon the circus - why did they run away from the whole thing all together?

2. How did HA bully the govt? It asked time and time again to have the false witness case investigated. It asked for consensus - nothing. It asked for a vote - nothing. What more do you want it to do? Afterall, this very court that based it's investigations on false witnesses and circumstantial evidences is about to "indict" some of it's members. Do you blame HA for wanting to get to the bottom of who is planning what for Lebanon? To get true justice by actually wanting to bring some credibility and have the false witnesses pursued? The false witness file will bring about many explosive revelations on who was behind them - and this is why certain parties/countries refuse to open it.

3 By his own admission, Jeffrey Feltman (US Ambassador) said the US has spent $500m to tarnish the reputation of Hezbollah over the past few years.

4. Hezbollah had most to lose by the killing. In fact, RH was HA best international cover. Not only that, HA has always stayed out of the dirty political game in Lebanon. After the assisination, they were dragged into the ugly politics and had to protect itself. On top of that, they have had to deal with the Sunni-Shia chaotic plan that was being set in motion by outside forces.

5. They might very know who is - did you not hear and see some of the evidence he had against Israel. If it was not "definitive" proof, it was at least enough to send the tribunal in another direction. But it was gone, without a trace, not seriously even considered. The SLT has little credibility. The false witnesses that misled it and the buck-passing on how to investigate them. The multiple resignations. The constant leaks in what is supposed to be a "secret" investigation. The wikileaks revelations about it and foreign influence. The unwillingness to pursue any other countries, despite motive and revelations (even by well respected journalists Seymour Hersh and HA evidences presented). The reliance on phone records despite the dozens of Israeli spies in the Telecom area. The circumstantial evidences that STL chief himself said he will rely on. Just to name a few

Not only that, the false witness file HA want investigated will shed many lights on many people.

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hope another war doesn't start..

Just to add..I dont really know whats happening

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i dont really follow this stuff but if Hezbollah is run by the Syrians why are they in the Lebanese government

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont really follow this stuff but if Hezbollah is run by the Syrians why are they in the Lebanese government
Exactly. If they are run by the Syrians then they wouldn't be in the Lebanese government.

You hear they are run by the Syrians, then they are run by Iran. The only common thing to this is Syria and Iran are Israel's enemies. So much spin and double talk

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
nobody in this thread has been helpful whatsoever.
:o *gasps in horror*

Take that back ! My clip is more than informative.

You could save thousands of dollars on wasted education watching that !

chafstaa

Waterboy
Reaction score
jus laugh on yourself u idiot. what have they done other then defend there country from israel u floppp!!!
LOL at Hezbollah meaning 'Party of God', considering some of the things they do.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i can see this thread is heading for closure too lol

chafstaa

Waterboy
Reaction score
its obvious who killed harrirri it' not hezbollah..
first they tried blaming syria for his assination buh couldn't prove it and now there trying to put the blame on hezbollah.. can't you see that israel and america are trying to put the blame on someone so they can come in lebanon and lie to everyone that they want to help. they wanna do to lebanon like what they did to iraq and afghanistan. all hezbollah is doing is protecting the country from the zionist and thats the truth..

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
i can see this thread is heading for closure too lol
oh come on... this is a peaceful debate :peace:

just be thankful no one has hijacked this thread and put out an all out war against other members :grinning:

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well mongoose...

I talked to my Grandmother and this is what i got out of it has i didnt understand some of it..

Apparently this is what happened...

Well as they have got close to find out about the Harrir assassination
So Hezbollah withdrew from the government so they dont have any links

But i dont understand why a Syria led force Hezbollah is in the Lebanese government

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
its obvious who killed harrirri it' not hezbollah..
first they tried blaming syria for his assination buh couldn't prove it and now there trying to put the blame on hezbollah.. can't you see that israel and america are trying to put the blame on someone so they can come in lebanon and lie to everyone that they want to help. they wanna do to lebanon like what they did to iraq and afghanistan. all hezbollah is doing is protecting the country from the zionist and thats the truth..
lol yeh cuz Lebanon has fuel or any other resource that the USA wants -.-

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
oh come on... This is a peaceful debate :peace:

Just be thankful no one has hijacked this thread and put out an all out war against other members :grinning:
:p

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
lol yeh cuz Lebanon has fuel or any other resource that the USA wants -.-
US does the bidding for Israel:

1. Naturalisation of Palestinians
2. Eliminiation of Resistance: be it by disarming HA, or by not properly equipping teh Army as you would already know
3. Water from Litani river
4. Land annexation (Greater Israel)
5. Gas and oil (havent you paid attention to the recent "oil" war?)
6. Sunni/Shia/Christian people divisions to keep sidetracking from real basic issues.

Just a few things

Status
Not open for further replies.