Haslers failings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What about the fact the club still paid him a fair amount of $ to shut him up hahahahaha they should have just gone to court and shown evidence how he destroyed the club from the inside as that no 1 liked him
It doesn’t work like that....the lawyers would have said why did you want to re-sign him if he was destroying the club then made to pay him even more money.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
*Sobbing*

"Look at the milk, it's on the floor, I can't drink that now!"

*Continue sobbing while dabbing my eyes and blowing my nose into a tissue*

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Barba's killing it in Super League. On track for their man of steel award. Cronulla are keen to have him back. I saw some highlights the other day, still has pace to burn and can find holes like a mouse in a Swiss cheese factory.
but got kicked out of Toulon!

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
RFM has done fuk all since his try in round 1

how much longer can he live off that one moment?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
but got kicked out of Toulon!
Small men never do well in Union. Well hardly ever. Put it this way. Barba's biggest asset was his speed. With an extra 2 men on the field in rugby, tries are harder to come by (more bodies = more defense) - this is why a lot of teams in rugby take the 3 point penalties when they're available. Barba was never going to cut it in Union - just like Benji Marshall! Barba played 4 games of Union, Marshall - 6.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s see

No premiership
Ruined our salary cap
Failed to properly coach and nurture a number of upcoming juniors
Brought over Cleale who couldn’t sign his own name let alone a player
Rejected the likes of Connor Watson and latrell Mitchell
Played players out of position
Buried our media presence with his poor interviews (even Wayne Bennett is better and that’s saying something)
Appears to have ruined the rep careers of some players due to the way we are currently travelling

Ahhh...old wounds. I look forward to ya moving past this mess!

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In a bid to "shake things up" I'm surprised he didn't try to sign matt orford on 5 year deal multiple million dollar deal :D

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who says Des was a bad coach just flat doesnt know rugby league.

He was a great coach that ran out of ideas and went past his expiry date. Plain and simple.
like Utai,Barba or Thurston this yr in player terms.
He ran out of ideas because his player signing and retention was poor. He spent big money on players that didn’t perform.

We became predictable and he did not adapt over the course of 2 years. He fielded the same team regardless of form. Players were performing worse the longer he was there.

He is a bad coach.

There is no lineup at the front of his place for another coaching gig. It seems a lot of other clubs feel the same.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The biggest concern about his coaching, is simply that good players wanted no part of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.