Hasler undecided on Bulldogs' NRL kicker

Status
Not open for further replies.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
New Canterbury coach Des Hasler remains undecided on his goalkicker for the opening round of the NRL season with wingers Bryson Goodwin and Steve Turner both in the running for the role.

Turner assumed the kicking responsibilities when Goodwin was demoted to the NSW Cup midway through last season, but the former Kiwi international is expected to be back in the top grade when Hasler names his side later on Tuesday to take on Penrith in the first round on Saturday.

"It's down to two, we'll pick between Steve Turner or Bryson - we'll see later in the week," Hasler said.

Turner, who has been practising his kicking alongside Goodwin under the tutelage of former New Zealand sharpshooter Daryl Halligan, said he would be happy to hand the role back to Goodwin.

"If Bryson gets the nod to kick then I'm more than happy to let him kick because he's a wonderful kicker," Turner said.

"In the last trial against the Raiders I kicked one half, he kicked the other half ... it's out of my control really."

Meanwhile Josh Reynolds is tipped to win the nod at five-eighth ahead of Kris Keating for Saturday night's meeting with the Panthers.

Bulldogs skipper Mick Ennis declared himself over the neck and knee injuries which left him without a trial match before round one.

http://www.nrl.com/hasler-undecided-on-bulldogs-nrl-kicker/tabid/10874/newsid/66018/default.aspx

Mods, move this to Bulldogs News please, cannot post a thread in there for some reason, Cheers.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Let the tears for Lett rain on down lol

Looks like Bryson will be out there

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
i've already posted this in the "Whats your team for Round 1??" thread.

Thanks for coming.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
i've already posted this in the "Whats your team for Round 1??" thread.

Thanks for coming.
This thread was created 4 minutes before your post.

Just sayin'

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will be Bryson. Hardly news worthy. Everyone knows that he is a better kicker.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly if Goodwin can recapture his 09 form it'd be freaking awesome...He wouldn't be expensive to keep and he does his job as a winger and a little more when he's inform

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Great to see a former champion Bulldog Daryl Halligan still involved with the club in some way

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I remember El Masri saying Barba would be the next bloke to break the buldogs scoring record because of his try scoring and goal kicking ability. Havn't seen much on this. Is he any good?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I remember El Masri saying Barba would be the next bloke to break the buldogs scoring record because of his try scoring and goal kicking ability. Havn't seen much on this. Is he any good?
Barba is a very average kicker. Hits them at about 60% so not NRL standard. Handy back up I guess but I would rather Turner and Ennis kick before him. If goodwin is in the round 1 team (looks likely) he will be the kicker. Although his kicking has not been that good recently (he use to be a high 70% kicker but has been missing a few lately) makes you realise how much of a difference hazem and halligan made. We have been spoilt with 80% kickers for the last 15 years. Would always be hard to come in after such high quality sharpshooters.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Here's a total un-crazy idea ...

Why not have Turner kick from one side (left), and Bryson from the other (right), so they can both kick with their natural swing ???

Try it for 3 rounds, I reckon.

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Meanwhile Josh Reynolds is tipped to win the nod at five-eighth ahead of Kris Keating for Saturday night's meeting with the Panthers."
- BEST News ive heard, lets hope he goes good with Hodkinson

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
"Meanwhile Josh Reynolds is tipped to win the nod at five-eighth ahead of Kris Keating for Saturday night's meeting with the Panthers."
- BEST News ive heard, lets hope he goes good with Hodkinson
Most important part of the article, I wonder where this info came from??? Please be true!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Why not have Turner kick from one side (left), and Bryson from the other (right), so they can both kick with their natural swing ???

Very plausible idea CK. The main problem would be, they might lose the ability to kick accurately from the other side, which could be an issue if one gets injured. Having said that, I'd still be cool with it, if they went that way.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Very plausible idea CK. The main problem would be, they might lose the ability to kick accurately from the other side, which could be an issue if one gets injured. Having said that, I'd still be cool with it, if they went that way.
Clearly, you are a man of vision and taste ... :thumb:

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
im surprised you havnt said Romelo is the kicker CK :grinning: what else cant he do ? lol
Actually ... I dont think I've ever seen him kick one over.
That being said ... I'm sure he kicks at 75% strike-rate :p

I'll tell ya one-thing Joel's no good at : BBQ's
He almost burnt down the newly renovated Belmore back in October, and made the fireys come when they had a team feed.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

But what if we score right under the sticks??????

Status
Not open for further replies.