Have we now got $1.2M

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carney is 32 with shot hammies and hasn’t played a NRL game in years there’s no upside to signing him.
Yes there we is. If we wanted to win the award for oldest and most broken halves in the comp lol

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What about signing that “rockstar” fullback we were promised by a non gendered ceo in Raelene Castle?

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
First things first

Kieran Foran needs to be fucked off ASAP, dont care how just needs to happen

**** is a fraud

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about Brodie Croft or Mason Lino. Both playing reveres at the moment.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Carney does not have a "future" in him. He is past history. He should not play any part in a rebuilding plan. Youth is the way to go.
If a quality player comes onto the market for us, he must be young and have a future. Don't be like Parramatta and sign old has beens.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we're a chance and the price is right we should definitely have a crack. Croft could be a very handy player

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Surely looking at our squad means the following would be astute purchases.
Hastings (cheap,talented and goal kicker)
Jai field (talented and stuck in reserves)
Rhys Martin
Gela mosby ( fastest thing out there and stuck in reserves)
Matt parcel ( wouldn’t be cheap but not pricey) has definitely proven he is a good hooker at nrl level.
As for fullback who knows
Bring Abbey back lmao

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Croft is playing reserves because he got dropped for the worst performance of any half (including ours) this year whilst playing for Melb. I remember driving home listening to the game and even the commentators were laughing at him.
I would say Cogger better option .

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isaac Luke is having a good year and off contract

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Corey Norman is in shit again at Parra, can we make good?

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've already made a few signings for next season and theres undisclosed amounts being paid to players we're releasing.

Reality is, we don't know how much cap space we have but I'd suspect it's tighter than 1.2m.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Croft is playing reserves because he got dropped for the worst performance of any half (including ours) this year whilst playing for Melb. I remember driving home listening to the game and even the commentators were laughing at him.
I would say Cogger better option .
So you're saying he's shit after one average game?
For a rookie half with only a handful of games under his belt that's a bit harsh don't you think. He hasn't been in fg since because bellyache is a very tough taskmaster, plus they have ryley jacks

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we're better off going for younger players, promoting juniors and going for bargain buys. Fans want names and "star" players, but the situation we're in they aren't going to be helping us win a premiership. They're just a waste of money to put uneducated fans bums of seats.

Let me put it this way, we're going to be hamstrung by contracts and will be rebuilding over the next few years regardless of what happens at this point. We cant solve all problems this offseason. Next year is more or less another write off, the following year probably not a write off but we won't be winning the comp as we will still be fixing the roster.

What is the point wasting tons of money on high profile players when you aren't a contender for the premiership? You always pay over market to lure star power from another club, it's just the way it is - especially in our situation which looks ugly to any current prospects. You buy those players and by the time you're contending again those players are older or will be after another big money contract, it solves nothing.

IMO, we're much better off putting money into prized juniors/quality young players that we've scouted. Retaining those guys is an easier proposition. Throw money at a few of them and see what sticks, hopefully a few work out. Then, once we're relevant and contending again and aren't hamstrung by the cap issues, they will have experience and be in their primes.

We really need to use money alot more wisely than any other team at the moment because we're at a significant disadvantage.

Last edited:

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
So you're saying he's shit after one average game?
For a rookie half with only a handful of games under his belt that's a bit harsh don't you think. He hasn't been in fg since because bellyache is a very tough taskmaster, plus they have ryley jacks
We'e the F did I say he was shit. I said in my opinion (and thats all it is) that Cogger is a better option.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will need to release another overpaid player or two first, but just get a half with experience who can organise, kick and is a good leader. Don't know who but that has to be the priority to give us any hope in the next couple of years.

If there's any money left for another experienced player, get a decent hooker - one who can pass (unless Woolford is worth punting on)? Then just buy some fast young backs who can tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.