News Here to Stay: V’landys’ big call on day NRL grand final

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Yeah rather a day time one but obviously not happening.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If 85% want an arvo grand final then the ratings will rise. Driving around today people are having grand final bbqs from early in the day. By the time 730 comes around most people are flogged from the booze, food and sun! Kids are tired at night. Night game is so shit. And running the girls game before the reserve grade is just embarrassing to the game

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Vlandys is a creature of the gambling agencies. I'd assume that the GF gets a few more bets placed if it's on later in the day.

I was well and truly over the refereeing before he opted to fuck it up further with the six again rule. Now I fail to follow the game I've watched for 40 years. So I just don't watch it anymore. He's a cancer on the game and both him and his rules need to be taken to a deep part of the ocean and given some concrete boots to swim in.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If the AFL present their GF as an all day televised celebration then you can be sure it is the best timeslot to maximise all sponsorship and advertising revenues.

Horse racing is done in daylight and that doesn't suffer.

And Superbowl is an afternoon entertainment.

If these iconic games are daytime scheduled then the dumb NRLol need to look at the facts and revenue figures again.

All it is is Ch9 dictating to the NRLol heirachy and they probably don't even realise all the money making potential (if the standard of the production of the pre-game, camera angles, commentary and post-game coverage is anything to go by).