Hazem & Idris in Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Can i just say that i am loving the way these 2 guys are defending. They are working well together, communicate well, make the right decisions 99% of the time and Idris comes rushing in you always see him rushing in as well as cover.

There side of defense gives me much more confidence then the combo of Morris/Goodwin who look very shaky at times and vulnerable. Whenever the opposition attacks down Morris/Goodwin my heart skips a beat as i dont have much confidence in there defense but when it goes over to Idris/Hazem, i feel much safer and know they will get the job done.

Im not having a go at Goodwin/Morris but just noting that Idris/Hazem are working much better in D then the other wing, hope they keep it up and the other boys pick up there defensive play.

D

dogs_4 lyf

Yeah true. But Morris/ Goodwin are tearing everyone a new arsehole in attack:p

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Yeh agreed, both combos bring there value to the team.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
idris/hazem have had more time together so they have been able to develop a chemistry between them...on the other side with morris/goodwin we know that morris has been out for awhile...may seem like a minor thing but in the long term it does have its effects imo

D

dogs_4 lyf

Where dangerous on both flanks. If we go left or right we have no problems. Roberts just tends to always find that gap with great accelration

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Yeh this thread isnt really meant to be a comparison between the 2 sides, just saying that Hazem/Idris have been great in defense whereas the other end needs a bit of work, i know they will improve but im more just praising the great work of Hazem & Idris

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
sack Tony for causing trouble :p

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
fair enough...least theres a valid point to this thread...unlike some of the shocking ones ive seen haha

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Idris has a clever tactic if you watch him. He pushes towards the sideline whilst his inside man spreads across.

This forces the attacking player to either hit Idris, or try and go around him on the wing (straight into El Masri).

It also increases the chance of the player going out.

I kind of liken it to a person shooing away a dog.

Idris commits to a tackle if required, or simply forces the player into either his inside or outside man. Only prroblem however is if the player he is marking throws an inside ball and a fast player cuts across the line, as it'll create a hole.

But yeah, its a smart play / coaching by Moore.

MikeG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hazem is a defensive wizard. He's passing his knowledge onto young Jamal. Once Bryson and Josh have a bit more experience, they will come good

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hazem is a defensive wizard. He's passing his knowledge onto young Jamal. Once Bryson and Josh have a bit more experience, they will come good
Agreed.

Morris and Goodwin are both individually great defenders but the only critisism I have is that Goodwin, on our line, should just hang back a bit just so he can cover a grubber or the pass.

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
im lovin it also!!!! hazem is on fire this season!!!!

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Idris was outstanding in defense tonight. Huge hits on everyone and all effective.

M

mofo sixx

Hazems defense is rock solid, him bulking up has done wonders,

or was it shaving his head?

whatever it was, its awesome a legend of the club/game can be playing so well @ this stage of his career, given the horror of 2008 & the amount of **** he copped from certain ppl on here!

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
im lovin it also!!!! hazem is on fire this season!!!!
Yep.

I was so happy for him when he ran 50 odd metres to score considering he got rejected a try from a pass that went a mile back and got called forward.

Munnuz 1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol that was the fastest and longest distance that i have seen him go for ages

good job Hazem, this successs is bringing his and the rest of last years players confidence back.

Status
Not open for further replies.