Have you ever considered switching teams?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Just wondering with all the agony attached to the club, if you have considered switching teams?

My friend just texted me to see that he is now an Eels supporter after 15+ years of supporting the Bulldoggs from when he was 7years old. I tried to talk him into co-support, the sensible solution, but I failed.

The last two years I have seen a few friends cross over. Almost always Roosters or Parra.

I know an old poster I chatted too that doesnt post here anymore and I asked why and he logged in to say his heart gravitates toward the Raiders now. So it seems its happening.

Has anyone here cosidered it or having these thoughts?

-Nasheed (He/Him).
Dickhead, we follow the TEAM more than the game.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
FFS I don’t know why or how you can even think of switching teams.
Following a club is like tribalism it’s war, you hate other teams you don’t switch that’s fucked up.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Just wondering with all the agony attached to the club, if you have considered switching teams?

My friend just texted me to see that he is now an Eels supporter after 15+ years of supporting the Bulldoggs from when he was 7years old. I tried to talk him into co-support, the sensible solution, but I failed.

The last two years I have seen a few friends cross over. Almost always Roosters or Parra.

I know an old poster I chatted too that doesnt post here anymore and I asked why and he logged in to say his heart gravitates toward the Raiders now. So it seems its happening.

Has anyone here cosidered it or having these thoughts?

-Nasheed (He/Him).
I guess it depends what sort of supporter you are and when you started following the Dogs whether they be more good times or bad times. If you decide to follow the Dogs for light casual reasons during the last few years when we performed badly then it would be easy to change just like you might change girlfriends or even wives. But if you're a more serious person with real passion, real love and you've celebrated some great Dogs wins then you wouldn't change so easily. My late father took me to my first games at Belmore when I was a kid so I'll always have those fond memories of sharing that enjoyment with him, my joy at watching our team and players performing well, the excitement. It's where I first became interested in rugby league. Once you have good real history with a team most fans would feel like traitors supporting teams you used to dislike.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If the doggs got kicked out I’d just support south’s.
If south’s also went I’d support the sharks.
If sharks went too, I’ll probably support the tigers, but at this point I’ll be asking questions wtf is going on with all these cut teams?
With all due respect, If you think like that you are not a supporter. The Dogs could be kicked out; it has happened to Newtown, Wests (reversed by the courts), and Souths (reversed by the courts), and the NRL clearly don't like us. If, for whatever reason, the NRL dictatorship decided they didn't want Canterbury around any more, I would instantly be finished with rugby league in Australia. I might continue watching super league.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
With all due respect, If you think like that you are not a supporter. The Dogs could be kicked out; it has happened to Newtown, Wests (reversed by the courts), and Souths (reversed by the courts), and the NRL clearly don't like us. If, for whatever reason, the NRL dictatorship decided they didn't want Canterbury around any more, I would instantly be finished with rugby league in Australia. I might continue watching super league.
I think for me I just like the game and see teams as an eco system below it. I like them all and how they interrelate.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No. I've never considered swapping teams.

If the Dogs were kicked out, I'd stick with Carlton, and turn my back on league altogether.
How are you finding the season Chriso? I remember before it all started you expressed your reservations about any success this year. 4 wins so far with the injury toll isn’t too bad I would think.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Nah. I love this club more than anyone. Which is why I am not willing to sit and applaud our mediocrity. If we accept anything less than the best, nothing will change

EuroNymous

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Only if the club got disbanded
I would never support any of the Sydney clubs tho, probably would became a cowboys fan

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way some of the death riders we have here in the Kennel badmouth the club, team, coach and players I would suggest they have NEVER been real Bulldog supporters!