News He’s going to be a great No. 6’: Ciraldo shuts down Burton move after Bulldogs star ruled out

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In all honesty I can see CC and Gus building that mentality again... even when Cam talks u can see it. We are moving towards that Melbourne, that Roosters, that Panthers, that Ricky and Raiders style mentality that u fight for every inch when its time to switch on.

This is why I don't understand why people keep dissing the build.. I think everybody is just too focused on the cattle, the injuries and the style rather than building a system and having the players buy into it.

I have faith that corner isn't far.. I just hope the squad keeps pushing towards it.
Rome wasn't built in a day !
And definitely took more than a year :laughing:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was that the year they Dogs started poorly - were beaten at Belmore by Warriors who had a player sent off - talk mid way thhrough season was about moving on about a doz players - then all of a sudden they gelled!
Please...Don't remind of of that game >:(
Warriors had 2 players sent off but we still managed to lose the game.

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just for the fans that are making the argument that Burto is paid too much to play centre:

With the salary cap going up Burto and Critta being on around 800k a season isn’t that big of a deal and it certainly doesn’t mean they need to play spine positions.

Where you used to pay 600-700k for an elite rep centre now around 800k is fair and market value.

Same with halves and props. It used to be you’d get an elite half for 800-950k and now that’s gone up to well over a million.

Anyway something to consider…

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was that the year they Dogs started poorly - were beaten at Belmore by Warriors who had a player sent off - talk mid way thhrough season was about moving on about a doz players - then all of a sudden they gelled!
I remember they were very Inconsistant rather ill agree with you because that memory of yours is vivid!

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
does anyone think the boys will have the coaches permission to offload tonight?
Man of the match Burton
Doggies by 2

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please...Don't remind of of that game >:(
Warriors had 2 players sent off but we still managed to lose the game.
What’s your thoughts on tonight’s game?
Tell me do u think ciraldo can coach?
I’m not convinced everyone plays like they are stuck in quick sand ,it worries me.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
But for some reason people think even Wayne can win a comp with this rabble.. FFS.
The right coach wouldn't win a comp with this current squad, but I guarantee the right coach would have the best players in the right position and we would play a different style of football that would actually suit the players, as opposed to having a system in place that doesn't play to our players strengths. (Ie Panthers system)

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What’s your thoughts on tonight’s game?
Tell me do u think ciraldo can coach?
I’m not convinced everyone plays like they are stuck in quick sand ,it worries me.
1st and foremost you always go into games thinking you are going to win, otherwise what is the point of playing ?
As a fan though, I will have to be realistic, we lack size in the props and creativity in the spine but that doesn't mean we are no chance of winning,
I believe of we stay solid in defense and produce faster service from dummy half also move Burton out of the way to the right side in attack we are a chance of winning !
Ciraldo was in high demand also was regarded as a very good assistant, but in the eyes of many is yet to prove himself,
He needs time and a fair chance !

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The right coach wouldn't win a comp with this current squad, but I guarantee the right coach would have the best players in the right position and we would play a different style of football that would actually suit the players, as opposed to having a system in place that doesn't play to our players strengths. (Ie Panthers system)
And in your opinion, Which players are out of position? Please consider context and future.

I get what you mean in regards to playing a style that suits the players but consider building a style and a system for players to mold and grow into. For example think about a system that is being used from NRL down to HM. You build a system once, teach it once and u never have to worry about teaching it again as its literally taught from a younger age.

Thats is where we are at the moment... We will see the fruits of labor, if not tonight, maybe next week, if not then maybe at the end of the year and if not then next year. We are building a future for players not around players.

Last edited:

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When our forwards are getting run over can someone (Burton), just kick for touch and slow the game, giving our boys a rest. Bombs are shit. Everyone is catching them anyway. FFS work with what we have.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s been signed on potential for the last 3yrs has he been delivering to a standard to match his salary??

the12thman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great comment. There is no plan b with Ciraldo. In his mind these systems worked at Penrith so they will work here.

Gus should have sent him to Super League for a few years to learn how to actually coach before he took over our team.

Sent from my SM-A736B using Tapatalk