Have the Indo's hacked us yet ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
The Cowboys site found this on their front doorstep ......

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
FAKE .. and I know this for 2 reasons:
1. Nobody in Indonesia owns a computer.
2. Wouldn't they hack boating sites instead?

Not to mention how f**king dumb the country as a whole is for taking out on our CURRENT governement, something that the PREVIOUS government did.

This place is pretty fixed up these days so the VB exploit that they all use and hide behind the guise of "hackers" is gonski.

If they want to impress me, they can take out the ALP website instead. But nobody would notice it's gone.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
FWIW yes it's the same /install directory exploit that "they" were using on this site previously. They just change the CSS file to redirect anything to a et page (in this case the "hacked by" page).

Piece of piss to do and would take a script kiddy running a local PHP serverlike WAMS about 5 minutes to do that attack. Nothing special about it at all, but sloppy programming on VB's part created one monster of a loophole that allowed users to elevate their accounts to admin privs easily.

If anything we might get some "users" sign up here with the intention of doing the same thing (and fail because the exploits fixed on our server), and we'll just ban the accounts.

I find it quite hilarious though:
Can't fund our own country without like $400 million in overseas aid from AUS, and ??? from US each year.
Can't stop shitheap boats leaving our shore, or afford to bring them back when they get stranded in our own waters.
Can't afford a decent fleet of warships so gets Australias hand-me-downs.
Can't afford decent military aircraft so gets Australias hand-me-downs.
Yet supposidely have internet access and computers lol

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the indonesians took down the federal police website ffs, for 2 hours my life was ruined

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Hey Roddy,

Lets start a business ....

1. Make lots of DIY-effigies (ie : Buy a size, attach your own face/clothes)
2. Offend the Indo's.
3. Sell all the effigies.
4. Profit ?
5. Ozman.

EYE.CACK

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've read this like a thousand times, still struggle with the tech stuff but anyway...two things come to mind. Do they go to all this trouble just to put a page, like is that it? The other is it seems the k's seems to be in goods technical hands :grinning:

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I've read this like a thousand times, still struggle with the tech stuff but anyway...two things come to mind. Do they go to all this trouble just to put a page, like is that it? The other is it seems the k's seems to be in goods technical hands :grinning:
To me, it's the modern day equivalent of spray painted vandalism ..... sometimes it's done well, with great intentions and delivers a real message (ie: Banksy). Other times it's a half-assed collage of colourful tags for 'bragging rights' (ie: railway graffitti art) . And then there's times when it's just random scribble with zero artistic intent, just because they can (ie: tags with Artline Textas on every window, seat and wall inside a carriage).

EYE.CACK

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
To me, it's the modern day equivalent of spray painted vandalism ..... sometimes it's done well, with great intentions and delivers a real message (ie: Banksy). Other times it's a half-assed collage of colourful tags for 'bragging rights' (ie: railway graffitti art) . And then there's times when it's just random scribble with zero artistic intent, just because they can (ie: tags with Artline Textas on every window, seat and wall inside a carriage).
I really like your analogy.

Makes you guys like the digital clean up crew, endlessly scrubbing away. Did they at least give you a digital van to get around in?

EYE.CACK

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Was there an issue with the kennel... I couldn't get on for the past 2 hrs?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Are they the same as the zeonistic-Jew- 51st states dudes ? bring m on :grinning:

I'll punish them with my thongs!!!!
Na shoes are better, like that Iraqi guy threw at bush lol

EYE.CACK

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate u ain't seen my thongs. They're bullet proof! Dunno why, they just are.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I really like your analogy.

Makes you guys like the digital clean up crew, endlessly scrubbing away.
Not a bad analogy yourself : A wonderful variety of otherwise socially awkward misfits and broken individuals lurks behind the scenes, and volunteer their time to keep our little house tidy. Some tidy (edit) the thread-titles. Some tidy the sailors tongue. Some arrive at a time when two rivals are fighting, so they issue a swift boot in the rear and a "cut that out you lot before I get the ban-book out and smack you upside yer head".

Did they at least give you a digital van to get around in?
Not quite, but that's OK.

We get a lounge (by that I mean similar to an airport lounge area).
We got our own office to process all the complaints, reports and half-baked theories.
We get our own meeting room.
We get shiny labels.
We get access to classified info.

Oh ... and the best bit of course .... we get to play with "Le Bouton Poussior !"

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I look after Information Security (as part of my job and skillset) and that means I get to attend some pretty awesome seminars alongside penetration testers (effectively paid hackers who paid to test the IT security of a company), and with presentations and demos from some pretty talented hackers/security evangelists/higher end techs from Security vendor companies.

Some of the stuff these guys can do, is downright scary.

It's just fortunate that they are on the good side of the fence, and that (despite there always being bad eggs out there) the majority of hack attempts are conducted by digital vandals, and generally script kiddies.

There are some sites out there which are real eye openers though. Pay a few hundred bucks, or a few thousand, and someone will write a custom made virus for you, host it online, and parse on any information they steal straight onto you. Then there are others who will charge to put a virus in a picture file, and reverse engineer someone via social media into not only accepting the file, but infecting their office by passing "the funny photo they got sent", around the office.

With more and more reliance on computers these days (and SmartTV's/internet enabled devices), comes an ever increasing threat of cyber crime. Due to the ever increasing reliance we have on computers, when someone DOES exploit something (because you always plan for WHEN not IF), the impact becomes far greater.

10 years ago if someone took down a mobile phone provider or ISPs name server, nobody would be too worried. Do that these days and you'd create absolute mayhem.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FAKE .. and I know this for 2 reasons:
1. Nobody in Indonesia owns a computer.
2. Wouldn't they hack boating sites instead?

Not to mention how f**king dumb the country as a whole is for taking out on our CURRENT governement, something that the PREVIOUS government did.

This place is pretty fixed up these days so the VB exploit that they all use and hide behind the guise of "hackers" is gonski.

If they want to impress me, they can take out the ALP website instead. But nobody would notice it's gone.
FWIW yes it's the same /install directory exploit that "they" were using on this site previously. They just change the CSS file to redirect anything to a et page (in this case the "hacked by" page).

Piece of piss to do and would take a script kiddy running a local PHP serverlike WAMS about 5 minutes to do that attack. Nothing special about it at all, but sloppy programming on VB's part created one monster of a loophole that allowed users to elevate their accounts to admin privs easily.

If anything we might get some "users" sign up here with the intention of doing the same thing (and fail because the exploits fixed on our server), and we'll just ban the accounts.

I find it quite hilarious though:
Can't fund our own country without like $400 million in overseas aid from AUS, and ??? from US each year.
Can't stop shitheap boats leaving our shore, or afford to bring them back when they get stranded in our own waters.
Can't afford a decent fleet of warships so gets Australias hand-me-downs.
Can't afford decent military aircraft so gets Australias hand-me-downs.
Yet supposidely have internet access and computers lol
I'm sorry MRI but these are extremely silly comments...

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
salamat pagi anak anak

EYE.CACK

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the insights to your world. Sounds like you guys have a lot of fun. Im jealous. I like the way ya'll put it too, must be a hoot!! It's definitely far far more complicated than meets the eye. I had no idea for example that you could hide shit in a pic! I always thought it had to be like an executable file to start causing damage.

I enjoy learning a new thing everyday. Thanks again guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.