Heka Nanai 2010 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
but he made a try saving tackle at one stage
Was that before or after a standing start player stepped around him with about half a metre between him and the touchline?:p

Poor guy, thats what will stand out about his game

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
You're only gonna disagree, so there's no point.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We mock him but he did show alot more than quite a few of our forwards

Big nod to Hickey tho, he really wants a spot when Armit gets back and the way he played today may get him one

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Morris made 4 hit-ups all game, for a centre. Yeah great commitment, when we needed speed & agility all game. Idris made countless mistakes in attacking positions which cut down our opportunities. Ryan was not effective in attack, and showed no urgency to get to the 2nd half kick-off - he actually backed away. Paea only made 4 tackles even though we were under the pump.

But nah, let's ONLY bag Heka's game, even though he only made 1 missed tackle against a bloke who is extremely hard to stop close at the line. Did you question the defensive capabilities of anybody who missed Utai close to the line? No. Because Utai is just good in attack, especially close to the line. And Vuna or Uate (whoever the fck it was) isn't?

Give it a break.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
to me after his performance only showed me why he doesnt get picked for FG

D

dogs_4 lyf

who the **** on here thought he deserve his spot

hes done **** all for the past 3 years and yet K Moore picks him

prob because hes " solid " thats what is apparently good enough these days

D

dogs_4 lyf

Everyone seems to think JTK is the answer.

From what I've heard in the trials he's just as bad defensively (makes poor reads), and can't hold a ball.

So if you want the defence of Nanai, and the butter fingers of Idris, thne yes, JTK for the wing spot!
where do you get your dribble from?

butter fingers idris.. please he barely lost a ball last year

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
GL with your knee Heka hopeit comes right soon.

GL playing the rest of your career in NSW cup aswell.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
can someone find all those Kennelists who wanted Heka ahead of JTK... and take them to a mental assylum.... NOW!

Fanoftheyears

Kennel Established
Reaction score
tbh i think moore just put him there to see where he stands in the bulldogs squad and possibly to offer him a new contract or let him go

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They have just reported on the footy show its a bad leg break so thats probably the season for him.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was that before or after a standing start player stepped around him with about half a metre between him and the touchline?:p

Poor guy, thats what will stand out about his game
Exactly and jesus that kick return of his where he got tackled in goal WTF was he waiting for!!!pick up the ball and run it back my grandmother couldve made it out of touch he was pedestrian

The_General

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Exactly and jesus that kick return of his where he got tackled in goal WTF was he waiting for!!!pick up the ball and run it back my grandmother couldve made it out of touch he was pedestrian
To be fair Patten didn't really help him in that situation. Patten initially ran to the ball and then slowed up and left it for Heka. They are both to blame for it.

How funny was it when he made like 4 tackles in a row from marker and the crowd was sarcastically cheering him on.

Yeah he had a bad game but it's sad to hear about his injury. Never wish that on any of our players.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Don't be a dropkick. The ball was kicked in the CENTRE of the park behind the posts - PATTEN territory. That was Patten's ball, not Heka's. Luke is the one who showed no urgency, Heka was picking up the scraps.

Take your pre-conceived ideas of Heka and shove em where they belong. I'd love to see your buckled head get out there and do a better job.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't be a dropkick. The ball was kicked in the CENTRE of the park behind the posts - PATTEN territory. That was Patten's ball, not Heka's. Luke is the one who showed no urgency, Heka was picking up the scraps.

Take your pre-conceived ideas of Heka and shove em where they belong. I'd love to see your buckled head get out there and do a better job.
Mate the bloke got stepped silly on the sideline.... uate beat him from a standing start with less than a metre to work with on the touchline... what excuse have you got for nanai there?

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Did you question the defensive capabilities of anybody who missed Utai close to the line? No. Because Utai is just good in attack, especially close to the line. And Vuna or Uate (whoever the fck it was) isn't?

Give it a break.
Mate the bloke got stepped silly on the sideline.... uate beat him from a standing start with less than a metre to work with on the touchline... what excuse have you got for nanai there?
Answer me that. Their wingers are almost unstoppable near the line. With strength or agility, they can beat any winger in the game.

The_General

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Answer me that. Their wingers are almost unstoppable near the line. With strength or agility, they can beat any winger in the game.
Thing was he didn't just miss him but he almost didn't even get a hand on him. He was crazy for giving him the outside like that. He should have covered the sideline and let his inside defender come across and help him. it was a rookie mistake.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
but from a standing start? surely you wouldn't give him the sideline, you'd make him step back inside. if he steps back inside, don't follow him in. It's then the centre's job to take care of him... don't chase him in if you're the winger because you leave the sideline open... Wingers need to stay on the wing... the only time you come in is if you are certain to take make the tackle. uate exposed his poor read in defense, from a standing start mind you.... that never should have happened

You make a good point about uate and vuna tho.... and the question for us is this: why don't Canterbury have the same sort of wingers as they do? Heka is not capable of doing what Vuna or uate are doing... and, tbh, neither is turner. Why can't we have those sorts of players?

Status
Not open for further replies.