Hasler fined $20000 for ref comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
CANTERBURY coach Des Hasler has been issued with a $20,000 fine by the NRL for comments made about the referees in his side’s 20-18 win over Newcastle.

Half of the penalty stems from a suspended $10,000 fine handed down after a round one loss to Penrith, where Hasler also criticised officials.

Hasler had threatened to send NRL head of Football Todd Greenberg a breach notice and said a referee was out of his depth in the match.

“I was pretty disappointed with some of the interpretations of the rules. I didn’t know the game had gone back to five metres (in defence),” Hasler said after Saturday night’s match at Hunter Stadium.

“In fact, I think I might send Todd Greenberg a breach notice. In fact I will, for misrepresentation.

“He (the referee) could have done something about it. He was just out of his depth the poor fella.”

The Bulldogs have seven days to respond to the proposed ban.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...k=1316058fd6c2c5cd29de52a1d43ee8b4-1441008404

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So a $20k fine. Is that because he made two factual statements?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Big ****ing deal, 20K is like 2c for our Club.

Only down side is that the refs will **** us harder.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Might help kennellers if they know what we are discusing :grinning:

Bulldogs coach Des Hasler fined $20,000 after “out of depth” referee comments
24 MINUTES AGO AUGUST 31, 2015 5:43PM

Des Hasler: Referee 'out of his depth'
http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/...pg&width=650&api_key=kq7wnrk4eun47vz9c5xuj3mc
CANTERBURY coach Des Hasler has been issued with a $20,000 fine by the NRL for comments made about the referees in his side’s 20-18 win over Newcastle.
Half of the penalty stems from a suspended $10,000 fine handed down after a round one loss to Penrith, where Hasler also criticised officials.
Hasler had threatened to send NRL head of Football Todd Greenberg a breach notice and said a referee was out of his depth in the match.
“I was pretty disappointed with some of the interpretations of the rules. I didn’t know the game had gone back to five metres (in defence),” Hasler said after Saturday night’s match at Hunter Stadium.

“In fact, I think I might send Todd Greenberg a breach notice. In fact I will, for misrepresentation.
“He (the referee) could have done something about it. He was just out of his depth the poor fella.”
Originally published as Hasler fined $20,000 for referee comments

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just heard it on the radio. 10,000 was from round 1. What a joke the NRL are.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...k=1316058fd6c2c5cd29de52a1d43ee8b4-1441008404
I know exactly how I would like to respond but I am a lady.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Big ****ing deal, 20K is like 2c for our Club.

Only down side is that the refs will **** us harder.
Doubt it it will just bring more attention on the refs, Hasler knew he was going to get fined before he said a word and he said it all anyway he knew what he was doing.

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
F@kn scummy dog pricks... GreenTurd you scum of the earth you fining him coz he spoke the truth you piece of Rhino sh!t go F@k Yourself

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Doubt it it will just bring more attention on the refs, Hasler knew he was going to get fined before he said a word and he said it all anyway he knew what he was doing.
Hope youre right bro.

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True but what kills me is THEY don't respond they just hand out fines from theIR Ivory tower....

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True but what kills me is THEY don't respond they just hand out fines from theIR Ivory tower....
Exactly, they won't come out and ask/answer why hasler was pissed at refs Shiite performances

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
only regret is Des was selective with his words.

He should ve gone ape shiit and torn the refs apart.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
They slap Hasler with the fine as a scape goat. Refs again, get off easy where the NRL look at the Dogs as the ones doing something wrong.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The NRL are deflecting how inept they and their referees are by fining our coach. All the talk now will be about the fine Hasler was given rather than the appalling refereeing display.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Des should send Todd a breach notice for 25K now just to take the piss

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He knew what he was doing and the consequences..

He was putting the refs on notice before the finals series..

Especially if the refs are not going to police the 10, which could nullify our forward pack, hence our go forward

Status
Not open for further replies.