Hey NRL - How about publishing a list of the top 30 of every club at the beginning of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The issue of who is and who isn't in our (or any teams) top 30 is really annoying me. We have websites that may or may not be accurate. We have "insiders" who may or may not be right and we now have players who don't actually know what's going on. Surely it isn't that hard before round 1 each year to publish every nominated player on the website. Yes, I know there is the 30th player issue. big deal they just publish the 29 they have and then on June 30 publish the revised list. Would stop a lot of arguments and stupid comments about who should and shouldn't be playing each week.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The football club has all info regarding this issue
I totally agree this should be on a website for all to see
No big deal is it

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That level of integrity & compliance is way, way beyond the NRL.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
How dare you suggest something so logical!!

By doing that the NRL wouldn't be able to selectively pick and chose which teams they will allow to promote outside their Top 30.

Storm and I believe Roosters have already had exemptions allowed..

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The football club has all info regarding this issue
I totally agree this should be on a website for all to see
No big deal is it
That's the thing. You would think the FSB will kill everyone associated with league if it were published the way the NRL are behaving. I'm sure that info is available for most sports around the world where they have limited squads.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Clubs still buying and selling until June 30

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Don't be silly, fans don't need to know who could represent their club.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
greenberg is too busy counting the money all day

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's up to the clubs.

Things can change, eg season ending injuries etc.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How dare you suggest something so logical!!

By doing that the NRL wouldn't be able to selectively pick and chose which teams they will allow to promote outside their Top 30.

Storm and I believe Roosters have already had exemptions allowed..
Roosters to NRL;
“Can we promote from outside the top 30”
NRL;
“Why ?”
Roosters;
“Because we have 45 internationals on our team”
NRL;
“Oh, OK, no problem”

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just add it to the long list of NRL's failings

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Clubs still buying and selling until June 30
Yes they are but they have to have 29 players locked in before the start of the season. The 30th is by June 30. It really isn't that hard to do. Hands up how many thought Lewis was already one of our top 30? That's the problem. We don't even know who is in our squad let alone all the others.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah that would mean too much transparency. Next you’ll be asking to know what each player’s cap number is too?

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the NRL are serious and wants to say they are running a real multi million dollar business then they should be sharing things such as the top 30 players of each club, what the salary of each players are and what 3rd party deals they are on, this way cheating the salary cap will be much harder and we will see which club who is under valuing their players when it comes to 3rd party deals BUT NO the NRL won't do it because Todd and his Mgt team are way too smart and will never make decisions that are common sense to the rest of us! This is one of the reasons on why RL is a dying sport!!!

Bulldogs_4eva

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If the NRL are serious and wants to say they are running a real multi million dollar business then they should be sharing things such as the top 30 players of each club, what the salary of each players are and what 3rd party deals they are on, this way cheating the salary cap will be much harder and we will see which club who is under valuing their players when it comes to 3rd party deals BUT NO the NRL won't do it because Todd and his Mgt team are way too smart and will never make decisions that are common sense to the rest of us! This is one of the reasons on why RL is a dying sport!!!
Agreed but like you said the NRL are too dumb to think outside the box matey!

Status
Not open for further replies.