Hetho v TPG v Tolman this weekend

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Thought this might be an interesting exercise given how many TKers think Hetho is our future in the front row.

Minutes playedRunsRun metresPost contact mtrsRun mtrs/minuteRun mtrs/runTackle breaksTacklesTackles/minuteMissed tackles
Hetho6916121401.757.561210.304
TPG3411126483.7111.455130.381
Tolman4612116302.529.661300.650

Also 1 line break and 1 try for TPG, and 1 line break for Tolman, nothing for Hetho. 2 offloads for Tolman, 1 for Hetho, 1 for TPG. No pens or 6 agains for TPG and Tolman, 1 and 2 for Hetho.

Hetho is not a starting prop. Today I notice a lot of people putting him in their 3-2-1 for the game against Manly. His average metres today was worse than Tolman's last season, and he couldn't even manage half the tackle count Tolman would at least contribute. No argument Tolman couldn't stay, he was on too much, but Hetho is not the answer as starting prop, and unless he can come off the bench and produce the same performance he did today in 35-40 minutes he isn't even a decent benchie. He LOOKS aggressive, but looks aren't everything, his numbers are worse than Tolman, and way worse than TPG.

I asked a few other people who watched the game today how many minutes they thought Hetho played. The range they guessed was between 50 and 56. He went missing during parts of the game today, and he frequently does. For all the excitement in the few moments in the 2nd half where he ran a bit wider at some smaller defenders, he didn't make a single line break, and only 1 tackle break, and even given that chance and some room to run onto the ball and into the defense he couldn't get his average metres per run above 8m, which is surely the minimum required.

If Hetho keeps getting selected to start and plays as many minutes as guys like Thommo, TPG, and Vaughn next season, and doesn't up his game, it will be the beginning of the end for TBaz.
No one has said he is our starting prop next year lol. Both Vaughan and Luke Thompson are way ahead of him.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No one has said he is our starting prop next year lol. Both Vaughan and Luke Thompson are way ahead of him.
Hopefully - I'm concerned Baz doesn't see it that way and will continue starting Jack though

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s that psycho bench player you need on there. He’s the only one that Jackos back yesterday when there was push and shove. He’s a bulldog through and through. He deserves a spot in the 17. Personally bring him on an edge to run through halves and centre’s. He’s a really big boy for anyone that hasn’t seen him in person.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need him on the paddock versus in the bin or suspended. That is my HUGE concern about Hetherington. He has to stop the red mist shit or he will have that much loading that everytime he gets put on report, no matter how minor, he will be suspended.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity I checked his season stats, he hasn't been that bad.

Hes probably been put in role that he shouldn't be, as in a starter and then when Thommo is out he is basically our prop leader.

Another decent game and he'll crack the 100 metres average and 91 percent tackle efficiency.

Not bad imo, considering the amount of games he's actually played, get ready for him to be re signed guys hahahaha.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
who’s tpg? tevita pangai guniour? never heard of her