News He’s going to be a great No. 6’: Ciraldo shuts down Burton move after Bulldogs star ruled out

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jesus Christ he's not a very well man is he? Last year he claimed Burton the best kicking game in the world and now they only stayed in striking distance last week due to his kicking game.

That's ego central 101.

Sent from my iPhone using The Kennel mobile app

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would like to ask Burto this question...Who comes 1st Team or Individual ?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So just about every “expert” and NRL analyst in the game is calling for him to be moved to centre now. Brad Fittler, Cameron Smith, Laurie Daley, Greg Alexander, Braith Anasta, Mathew Johns, Mark Geyer. FFS just move him already!
Fittler & Daley are 2 that started in the centres & moved to 6. Them 2 would be more qualified about this topic than anyone else. If both say Burton is a better centre then they should know.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yup dominant half
Nathan Cleary
Adam Reynolds
Not going to happen we need to change direction!
Not sure about that level just somebody to organise and direct play would help but I’m saying that doesn’t excuse his lack of involvement.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
All I can say, if he is deterrind to be a 5/8 he should be working harder for it, is he ?
I don’t know mate… I’m starting to feel it could be a contract we have to ride out and I really hope I’m wrong.

Last edited:

dogsday

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
When Burton is kicking bombs the opposition are standing over 10m from where he's kicking, simply just waiting for the kick, get closer to the defence before you kick, better still don't
bomb all the time drive a grubber when closer to the defensive line.
Probably wrong place for my 2 bobs worth, just shows how much i get involved.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The thing with Burton playing centre. He will excel at the roosters, broncos, souths, panthers etc because they have keary, mam, walker, luai etc. he doesn’t crack any of those teams as a half.

Our halves are Hutchinson and sexton (if you want to include taaffe, tracer, Hayward, Bbo…. I personally wouldn’t). If we had a class 6 then sure shift him to centre. But when we have no one note worthy in the halves. No big kicking game at all (unless you consider Mahoney a big boot, hutch and sexton are not realisable for long clearing kicks). And to compound it. We have centres in the calibre of critta, xerri and Kiraz. Fair enough his best position on most teams isn’t 5/8. But he is definitely the best we have. He doesn’t seem like a big game player and his decision making Is poor. His ability to take over and control games in non existent. But he is better then hutch, sexton and the rest.

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
Fittler & Daley are 2 that started in the centres & moved to 6. Them 2 would be more qualified about this topic than anyone else. If both say Burton is a better centre then they should know.
Yeah good point. I remember both of them playing a bit of lock too.

I would understand if there wasn’t any other option but we’ve got Sexton, Tracey, Salmon, Biondi-Oda and even Chricton ( who actually looked better than Burton there after the one game he played for Samoa ).

Personally I’d be playing Salmon at 6 because he’s a big body defensively and will straighten up our attack. He’s shown he’s not afraid to play deep into the line which will free up space for Burton and Kikau on the outside.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wont happen, Gus' ego would rather be in denial than be proved wrong.
I'd say that CC selects team and Gus' ego wouldn't have much to do with it. After all,only 1 can sack the other if things don't go to plan

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So just about every “expert” and NRL analyst in the game is calling for him to be moved to centre now. Brad Fittler, Cameron Smith, Laurie Daley, Greg Alexander, Braith Anasta, Mathew Johns, Mark Geyer. FFS just move him already!
Of those,1 has coached @ NRL level, unsuccessfully. They're all paid to say something in the media, if Burton has a great game this week, those same people will be paid to sing his praises

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can’t wait for Gus to blame previous administration on the Burton deal….
Gus has never blamed previous managements, he simply acknowledged we have problems as we all did.
We can't live in denial and pretend it isn't a huge problem, not only he had to bring in a new roster he also had to rebuild the pathways.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The thing with Burton playing centre. He will excel at the roosters, broncos, souths, panthers etc because they have keary, mam, walker, luai etc. he doesn’t crack any of those teams as a half.

Our halves are Hutchinson and sexton (if you want to include taaffe, tracer, Hayward, Bbo…. I personally wouldn’t). If we had a class 6 then sure shift him to centre. But when we have no one note worthy in the halves. No big kicking game at all (unless you consider Mahoney a big boot, hutch and sexton are not realisable for long clearing kicks). And to compound it. We have centres in the calibre of critta, xerri and Kiraz. Fair enough his best position on most teams isn’t 5/8. But he is definitely the best we have. He doesn’t seem like a big game player and his decision making Is poor. His ability to take over and control games in non existent. But he is better then hutch, sexton and the rest.
I agree
His a 6 for me for the next couple of years. Just play sexton with him.

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Overall he is better than hucth and sexton at 5/8 agree. But hutch and sexton are both superior ball players, hence we should select both hutch and sexton at half & 5/8. WHY - because we lack attacking flair and need to get our quality outside backs more ball & into space! Something Burton cannot do, he is a ball runner and stifles the attack.
CC pick players in positions to team needs and not player needs FFS.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His kicking game getting us out of trouble was actually pretty good last week, will agree with that
It actually was. I thought same thing, and tbf that’s all the coach really said. He didn’t single out anything else he did.