Opinion Hastings might be available for 23?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fox article reports him and Bateman don’t get along and he’s been told he’s not starting in halves with brooks and Doubhi preferred ?

Jackos $$$?

If no Moses I’d lock it on and then next years targets are a elite fullback and forward.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hastings will be an absolute punching bag on here, his body looks worse than Hodkinson towards the end of his career. Rumoured to have nerve damage in his foot/leg, coming back off a broken leg and fuck knows what else.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Looks like the stars are aligning IF Gus and CC want him

I'd take him. There is a major shortage of quality 7's available and I have major doubts about us getting Moses.

He would be a major upgrade on Flanno

I'll trust Gus and CC's call on this one

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Patience. Home grown is always the best.
There are a number of possibilities in the junior ranks only a couple of years away.
They won't be overpriced and won't rock the boat.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We could do worse than Hastings, and if the Tigers don't want him the price will be right. We would save a few 100k in comparison to Moses and might get him next year which would be great

Last edited:

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He isn’t a superstar 7 but he has the perfect style and game that we need. He is an organiser, he is a natural right sided player. Good kicking game. He is so much better than anyone we have.
I have been waiting for 2024. This signing could make 2023 a much more positive season.
Make this happen GUS.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fox article reports him and Bateman don’t get along and he’s been told he’s not starting in halves with brooks and Doubhi preferred ?

Jackos $$$?

If no Moses I’d lock it on and then next years targets are a elite fullback and forward.
For 1 year only. A crippled Hastings is better than Flopogan but we can't have him on the books for 24. We already have a crippled Reynolds in the squad. 1 is enough

I still have Foran nightmares so I'm over signings busted spine players

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I had the feeling BBO was being groomed for the 7, he was sent back to reserve grade to learn. 15 mins at 14 in the nrl was doing nothing for his development, it was a strategic move.

Now that he misses half the season, i really don't know what the plan is. I guess Flanagan gets a free kick for the start of the year.

Not sure about Hastings, was really good on those back to back wins, he carried them but i do get the issues he has with speed, he is a minor upgrade at this point.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I had the feeling BBO was being groomed for the 7, he was sent back to reserve grade to learn. 15 mins at 14 in the nrl was doing nothing for his development, it was a strategic move.

Now that he misses half the season, i really don't know what the plan is. I guess Flanagan gets a free kick for the start of the year.

Not sure about Hastings, was really good on those back to back wins, he carried them but i do get the issues he has with speed, he is a minor upgrade at this point.
Glad the BBO talk has completely been diminished.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think i would nearly be happier taking Sterlo at his age even.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hastings is the organising typenhalf we have been lacking tho.
Unless Mahoney has the capability to guide the team around the field.

Hastings is not athletic but quick between the ears and dragged tigers into a few wins last season. Particularly remember a field goal win he constructed.
We could do worse than Hastings.