Hayze Perham & Kyle Flanagan

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perham safe as houses since season started .
Flanagan as much as I bag him he makes so many crucial tackles .
Maybe coach needs burton,Reynolds and Flanagan all on the field at same time
Next week against Souths will be interesting ,I’m hoping for dry weather .
Our attack is suffering due to our back 5 having increased work load due
To all our injuries ,reason why our attack suffers back end of games.
Gotta hand it to the team they never gave up ,
That’s how winning is done

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perham has shown improvement while under adversity and deserves a chance, he’s no super star but he’s not crap either. He handled himself well yesterday

Flanno on the other hand puts in effort but it’s nothing because he’s not good at football, he’s had every chance and failed. He needs to go and JR take his place moving forward.

Avo is the same as flanno
I agree that both are not good enough, however IMO Flano tries hard but just dosen't have enough ability even for SL, Avo has the ability but for some reason just dosen't have the guts (or what ever) to put his body on the line.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perham safe as houses since season started .
Flanagan as much as I bag him he makes so many crucial tackles .
Maybe coach needs burton,Reynolds and Flanagan all on the field at same time
Next week against Souths will be interesting ,I’m hoping for dry weather .
Our attack is suffering due to our back 5 having increased work load due
To all our injuries ,reason why our attack suffers back end of games.
Gotta hand it to the team they never gave up ,
That’s how winning is done
didn't see where Grub and Flano played, due to been emotionally involved, can't se the reason why both were on the field at the same time.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my issues with Averillo too, don't worry. He's not a Centre and possibly not even First Grade standard either.
Avo is a better fullback than Perham in my opinion and I feel it's his best position. I will say though that he has improved this season as a defender and isn't doing too bad a job at centre. And believe me I have been one of his harshest critics in the past when he played in the halves and at centre previously.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Avo is a better fullback than Perham in my opinion and I feel it's his best position. I will say though that he has improved this season as a defender and isn't doing too bad a job at centre. And believe me I have been one of his harshest critics in the past when he played in the halves and at centre previously.
I agree Averillo’s best position is fullback. But not at NRL level.

Perham doesn’t set the world on fire but has been safe and communicates well with the defensive line. Minimising try’s against that don’t happen so you cannot measure his success.

If Averillo was at fullback to start this season. You can bet we would have scored another try or two a game. But we would have leaked another 3 or 4 against.

Perham is constantly yelling instructions to the defensive line. Helping to shut down attacking threats.

His off the ball involvement alone has him there every day and is way better than Averillo at fullback.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perham is doing a job however everyone knows he's just a place holder and won't be in first grade next year unless it's as a bench utility or covering injuries.
Flanagan as usual is just taking the piss

Son Of Dogzilla

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter much at this stage.
Chooks are third and only +8.
Panthers only +45 due their massive win this week.
Storm and Fins above us on +6 and 0 F/A.
Right now with our injuries it’s about getting the wins.
Positions 3,4 and 5 on the ladder have all had byes so we are sitting ok at the moment

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I really hate to be a downer after a win like that, but we have to be serious here and call a spade a spade.

They're obviously both trying, but just aren't first grade standard.

In defense they're both solid and doing a job, but in attack they're nothing more than passengers getting in the way. They offer nothing, and when they do try and chime in they just get in the way and make things worse.

Neither engage the defence at all. They pass way before the line and honestly just lack the skill set to make the right plays. Hayze bombed a try as well with his poor passing when it was 6-8 and continued making the wrong calls for the rest of the game.

You could see the difference as soon as Reynolds came on. We became direct and played eyes up footy. Burton all of a sudden looked good because he finally had someone beside him doing the basics right.

If we're being serious about making the 8 this year, we need to drop these guys now before it's too late.
Agree they are changes that need to happen.
Flannigan tried hard but he just isn’t up to the standard we need. As soon as reynolds came on he took control of the team as we looked at more dangerous. Flanno grubber kick was just incompetent it was embarrassing
Perham, has zero ball skills, just can play the link role and he is too small to play the enforcer style

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Perham is doing a job however everyone knows he's just a place holder and won't be in first grade next year unless it's as a bench utility or covering injuries.
Flanagan as usual is just taking the piss
Spot on

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhams been good I don’t know why people are off him and I actually thought Flanagan was decent last night

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I understand everyone’s concerns about Perham but just curious if anyone has actually seen the impact he has on our defensive line?? Next time you are at the game, watch him only while we are defending. He’s constantly shouting at our line where people should go, if there’s an overlap to cover etc.
That’s extremely important for us and it’s a bit part of the FB job. His positional play is also good.
Anyway, Joash is good but he’s got a lot to learn before first grade. Just because he is quick and has great footwork doesn’t mean he’s better than Perham, does he have the potential to be? Yes.
I believe that one of Ciraldo's first priorities when he started with us was to get the defensive structures in place, and from what he saw in the pre-season, he decided Perham was the best fullback in the club at this stage to achieve what was needed, for the reasons you have stated.

it is obvious that our defence has improved greatly this year. The attack will take a bit more time, with a decent halfback, Burton developing, young players like Alamoti and Preston getting better and better, and Chrichton arriving (although many of you don't agree with this one).

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As many have said Perham has his deficiencies in attack, I hope CC takes him aside and helps him understand that he had a better option than the one he took and how to help him see that in future. But defence wise Perham has been solid. He is the best option at the moment and next year with Critter and Papa we will have better options.

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Kyle runs around like a headless chook. No coach has really helped him out, in my opinion. Why would you ask your halfback to take on the line more often when in fact he does not posses the leg speed to break oposition defences. Waisting tackles and stopping our opportunities to penetrate.They should be encouraging Kyle to run straight and straighten up the defence while runners around him should be running at holes not traffic.I know there are many frustrated fans in the kennel but Kyle is putting his body on the line week in week out.

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Avo, Flannigan and Pehram would struggle to play NRL at nearly any other club. Same goes for Waddell and Okanbor. Flannagan offers zero creativity, Pehram is relatively safe but offers zero creativity unless you count hit ups. Avo is a massive liability in defence but is threatening with ball in hand and opposition back peddling.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Perham has been solid. Hasn't set the competition on fire. Still early days as he only played 5 games.

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Alright, chill bud. It's an opinion.

I hope I'm wrong.
seems as though your opinion sucks based on most other peoples opinion in your threads, and trust me im calm its people like you who talk shit on forums and get that hasty feeling like everyones attacking you.. grow up yah wanker

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flanagan was very bad today, tried to do more and it just made things worse. I was willing to stick with him until Karl is ready but it's very hard. Perham is a good runner, an Edwards type, but he's an absolute hand break in attack. Can see why he was moved from the halves.
He dummied a zillion times and hogged it when he should’ve passed
He hit the wrong runner in the lead and not out the back 3 times with a 2 man overlap
He passes it when he should hold it
He kicked early 3 times to no one
He’s got no creativity in him what so ever

I guarantee you olaupu can defend just as good as Flanagan if not better plus the added spark in attack

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the muppet halfback actually passes it to him during the game for the sweep play and in open space we might see the best of perham

every Other side in the comp has their halfback giving good ball or they call it “creative” ball to their fullbacks on the sweep

if We put Karl or Reynolds in their you will see a 10 times better Hayze perham I’m sure of it