Hey mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How come all replies are showing as one short of views these days ?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Boooooooo, you got it wrong, the problem is that the views are always one more than the replies :p

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Boooooooo, you got it wrong, the problem is that the views are always one more than the replies :p
Your right - but you knew what I meant and the question remains - why is one just more than the other ?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Correct. It's either one of two things.

The original poster re-views the thread once posted (creating the first view always being himself)

OR

The original poster is not counted as a view for their first post.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Don't listen to Mr.I .... he be drunk.

Unofficially, it's loosely to do with your 'session' (or active log in time).

I've been logged in for about 20mins and the majority of my views are 0 also. If i move to the 2nd page of "What's New" I can see a handful of threads that have the correct view amounts (ie: replies are 10-20% of view-count).

But once you've been logged in for a bit, the correct 'views' appear.

Like I said ... dunno the official terminology for it. Cache, servers, whatever-it-is. You just gotta be "logged in" for long enough for them to 'tally up' properly.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score

I've been logged in for about 20mins and the majority of my views are 0 also. If i move to the 2nd page of "What's New" I can see a handful of threads that have the correct view amounts (ie: replies are 10-20% of view-count).

Like I said ... dunno the official terminology for it. Cache, servers, whatever-it-is. You just gotta be "logged in" for long enough for them to 'tally up' properly.
what happens when you are logged in for 16 hours? is that why i see 0 views?

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Correct. It's either one of two things.

The original poster re-views the thread once posted (creating the first view always being himself)

OR

The original poster is not counted as a view for their first post.

I'm afraid neither response there answers the question

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score

With respect CK, that would not explain a perfect one discrepancy between the two

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I shall clarify my original comments by adding that it is 100% correct ..... if you're using Firefox. :p

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Turns out I was about 70% right.

The cache for the servers will refresh every "x" amount of posts.
So the more activity here, the faster these counts update.

That being said, Admin could have changed the "refresh cache after 'x' posts" from something like "every 1000 posts", to "every 5000 posts", and we'd never know it unless one of our observant posters noticed, like today.

Status
Not open for further replies.